Author Topic: A List of good arguments against Islam  (Read 2617 times)

Online Neon

• Try and fail, but never fail to try.
Re: A List of good arguments against Islam
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2017, 08:17:45 PM »
^Speaking of LOTR:

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2017, 09:13:12 PM »
^Speaking of LOTR:

One Book to rule them all, One book to find them; One book to bring them all

and in the darkness bind them. The Qur'an ( ͜。 ͡ʖ ͜。)

Offline Sharukinu

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2017, 02:40:55 AM »
new argument!

in Islam, Shirk is considered one of the greatest sins that a person can commit. Islam dictates that Shirk is never forgiven by Allah.

Shirk is defined as ascribing or the establishing "partners" placed beside Allah.

Muslims do not exactly realize this but they are committing technical Shirk by believing in Angels.

How is this Shirk? Angels in Islam are exactly identical to angels in Christianity and Judaism, meaning angels have immortality and have powers beyond that of humans.

By this definition, angels can be considered lesser gods. Since Muslims associate angels with Allah, they are thus committing an unforgivable sin.

Muslims do not generally think of angels as gods but angels definitely fit the definition of a god (i.e. being immortal and having powers beyond the power of humans)

thus, in conclusion, by believing in angels, Muslims are committing an unforgivable sin. From this, every Muslim that has ever believed in angels is in the fires of Hell.

I think this argument is clearly flawed. Just because X has an attribute of Y does not necessitate that X=Y. For example of this error in practice, apples exist and tables exist therefore, apples are at least some lesser form of tables.

Immortality is considered an attribute of God in all of the Abrahamic religions but it isn't necessarily an attribute that only God can have. In those religions, God can create beings that do not die without creating other gods. Eternal existence or, in this case, eternal preexistence would be the attribute in question since it is strictly reserved for God in all mainstream Abrahamic religions, and, as you would expect, no angels have this attribute in any of those religions.

Also, having supernatural powers does not necessitate deity. In the aforementioned religions, prophets and angels posses divine powers but they are not taken to be gods thereby. Most would simply state that these powers are authorised or endowed by God and even if that interpretation isn't held, it would be perfectly valid for someone to argue that they are not objects of worship and thus not deemed gods according to their religious model.

Islamic literature, like most religious literature, is rife with errors and contradictions but I'm afraid this is not from among them.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 02:49:54 AM by Sharukinu »
“It is pleasant, when the sea is high and the winds are dashing the waves about, to watch from the shores the struggles of another.”

― Titus Livy

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2017, 02:54:24 AM »
I think this argument is clearly flawed. Just because X has an attribute of Y does not necessitate that X=Y. For example of this error in practice, apples exist and tables exist therefore, apples are at least some lesser form of tables.

Immortality is considered an attribute of God in all of the Abrahamic religions but it isn't necessarily an attribute that only God can have. In those religions, God can create beings that do not die without creating other gods. Eternal existence or, in this case, eternal preexistence would be the attribute in question since it is strictly reserved for God in all mainstream Abrahamic religions, and, as you would expect, no angels have this attribute in any of those religions.

Also, having supernatural powers does not necessitate deity. In the aforementioned religions, prophets and angels posses divine powers but they are not taken to be gods thereby. Most would simply state that these powers are authorised or endowed by God and even if that interpretation isn't held, it would be perfectly valid for someone to argue that they are not objects of worship and thus not deemed gods according to their religious model.

Islamic literature, like most religious literature, is rife with errors and contradictions but I'm afraid this is not from among them.

it made more sense in my head but I guess you're right, should I delete or leave it?

Offline Sharukinu

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2017, 03:12:39 AM »
it made more sense in my head but I guess you're right, should I delete or leave it?

For a historical record in the evolution of our ideas, keep it. To not mislead casual scanners or save the time of perusers who want to reference this thread, delete it.

Up to you.
“It is pleasant, when the sea is high and the winds are dashing the waves about, to watch from the shores the struggles of another.”

― Titus Livy

Offline Mr. Tambourine Man

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2017, 06:36:29 AM »
Christianity will always be a guideline for individuals to better themselves and at the forefront of Christian teachings is the individual and this spiritual and physical guide that he/she is prompted to partake in. Islam always views the individual as a pawn in the religion's conquest; a subject of manipulation for overall conquest.

This is evident in the 'Seven Deadly Sins' and the 'Seven Sins That Damn A Person To Hell'.

''An anthropologist squeezed my arm, just for the satisfaction of having touched the flesh and blood of an Assyrian.'' - Ivan Kakovitch

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2017, 09:29:44 PM »
if you guys watch the Walking Dead on AMC, it took me a while to realize what Negan is doing is very similar and no different to what Muhammad did.

Negan extorts and parasites different communities, keeps multiple wives for himself and himself only, created a cult around himself like Muhammad did, murders or severely punishes anyone who tries to escape his cult, greatly rewards those who join his cult, and endorses that anyone not within his cult is worthless and must produce for the cult...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 10:22:13 PM by mrzurnaci »

Online Neon

• Try and fail, but never fail to try.
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2017, 11:00:23 PM »
Christianity will always be a guideline for individuals to better themselves and at the forefront of Christian teachings is the individual and this spiritual and physical guide that he/she is prompted to partake in.
Christianity would've been a really excellent religion if it was purely and exclusively centred on Christ's moral teachings (excluding the idea of "hell", though). The Torah and the Pauline epistles should've been nonexistent or at least disbarred. Now the epistles aren't bad, but the Torah is vile and it's disquieting how there are a few Christians today who quote Leviticus, when even Jews don't quite observe these laws rather fundamentally.
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2017, 11:00:23 PM »

Good Assyrian Song list of reccomendations

Started by KrayZBoard Music & Arts

Replies: 2
Views: 991
Last post November 19, 2005, 08:09:35 PM
by AssyrianPrince21
List Your Recent Good Deeds

Started by NintendomasterBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 12