Author Topic: Assyrian Muslim flag  (Read 19530 times)

Offline jacob

• Special Member
Re: Assyrian Muslim flag
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2010, 11:44:54 AM »
I'm absolutely devastated today.  I had no idea I was going to wake up and find out that I'm not Assyrian because neither I nor my father believe in god.  What a horrible thing to have happen on a Wednesday morning.  I'm going to go cry now.

Offline Dalida

• Golden Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2010, 11:56:20 AM »
what he's trying to say is that Assyrian culture is DICTATED by religion, our religion is practically our culture because everything we do HAS to do with religion e.g. Rogation of the Ninevites, Kha b-nisan, Easter, Oshana, Christmas etc.

I know what you are saying but I still don't agree. I go to church almost every Sunday(when I'm not working) and one of my friends never goes to church and has no interest in religion but she can read, write and speak Assyrian. She helps Assyrian organizations. Does that mean I'm more Assyrian than her just because i got to church and she doesn't? Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?

Religion would be important to me even if I wasn't Assyrian. Being Assyrian has nothing to do with my faith.

I'm absolutely devastated today.  I had no idea I was going to wake up and find out that I'm not Assyrian because neither I nor my father believe in god.  What a horrible thing to have happen on a Wednesday morning.  I'm going to go cry now.

Awww  :bigarmhug: You are still Assyrian to me.
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
-Mother Teresa

Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane. -Phillip ****

Offline jacob

• Special Member
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2010, 12:22:15 PM »
Awww  :bigarmhug: You are still Assyrian to me.

It's all better thanks to a Dalida hug. :bigarmhug:

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2010, 12:22:15 PM »

Offline MXJSPH

• Special Member
    • Civilised Violence
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2010, 12:23:35 PM »
I disagree. To be an Assyrian is to be a Christian...or at least an Assyrian whose parents are Christian (for all the Assyrian atheists out there). These people converted to Islam centuries ago and gave up their language in favor of Kurdish, Arabic or Turkish. In other words, they lost their identity as Suraya/Assyrians. If they want to be part of our nation again, then they should adopt the two main elements that constitute our identity: our language and our national religion, Christianity.

Where's the zibla for this?
"What is love? What is creation? What is longing? What is a star? Thus asks the last man, and he blinks. The earth has become small, and on it hops the last man, who makes everything small"

Friedrich Nietzsche

civilisedviolence.wordpress.com

Offline baklawa

• Golden Member
  • No puppets allowed
    • Assyrian Aid Society of America
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2010, 05:58:50 PM »
I disagree. To be an Assyrian is to be a Christian...or at least an Assyrian whose parents are Christian (for all the Assyrian atheists out there).

I'm sure Queen Shamirum, Ashurbanipal, Malka Sargon, Marduk, Hammurabi, etc. would be bemused to know that they weren't Assyrian. 
"January 2010, the nail in the coffin, the day Zowaa will die." Hilarious prediction posted by "chaldean."
March 2010: Zowaa wins 3 out of 5 seats in the Iraqi Parliament!

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2010, 06:57:47 PM »
Our churches are a part of our nation, not the nation a part of our churches and religion.

A secular amen to that.
“Their enemies had realized their national potential long before the Assyrians themselves. The enemy was not afraid of good farmers, good parents, good church-going parishioners...the enemy was afraid of Assyrians wrapped in nationhood.”

-Mount Semele, Ivan Kakovitch

Offline mgh

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2010, 04:46:50 PM »
So what trying to say is that if I was an atheist and my kids are atheist by the time my grandchildren are born even if they speak Assyrian, recognize themselves as Assyrian you won't consider them Assyrian because they aren't Christian? Ignorant.

It is you who is ignorant...why don't you read what I wrote. I have no problem with Assyrians who become atheists and their kids are atheists and so forth. An Islamic identity is incompatible with an Assyrian identity. I think most Assyrians strongly believe that an Assyrian identity does not include being Muslim. These people converted to Islam centuries ago and most of them don't speak the language.
Those Who Deny Their Roots, Do Not Know Their Roots...

Offline mgh

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2010, 04:51:17 PM »

I'm guessing you're not Muslim...so congratulations your Assyrian credentials are solid. Your week of mourning is over. Hold your head high.

