Author Topic: Should Christianity be our state religion?  (Read 797 times)

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
Re: Should Christianity be our state religion?
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2018, 11:05:00 AM »

And that's why this paradox just makes the existence of a god really improbable. You're right, the loop will go on and on to the point of absurdity. Therefore, the existence of a god would be really unlikely. Everything must have a beginning, right? Yes, and god shouldn't be out of question.
Just because we don't know what happened at the beginning of the universe doesn't mean God did it or was there. You're abiding to the "god of the gaps" theology here (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_the_gaps). That's why I'm an agnostic on this matter. We just don't know. If a deity is proven to be the creator, then I will be happy either way. Mind you, if you were saying that God surely doesn't exist I will still give you the same sentiments - You don't know and you cannot assume this.

However, you still can't remove religion. It's proven that controlling our animal urges has led to civilization and improving. Secondly, religion works better than a cultural philosophy because the cultural can be lost at any point in the civilization; proof of this is in Rome when the Roman virtues, that helped Rome become great, were lost over generations.

Religion is pretty good at keeping Extroverted sheeple civil and advancing society further with the exception of Islam.

Offline Cascade

• Many waters cannot quench love.
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2018, 01:02:59 AM »
However, you still can't remove religion. It's proven that controlling our animal urges has led to civilization and improving. Secondly, religion works better than a cultural philosophy because the cultural can be lost at any point in the civilization; proof of this is in Rome when the Roman virtues, that helped Rome become great, were lost over generations.

Religion is pretty good at keeping Extroverted sheeple civil and advancing society further with the exception of Islam.
I know. I don't think that all religions are equally bad, or that all religions are bad either way (some are quite good, like Taoism, Shintoism, some forms of Christianity and Buddhism). So I can see your point. However, I just don't think we need religion today per se. Sure, it helped us in the past, but today? I don't know. Sort of like milk drinking. Vital when we were babies. But not so much as adults and we don't need to rely on milk to live. I would exclude Assyrians here though because our church does unite us and help us learn our language. But in Europe and among western cultures, there's really no use for religion.
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2018, 01:02:59 AM »

Merging our two Religion and Christianity Sections

Started by ASHOORBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 0
Views: 441
Last post March 19, 2012, 11:49:31 AM
by ASHOOR
What religion would Assyrians be had Christianity not formed?

Started by mrzurnaciBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 17
Views: 2073
Last post March 23, 2016, 08:24:54 PM
by Cascade
Truth Behind Rap - The Devil's Tool Against Christianity

Started by NobodyBoard Culture & History

Replies: 13
Views: 5694
Last post March 22, 2006, 09:56:21 PM
by Uneek
New World Order and the Destruction of Christianity

Started by NobodyBoard Religion and Spirituality

Replies: 4
Views: 1420
Last post March 07, 2006, 08:53:42 AM
by Crocodile Bani
New Moderator - Politics & Religion Forum

Started by SalemBoard Culture & History

Replies: 13
Views: 2270
Last post January 22, 2006, 07:21:41 PM
by peachy
Templates: 4: index (default), Ads (default), Display (default), SimTopics (default).
Sub templates: 12: init, html_above, adsheaders_above, body_above, adsindex_above, simtopics_above, main, simtopics_below, adsindex_below, body_below, adsheaders_below, html_below.
Language files: 8: index+Modifications.english (default), index+Modifications.english-utf8 (default), markItUp.english (default), markItUp.english-utf8 (default), SimTopics.english (default), SimTopics.english-utf8 (default), Ads.english (default), Ads.english-utf8 (default).
Style sheets: 0: .
Files included: 28 - 912KB. (show)
Queries used: 26.

[Show Queries]