Assyrian Voice is celebrating a quarter century!

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Today, Assyrian Voice celebrates a quadranscentennial : heck I didn’t even know the word before today! 😎

Assyrian Voice celebrates its 25th anniversary today! (April 15, 1999 - April 15, 2024)

As our website commemorates a quarter-century of existence, we felt it fitting to honor this significant milestone by creating something that reflects the journey from our modest beginnings to our evolution over the years. Introducing the 'Assyrian Voice Museum,' a tribute to our history and growth. Visit it here: https://www.assyrianvoice.net/25years/

We extend heartfelt gratitude to our millions of visitors, members, friends, and all who have engaged with our website. Your support has been instrumental in our journey to 25 years, an eternity in internet terms.

BD42FD1F-C7CC-49BE-A782-6EE0C98E2A53.jpeg

Will always be a Special day in my heart! Its my Birthday.... AVN was the best Birthday Present I have ever received back in 1999. Countless memories and so many Friends made!

Although the majority of those Friends have moved on with their lives, their memories will always live on!!

Congratulations Ashoor. It was a few months after the launch of this website that I moved to Vanuatu and there was no Facebook, or other social media back then (actually thee were but the weren't so well known) and this website was my link to the outside world. My mother would always be shocked how much I knew about the goings on in the Assyrian community in Sydney. All due to this website.

Thanks for all your hard work in keeping this going.

Will always be a Special day in my heart! Its my Birthday.... AVN was the best Birthday Present I have ever received back in 1999. Countless memories and so many Friends made!

Although the majority of those Friends have moved on with their lives, their memories will always live on!!
Happy Birthday Eddie and it is great to know you share your birthday with the website :)
Indeed, although majority have moved on, this website is like a relic from the ancient past, always here as a testament to what was here before, for generations to come.

Congratulations Ashoor. It was a few months after the launch of this website that I moved to Vanuatu and there was no Facebook, or other social media back then (actually thee were but the weren't so well known) and this website was my link to the outside world. My mother would always be shocked how much I knew about the goings on in the Assyrian community in Sydney. All due to this website.

Thanks for all your hard work in keeping this going.

Thank you Bani!!!!

Don't forget an important detail: you were there even before AVN! If you recall and if my memory serves me correctly, I first came across your name on NOL, later Atour chat (their stint was brief) and later on AVN starting in October 1999 when we took over from Atour as the only Assyrian chat online.

Not sure if you remember her, but the very first name I remember seeing on the NOL (Nineveh Online) chat was Mona from Sydney, Australia.

Thank you Bani!!!!

Don't forget an important detail: you were there even before AVN! If you recall and if my memory serves me correctly, I first came across your name on NOL, later Atour chat (their stint was brief) and later on AVN starting in October 1999 when we took over from Atour as the only Assyrian chat online.

Not sure if you remember her, but the very first name I remember seeing on the NOL (Nineveh Online) chat was Mona from Sydney, Australia.
Yes, I am was on NOL and named Bebeto and would argue that he was greater than Romario :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: .

My online usernames across all sites were Bebeto, Primitive Man, Primitive San (when I moved to Japan), but then got suspended by Michi for using the word primitive because somebody (not mentioning her name) was "offended" by the use of the word (was not directed at her or anyone else). I then settled on Crocodile Bani when I moved to Darwin.

I remember Mona very well. She unfortunately was never the same after the tragic events with her father. She is married nowadays and doing the best she can with life. Lost contact with her a few years ago. I am sure she would be thrilled to know that you still remember her.

I Can't Even Remember what my name was on NOL but I do Remember Bani, Peachy, Salem & Mona as the very first Australian Assyrians that I made friends with.

We had our very first NOL Gathering in Sydney in 1999 where I met so many Great people who later became AVNers. Let me find you some of those pics that will shock you lol

As for Mona, I was supposed to be in an online Relationship with her lol. It lasted it 2 weeks only. I ended up meeting her at the NOL Gathering. she said to me " OMG, your Short, too short for me hahaha " and I said to her " OMG, your big, way too big for me ". That was it... it was all over!

After that, not sure what happened to her... she changed a lot and became very withdrawn... don't think she made it to AVN.... I hope she is doing Fine and kicking on with life!

OK Ashoor & Bani, let's see how many people you can recognize from those pics.. Remember this was back in 1999. The Very first Assyrian Gathering... LOL

Attachments

• ACOASPFA.jpg
    ACOASPFA.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 6
  • AAAOACx.jpg
    AAAOACx.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 6
OK Ashoor & Bani, let's see how many people you can recognize from those pics.. Remember this was back in 1999. The Very first Assyrian Gathering... LOL
First Picture

Standing: Eddie, Salem, Unknown, Mary (I don't remember their nicknames)
Bottom row; Shapira, Peach, Fuse, Yums (quoting their nicknames only)

Other photo, I only recognose the ones who I named in the previous photo.

I will try to find a photo of the AVN gathering in Sydney in 2006. Eddie and I will be in that one, but I am at work now.

By the way Eddie, it was certainly not the first but maybe the first you attended as you live in Melbourne. I had organised a restaurant and a picnic get-together both in 1998, as well as getting the NOLers to attend the TAAAS harbour cruise in 1999 (where the internet community was probably large than the TAAAS people themselves). Oh, those were the days.