Offline Dalida

• Golden Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2010, 04:55:06 PM »
It is you who is ignorant...why don't you read what I wrote. I have no problem with Assyrians who become atheists and their kids are atheists and so forth. An Islamic identity is incompatible with an Assyrian identity. I think most Assyrians strongly believe that an Assyrian identity does not include being Muslim. These people converted to Islam centuries ago and most of them don't speak the language.

So just at long as you aren't Muslim you could be considered Assyrian. Anything other religion is cool? Ok now I understand. That sounds so much better. I will continue on being ignorant, thanks.
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
-Mother Teresa

Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane. -Phillip ****

Offline mgh

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2010, 04:55:53 PM »
Where's the zibla for this?

Exactly where your pea sized brain should be.

Offline mgh

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2010, 04:58:32 PM »
I'm sure Queen Shamirum, Ashurbanipal, Malka Sargon, Marduk, Hammurabi, etc. would be bemused to know that they weren't Assyrian. 

Were they Muslims? Apparently all of you can read/write Assyrian but not English. I'm not talking about long dead religions or Hitchens-wannabe Assyrians.

Offline mgh

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2010, 05:01:59 PM »
So just at long as you aren't Muslim you could be considered Assyrian. Anything other religion is cool? Ok now I understand. That sounds so much better. I will continue on being ignorant, thanks.

You're obviously choosing to ignore over one thousand years of our history. If I have to explain to you why being Muslim is antithetical to be an Assyrian then you really don't much about our history or culture...so yeah continue being ignorant.

Offline jonadona

• Golden Member
  • The town is back that way!
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2010, 07:56:32 PM »
You're obviously choosing to ignore over one thousand years of our history. If I have to explain to you why being Muslim is antithetical to be an Assyrian then you really don't much about our history or culture...so yeah continue being ignorant.

Maybe your pea-sized brain can't comprehend how someone can practice Islam and a) not be an extremist, and b) still be able to continue to be an Assyrian.

We're not talking about Assyrians who want to convert to Islam to declare jihad on the West. 

Christianity was scary too at a time in history.  Look at how much we hate each other because of our different churches. Of course you can't comprehend bringing another religion in the mix.

By the way, our culture was very well received in Iraq by Muslims.  Our morals/ethics are not much different than the Muslims of Iraq.

turbulence is a fluid regime characterized by chaotic, stochastic property changes.

Offline mgh

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2010, 06:02:36 PM »
Maybe your pea-sized brain can't comprehend how someone can practice Islam and a) not be an extremist, and b) still be able to continue to be an Assyrian.

We're not talking about Assyrians who want to convert to Islam to declare jihad on the West. 

Christianity was scary too at a time in history.  Look at how much we hate each other because of our different churches. Of course you can't comprehend bringing another religion in the mix.

By the way, our culture was very well received in Iraq by Muslims.  Our morals/ethics are not much different than the Muslims of Iraq.

You are an idiot. Do you even know the subject that is being discussed. Where did I mention that Christians have always done the right thing? Yes there are Muslims who practice their religion peacefully...I never denied that. Our morals/ethics are similar to theirs because we both inhabited the same region for a long time and are bound to have some things in common. But that's not what I am discussing here. I am saying that these people gave up their Assyrian identity centuries ago...they are not Christians and don't speak the language. I mentioned in my first post that this doesn't include Assyrians who are atheists/agnostics because they speak the language and are still involved/connected to the Assyrian community.

Offline Tambur

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2010, 12:20:27 AM »

Yes that's pretty much it, as long as you're not Muslim you can be Assyrian, I'm sorry but Islam is Anti-Assyrian, if any Assyrian converts to this religion they're no longer Assyrian in my eyes.

You guys are stupid if you think Islam has been good to us, where are all the Assyrians that converted to Islam today? I'm pretty sure there has been so many of them throughout history, where are they? I'll buy a monthly supply of chocolate chip cookies for 3 years if you can find me one friggin Assyrian community that survived 500 years of being Muslims and not lost their language and their culture, it's a double dare, my biggest proof is the Mhallami community recently (Which the flag is theirs by the way) in Turkey today, they no longer speak our language, and they mix with other Arabs and Kurds, I mean seriously, is that what you want? Because Assyrian converts will indeed do that, they will eventually melt.

Let me make it clear, Assyrians don't have to be Christian to be Assyrians, but they cannot be Muslims, it's as simple as that, if you accept great and if not, the walls around the room can do justice if you know what I mean, and while I don't care much for religion, I do acknowledge that it's only because of Christianity that we actually survive as a culture today, so even if you don't believe in it, respect it because it protected your name.

