Author Topic: Independent Kurdistan anthem, flag to be reviewed to reflect all compon  (Read 210 times)

Offline nejepnerast

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
ERBIL, Kurdistan Region (Kurdistan 24) – The President of the Kurdistan Region Masoud Barzani met with different ethnic and religious groups in the Kurdistan Region on Tuesday, reassuring them of their rights in a future independent Kurdistan.

“We want a future independent Kurdistan to be a system of federalism with the creation of new provinces where ethnic and religious groups will be guaranteed their rights,” the President said during a meeting in Erbil.

“We might review and change the national anthem and redesign the flag to reflect the [diverse] reality,” of the Kurdistan Region, President Barzani continued.

“Since we decide to live together, we have to be partners in everything,” he added.

The Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) has planned to hold an independence referendum on Sep. 25, 2017 – a decision senior Kurdish officials say there is no turning back.

During his meeting with the representatives of Christians, Yezidis (Ezidis), Turkmen, Kakayi, and other components, President Barzani highlighted the culture of coexistence in Kurdistan as a distinguishing characteristic of the Region.

“There are villages in the Kurdistan Region that consist of Muslims, Christians, and Jews,” he explained. “They all live together in social harmony.”

The President underlined an independent Kurdistan would constitutionally guarantee the rights of all ethnic and religious groups.

President Barzani noted an independent Kurdish state would prevent further bloodshed between Erbil and Baghdad and would allow future generations to live in peace as neighbors. 

“We have been waiting for 100 years. How long shall we wait for an ‘appropriate time?’” Barzani responded to those who have expressed concern about the vote.

In another part of his speech, he emphasized Erbil’s commitment to dialogue with Baghdad, reiterating the referendum would not be postponed.

President Barzani warned that the people of the Kurdistan Region would not accept threatening language, and said Kurds deserve an independent nation like other states.

KRG officials have repeatedly criticized the Federal Government of Iraq for ignoring the Constitution and treating the people of Kurdistan as second-class citizens.

“The people of the Kurdistan Region have the right to decide whether they want to remain as part of Iraq or secede from the rest of the country,” President Barzani has previously said.

Offline Bronit Omta

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
Re: Independent Kurdistan anthem, flag to be reviewed to reflect all compon
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 10:16:19 PM »
How exactly can Assyrians be represented in the flag and national anthem? The name "Kurdistan" itself would not make me proud to be part of the country. At least with Iraq, that name stemmed from "Uruk" and was not "Arabistan" or "Arabia".

Offline nejepnerast

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 10:58:28 AM »
How exactly can Assyrians be represented in the flag and national anthem?

leave that to the poets and artists :)

The name "Kurdistan" itself would not make me proud to be part of the country. At least with Iraq, that name stemmed from "Uruk" and was not "Arabistan" or "Arabia".
The same Uruk with only 200-300 thousands assyrians in the entire country with the rest lining up to leave the country ? congrats on the big achievement .

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 10:58:28 AM »

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 12:42:09 PM »
The same Uruk with only 200-300 thousands assyrians in the entire country with the rest lining up to leave the country ? congrats on the big achievement .

Iraq and most other Muslim countries are crappy in general, why else did your family leave to Canada then?

Secondly, like I've said a million times, we Assyrians can always return there. Even after 1,000 thousands, the land will still be there whether Islam will still be pervasive or not.

modern Middle Eastern mentality has no room for nation and soil, especially when the people are mostly or relatively poor with a lack of good education OR a lack of good critical thinking skills.

Unless an asteroid hits the earth, the land will still be there.

Many Assyrians may have left but only for safety, many of them would very likely come back but only if Iraq was safe.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 12:48:49 PM by mrzurnaci »

Offline nejepnerast

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 11:56:44 AM »
Iraq and most other Muslim countries are crappy in general, why else did your family leave to Canada then?

My family is here  :bigarmhug:? where? when did they come ? Those asshole (my family :)) do not even want to come for a visit .

Secondly, like I've said a million times, we Assyrians can always return there. Even after 1,000 thousands, the land will still be there whether Islam will still be pervasive or not.
modern Middle Eastern mentality has no room for nation and soil, especially when the people are mostly or relatively poor with a lack of good education OR a lack of good critical thinking skills.
Unless an asteroid hits the earth, the land will still be there.
Many Assyrians may have left but only for safety, many of them would very likely come back but only if Iraq was safe.
With all my heart , I hope you don't actually believe what you are saying .

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 12:13:36 PM »
With all my heart , I hope you don't actually believe what you are saying .
Which part?

Proposed Kurdish anthem 'does not reflect ethnic diversity'

Started by newguyBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 6
Views: 719
Last post June 22, 2011, 10:15:37 PM
by ASHOOR
An Independent Kurdistan Would Be A Failed State

Started by mrzurnaciBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 10
Views: 463
Last post August 17, 2017, 07:01:33 PM