I Can't Even Remember what my name was on NOL but I do Remember Bani, Peachy, Salem & Mona as the very first Australian Assyrians that I made friends with.

We had our very first NOL Gathering in Sydney in 1999 where I met so many Great people who later became AVNers. Let me find you some of those pics that will shock you lol

As for Mona, I was supposed to be in an online Relationship with her lol. It lasted it 2 weeks only. I ended up meeting her at the NOL Gathering. she said to me " OMG, your Short, too short for me hahaha " and I said to her " OMG, your big, way too big for me ". That was it... it was all over!

After that, not sure what happened to her... she changed a lot and became very withdrawn... don't think she made it to AVN.... I hope she is doing Fine and kicking on with life!
Mona was on AVN for a number of years but became very withdrawn after the tragic events with her father back in 2004.

I am sure she used the same name on AVN forums. Ashoor would have a better memory of this.

As for your "relationship", you were far from being the only one :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: There were a few "relationships" before you. But I have probably said too much.

Oh wow amazing picture, and I may have seen one of these.

The only one I recognize Is yourself, Salem and Peach? Not sure about the rest, although some of the names Bani mentioned sound familiar!

BTW Eddie, not sure if you recall and unless you are referring to another name, but your name and the first time I met you was the infamous 'Senalco' :)

Yes, I am was on NOL and named Bebeto and would argue that he was greater than Romario :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: .

My online usernames across all sites were Bebeto, Primitive Man, Primitive San (when I moved to Japan), but then got suspended by Michi for using the word primitive because somebody (not mentioning her name) was "offended" by the use of the word (was not directed at her or anyone else). I then settled on Crocodile Bani when I moved to Darwin.

I remember Mona very well. She unfortunately was never the same after the tragic events with her father. She is married nowadays and doing the best she can with life. Lost contact with her a few years ago. I am sure she would be thrilled to know that you still remember her.

Oh yes, how can I forget Bebeto!!! lol
Then of course came Primitive Man which always found funny and unique :LOL: (LOL@ the Michi incident; missed the guy, been ages since we last connected)

Yes I do recall her posting about her dad's passing and yes I have her on my FB I believe and do see updates from her from time to time.

1713335141576.jpeg
Assyrian Voice gathering in 2006 in Amsterdam. Australia, Netherlands, England and Norway represented here. Surely the AVN gathering with the most nationalities.

1713335672842.jpeg
Technically, not an AVN gathering but a Nineveh Online gathering, 1998 at Prospect Reservoir picnic grounds. This was pre Salem and Eddie days.

First Picture

Standing: Eddie, Salem, Unknown, Mary (I don't remember their nicknames)
Bottom row; Shapira, Peach, Fuse, Yums (quoting their nicknames only)

Other photo, I only recognose the ones who I named in the previous photo.

I will try to find a photo of the AVN gathering in Sydney in 2006. Eddie and I will be in that one, but I am at work now.

By the way Eddie, it was certainly not the first but maybe the first you attended as you live in Melbourne. I had organised a restaurant and a picnic get-together both in 1998, as well as getting the NOLers to attend the TAAAS harbour cruise in 1999 (where the internet community was probably large than the TAAAS people themselves). Oh, those were the days.

The Guy in the middle was called Simon... A Really nice guy..... I wonder what happened to him!

Shapira Germany LOL, man he was a fun guy... I have not seen him for years but funnily enough, few years a go, I stumbled on his Wedding Video on Youtube.. really enjoyed watching it and was very happy for him!

Oh wow amazing picture, and I may have seen one of these.

The only one I recognize Is yourself, Salem and Peach? Not sure about the rest, although some of the names Bani mentioned sound familiar!

BTW Eddie, not sure if you recall and unless you are referring to another name, but your name and the first time I met you was the infamous 'Senalco' :)

Senalco was my common name used on AVN when I joined in 1999, but on NOL i had a different name... I think it was Dodo or Gargoory

Wow, I could not even remember this Gathering.....The guy sitting next to you, i Forgot his name... his Uncle is Mar Bawei....He was in the center of attention when we had the Church division...

That is Peter Esho, his nickname was SydneyDude.

BTW, nice to see that Peach goes a long way back and I do temper seeing her on the NOL chat.

Eddie, think I told you before but the person sitting in this picture (Ebby) is our friend from Iraq!

That is Peter Esho, his nickname was SydneyDude.

BTW, nice to see that Peach goes a long way back and I do temper seeing her on the NOL chat.

Oh Yes... it is Peter Esho... have not seen him for years..... As for Peachy, I also lost contact with her years a go but the last time i heard about her, she is happily married and busy with life.

Even my best buddy Salem I have lost touch with him for many years now. He has moved off Social Media and has Opened a new business in Real Estate with his buddy Ashor so they are extremely busy to be on Social Media!

SydneyDude has moved on to bigger and better things. For those who don't know, his grandfather and my grandmother were cousins. Nowadays, he regularly appears on TV on various channels, talking about financial markets. On Tuesday after the stabbing, he was the "Assyrian representative" chosen to be interviewed on (I think it was) Channel 9 where they invited a Lebanese Muslim community leader too. He is a big of a financial markets guru, and his passion is real estate. He believes in it while I believe in gold and silver. An intelligent and charismatic guy.

Back