Btw, me thinks Jonadona might be an undercover Muslim since he's seems to defend them so much, either that or he's probably in love with one, seriously I have never seen an Assyrian out there defending Islam this much unless they're one themselves.

Offline jonadona

• Golden Member
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2010, 07:59:17 PM »
You are an idiot. Do you even know the subject that is being discussed. Where did I mention that Christians have always done the right thing? Yes there are Muslims who practice their religion peacefully...I never denied that. Our morals/ethics are similar to theirs because we both inhabited the same region for a long time and are bound to have some things in common. But that's not what I am discussing here. I am saying that these people gave up their Assyrian identity centuries ago...they are not Christians and don't speak the language. I mentioned in my first post that this doesn't include Assyrians who are atheists/agnostics because they speak the language and are still involved/connected to the Assyrian community.

First, to keep with your style of debate, you're an idiot.

Second, you've agreed with every point I've made.

Third, there are Assyrians who lost their identity during the second generation in the West.  With no Islam.

Btw, me thinks Jonadona might be an undercover Muslim since he's seems to defend them so much, either that or he's probably in love with one, seriously I have never seen an Assyrian out there defending Islam this much unless they're one themselves.

You state your opinion and it's fact, but others are undercover Muslims?  Genius. 

Just go look at your community in the West, and tell me who has influenced the other more.

Whether you like it or not, the people that do matter are surrounded by Muslims.  Fact.  If you wanna change that, then you know what to do.

Where are the Assyrians that converted to Islam?!  I'm sure they wanna be paraded in front of you to be ridiculed and then adhere to being called 'anti-Assyrian'. 

I accept the fact that there are people in this world that dwell on hate.  I'm just glad I know where they can't end up.  Makes me sleep better at night.

Sweet dreams.
turbulence is a fluid regime characterized by chaotic, stochastic property changes.

Offline Tambur

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2010, 05:05:45 AM »
You state your opinion and it's fact, but others are undercover Muslims?  Genius.  

Just go look at your community in the West, and tell me who has influenced the other more.

Whether you like it or not, the people that do matter are surrounded by Muslims.  Fact.  If you wanna change that, then you know what to do.

Where are the Assyrians that converted to Islam?!  I'm sure they wanna be paraded in front of you to be ridiculed and then adhere to being called 'anti-Assyrian'.  

I accept the fact that there are people in this world that dwell on hate.  I'm just glad I know where they can't end up.  Makes me sleep better at night.

Sweet dreams.

It has nothing to do with hate, it's just the reality of it and you need to accept it (Or not if that's what you want), let's get serious for a second, when it's a Zowaa discussion and Kurds are involved, you're very quickly to jump and make them look like ikhre, but when Islam and Arabism are involved, no they're good people and we're just full of hate.

It's very simple, Islam is not meant for Assyrians, history has taught us a very good lesson that Assyrians and Islam do not mingle well, if you're willing to learn from our history with Kurds, then be wise and learn from our history with Islam too.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 05:06:25 AM by Tambur »

Offline jonadona

• Golden Member
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2010, 10:26:09 AM »
My issue is the fact that people think we have a better chance of existing by being a small part of a smaller part.  And the Kurds have been selling it to Assyrians, and we are just eating it up.  I'm not opposed to working with Kurds.  Working with them.  Not working for them, and helping them gain an independent state that's ruthless to its minorities.

Kurds are Muslim too, but I never bring that up.  Keep them separate. 

Offline Cascade

• Many waters cannot quench love.
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2011, 05:42:17 AM »
Yes, you can be Assyrian, but not a Christian. Though, yes, being a Muslim Assyrian is a stretch and not right because Muslims never liked our culture.

I'm an Atheist and an Assyrian. We have the very rights to move away from our church because we owned our church, the church didn't own us. All those Assyrian queens and kings before Christianity were not Christian, but they were still Assyrian in the heart.
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Offline 7ayruta

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2011, 02:12:58 AM »
when will people start realizing that us being so ****ing ignorant is what's killing our nation. The same reasoning you are using to hate on Assyrian muslims are the same you hate on chaldeans too. "they're killing our culture" bla bla bla.... YOU are killing our culture. Look at ****ing europe or america?! YOU are the ones killing it. This is a F*cking tribalmentallity that says "everyone that doesn't fit my views is not accepted in the group".

This mentallity is what's killing umta. Stone heads.

