Author Topic: Even the Bible has it in for the Assyrians....  (Read 827 times)

Offline Enki

• Ron Paul 2012
Even the Bible has it in for the Assyrians....
« on: August 24, 2006, 03:32:45 AM »
Isaiah 14:25 that I will break the Assyrian in my land, and tread him under foot on my mountains. Then his yoke will leave them, and his burden leave their shoulders

I may be reading it out of context, but its clear as day what its saying. I guess this is in the Old Testiment which is what the Jews still believe in. Or am I wrong on that? Anyway, just goes to show if the Jews remain in power, its verses like this from their holy teachings, that will prevent us from ever achieving our goal of Assyria.

"If you don't want to be criticized, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing!"

Offline RadRides

• Special Member
  • bar-b-que-nin king
Re: Even the Bible has it in for the Assyrians....
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 04:02:23 AM »
I disagree Anki.  We owe much to the Jews, well the Jews who embraced Jesus Christ and spread His message to the Babylonians and Assyrians in ancient Bet Nahrain.  Perhaps Eshaya himself prophesised the demise of the great Assyrian Empire then, but I don't see how that relates to today.  What is keeping us from acheiving a nation or even soosgara amongst one another is our pride and selfish ambition.  We will get no where unless we, like the Jews sacrifice ourselves.  We have yet to do that. 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 04:09:03 AM by RadRides »

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 05:29:50 AM »
Check this thread out guys

Some good books on this same subject im actually in the middle of finishing one

http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=14847.0

"The World has no glory without the Assyrians"

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 05:29:50 AM »

Offline Claridy

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 11:09:08 AM »
The prophecy already came true in 2 Kings 19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Kings%2019;&version=31; and Isaiah 37:21-38
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah%2037:21-38;&version=31; according to my study bible.  In Isaiah 37:29 I thought it was interesting that my study bible said that this was a common torture the Assyrians used on their captives.  They were often led away with hooks in their noses or bits in their mouths to humiliate them.  The Lord was threatning to do the Assyrians what they had done to others.  So becareful how you treat others because GOD will use it against you!  You reap what you sow!

29 Because you rage against me
       and because your insolence has reached my ears,
       I will put my hook in your nose
       and my bit in your mouth,
       and I will make you return
       by the way you came.

Babylon was struggling for independence under Assyria.  Merodach-baladan, a Babylonian prince, was planning a revolt against Assyria and was forming an alliance.  He probably hoped to convince Hezekiah (13th King of Judah (southern kingdom) who instigated civil and religious reforms, also had a personal relationship with God) to join this alliance against Assyria.  Hezekiah. feeling honored by this attention and perhaps feeling some sympathy for their proposal, showed the Babylonian envoys his treasures.  But Isaiah warned the king not to trust Babylon.  Someday they would turn on Judah and devour Jerusalem's wealth.   God would defend Jerusalem for the sake of his honor and for David's sake in remembrance of his promise to David.  The Assyrians had insulted God.  They would not be his insturment to punish Jerusalem.  What Jerusalem could not possibly do, God would do for it.

Riza, I love my study bible! I don't know if you have one, but I suggest you get one for studies such as this.  I recently found out about the English Standard Version that I hear is pretty true to translation.  The words picked for this version are closer to the original texts.  That's the next Bible I'm getting.

Just as my cuz said it's the pride and selfishness that will keep us from our own country.  As you study the Bible and start to learn more about being Assyrian, you can see how history MAY repeat itself.  We have to be careful of this so that one day God will truly bless us for our obedience to Him and give us what we deserve, a piece of land called home.  And if we still don't get it in this lifetime, you better believe because of our obedience to God, we will have it in the next life and it will be so good!
"Apologetics only leads the "horse" to the water. Only the Holy Spirit can make him drink."

"Judgement Day is not going to be so much God chasing down errant sinners and throwing them into hell, but rather God simply giving men what they have already chosen beforehand - either an eternity of the darkness they spent their lives hiding in or an eternity of the Light they spent their lives seeking out. -unknown"

Offline Ankido

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 01:33:05 PM »
Anki,

Its not the Jews that decide who stays in power or who gets toppled, its God Himself who does that.  Its written somewhere, i think in Jeremiah that He plants and uproots kingdoms. Yes the Jews do still believe in the OT; many Christians believe the OT is now obsolete or annuled, they're very wrong about that.  Many of the prophecies have still not yet being fulfilled.

God has promised all that land (Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Part of Syria and Iraq) to Abraham and his descendants.  Im not sure what it is about Assyrians hating the Jews or at least not liking them.  It is our ancestors that attacked them, invaded their land and imprisoned them, not the other way round.  If anything they have a right to be angry with us.  I believe it was Tiglath-Pileser who defeated Israel's southern kingdom, but years later when Sennacherib or Sankheero attacked Judah the northern kingdom, 185,000 of his soldiers were killed in one night by an angel of the Lord.  It is God who decides who wins and who loses.

If that mild statement in Isaiah has somewhat bothered you Anki, then i strongly suggest never to read the book of Nahum the Alkoshiet (Alqoosh?) you will be very offended.  Things seem to be heating up in the middle east, Muslim hatred for the Jews is growing by the day.  The same spirit that possessed Hitler 60 years ago is now strongly working on the Iranian leader.

As much as we all love to get back the land that we once had, it is best to be patient and leave everything in God's hands.  Let God first deal with the filth of Islam and then we'll see what happens.  Senalko mentioned an interesting prophecy in Isaiah, everything in God's perfect time.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 01:35:53 PM by Ankido »
To him who is afflicted, kindness should be shown by his friend, even though he forsakes the fear of the Almighty.  Job 6:14

Offline Cascade

• Many waters cannot quench love.
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 10:20:12 PM »
A lot of Jews don't take the book seriously anymore.

And yes, the Assyrians were the antagonists in the Old Testament. Sad that so many Assyrians hold the book dear.
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Lecture 'Assyrians in the Bible' Toronto. May 30, 2010

Started by ASHOORBoard Old Events (before 2011)

Replies: 1
Views: 1068
Last post May 27, 2010, 11:34:27 AM
by Dalida
Recent mentioning of Assyrians in the news: is there a bible connection?

Started by ASHOORBoard Religion and Spirituality

Replies: 6
Views: 761
Last post March 05, 2015, 06:31:06 PM
by Kebabsås
Bible Lesson

Started by ClaridyBoard Religion and Spirituality

Replies: 14
Views: 2762
Last post March 08, 2006, 12:09:20 PM
by Claridy
**Bible Studies** Week One