I'm 100% with Jonadona on this one.
ܦܠܚܗ ܕܐܠܗܐ
ܚܪܘܬܐ ܠܐܬܘܪ ܟܒܝܫܬܐ  

Offline DonTELGA

• Don in Niagara Falls, Ontario
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2011, 02:14:41 PM »
During the Assyrian empire, Assyrians did not believe in GOD. But since the time of CHRIST, our ancestors changed their religion. So are we Assyrians because from that moment we believed in GOD, if so, then what were we during the empire years? What I am trying to say is if I am born into an Assyrian Christian family and later in life I choose to covert to Islam, Jewish or Buddist beliefs, am I or am I not Assyrian?

I believe we are Assyrian no matter what your religion is.

Another matter

If I was Catholic (Chaldean) and decided to leave that church because of some rules within the church which I don't agree too, then I switch to Assyrian Church of the East or Ancient Assyrian Church of the East or any other church. Am I now a Assyrian or am I still called a Chaldean?

Offline 7ayruta

« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2011, 03:27:44 PM »
During the Assyrian empire, Assyrians did not believe in GOD. But since the time of CHRIST, our ancestors changed their religion. So are we Assyrians because from that moment we believed in GOD, if so, then what were we during the empire years? What I am trying to say is if I am born into an Assyrian Christian family and later in life I choose to covert to Islam, Jewish or Buddist beliefs, am I or am I not Assyrian?

I believe we are Assyrian no matter what your religion is.

Another matter

If I was Catholic (Chaldean) and decided to leave that church because of some rules within the church which I don't agree too, then I switch to Assyrian Church of the East or Ancient Assyrian Church of the East or any other church. Am I now a Assyrian or am I still called a Chaldean?

B'sharafi ee ma7bn lo5  :yourock:  :loool:
ܦܠܚܗ ܕܐܠܗܐ
ܚܪܘܬܐ ܠܐܬܘܪ ܟܒܝܫܬܐ  

Offline Zowaa389

« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2011, 11:08:07 PM »
Read Fred Aprim's Hallucination of Assyrian Muslims and you will get the fact that this idiocy doe snot exist and eventually will wake up to the fact that there areother threats to us,. everything wannabe hitchesn assyrians all the way to more serious hreats like historical revision which is happening right now as we speak.
She lusted after the Assyrians, governors and officials, the ones near, magnificently dressed, horsemen riding on horses, all of them desirable young men.

Ezekiel 23:12

Offline Cascade

« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2017, 02:48:41 AM »

And I used to like you because of your positive posts about the LGBT and atheism.

Why is that Assyrians who defend gays, also happen to defend the sh!t stain that's Islam? You're like the 3rd person on this board to do so.

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2017, 09:06:34 AM »
And I used to like you because of your positive posts about the LGBT and atheism.

Why is that Assyrians who defend gays, also happen to defend the sh!t stain that's Islam? You're like the 3rd person on this board to do so.

because pro-communist indoctrination (Communism usually used force to put down Muslims, how else did the Red army take control of the -Stan countries?)

Offline Cascade

« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2017, 10:18:20 AM »
because pro-communist indoctrination (Communism usually used force to put down Muslims, how else did the Red army take control of the -Stan countries?)
I don't think it has anything to do with that. These idiots were just raised in the west. So they have no idea what Islam is really like.

Also, they think that being liberal means you have to be accepting of everyone, from those who deserve it to those who are totally intolerant and don't deserve it all. They don't know what "liberal" means.

The Face of SHAME -- Assyrian Flag at Muslim Brotherhood Rally‏

Started by Kosovo1389Board News & Current Events

Replies: 3
Views: 624
Last post September 03, 2014, 03:40:32 PM
by ASHOOR
Assyrian Flag

Started by CAMPPAINBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 9
Views: 1387
Last post October 31, 2005, 08:16:44 PM
by CAMPPAIN
Assyrian Flag at the Toyota Cup next week

Started by Crocodile BaniBoard Sports

Replies: 3
Views: 1476
Last post December 09, 2005, 11:55:53 AM
by atourina
Assyrian Flag!

Started by JooJeeBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 26
Views: 1845
Last post March 27, 2006, 08:28:49 AM
by atourina
DO you think Assyrians going to this years WORLD CUP should take a Assyrian Flag

Started by Free_AssyriaBoard Sports

Replies: 19
Views: 2926
Last post June 07, 2006, 06:12:26 AM
by Crocodile Bani