Author Topic: Assyrian music (is it time to move on?)  (Read 11043 times)

Offline xnicksomox

Assyrian music (is it time to move on?)
« on: July 17, 2011, 07:25:30 PM »
Assyrian lyrics- Most singers want a bigger audience for their music right? Well I don't think the younger generation appreciates words so old that not even their great grandparents from their mathwatha even use anymore. Most of these words have synonyms that are still Sureth.

Assyrian music- Sometimes people appreciate a good khigga song, but don't you guys think its time for our music to evolve? We listen to Arabic music for our Sharqy music. Why not have some Assyrian Sharqy? And we do have some siskani music that's kinda like American pop but I think we can do better. Don't get me wrong I like Assyrian traditional music but the younger generation (even some older generations) think that our music is kind of primitive and basic. Also they probably think that Assyrian music has only like 4 or 5 different beats.

Don't you guys think it should be time to improve our music? Why not try to make it the best middle eastern music? We should work on everything we don't have for example Sharqy music, r&b music, pop music...etc.

What's your opinion?

ܦܪܕܝܣܐ ܗ݇ܘܝܢ ܗ݇ܘܐ ܡܝܘܡܐ ܩܕ݇ܡܝܐ, ܘܦܪܕܣܐ ܒܦܝܫܝܢ ܠܕܪܐ ܐ݇ܚܪܝܐ

ܦܹܪܕܹܣܵܐ ܗ݇ܘܲܢ ܗ݇ܘܵܐ ܡܝܘܿܡܵܐ ܩܲܕ݇ܡܵܝܵܐ, ܘܦܹܪܕܹܣܵܐ ܒܦܲܝܫܝܼܢ ܠܕܵܪܵܐ ܐ݇ܚܵܪܵܝܵܐ

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
Re: Assyrian music (is it time to move on?)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 08:24:39 PM »
ya! and nick..have u also noticed that in weddings, they're always the same songs!!!!  something that everybody has heard and used to..something casual and fun!!!

but who would make the changes?? :/      we're not singers!! :blink: :blush2:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 08:25:16 PM by shekwanta »

Offline xnicksomox

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 11:48:58 PM »
Lol yeah I know Shekwanta. And idk the singers think that we don't wanna change and a lot of people here actually wouldn't want their precious music to change, but if we don't change it up then its never going to gain popularity among us or among other middle eastern people.

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 11:48:58 PM »

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 02:41:19 PM »
Lol yeah I know Shekwanta. And idk the singers think that we don't wanna change and a lot of people here actually wouldn't want their precious music to change, but if we don't change it up then its never going to gain popularity among us or among other middle eastern people.

yaaa....but dont u think that the new singers are singing something different?? :blink:

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 02:44:13 PM »
i think some are already evolving, with both English and Arabic flavors to their music. It is a natural process and as long as they don't lose track of the origin of the Assyrian music, they should be fine.

In fact, this could very well be what will help Assyrian music connect with the new generation. So you have a good point there Nick.

Having said that, I think and I do see many from the new generation who do listen to old/pure Assyrian music songs, and although they don't understand the lyrics, they still enjoy the music and the song overall.

ASHOOR
-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 02:57:36 PM »
I do see many from the new generation who do listen to old/pure Assyrian music songs, and although they don't understand the lyrics

ASHOOR
i listen to evin agassi and i dont understand some of the words  :blush:  :innocent:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 02:59:12 PM by shekwanta »

Offline AlexSuryoyo

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 04:53:45 PM »
Assyrian lyrics- Most singers want a bigger audience for their music right? Well I don't think the younger generation appreciates words so old that not even their great grandparents from their mathwatha even use anymore. Most of these words have synonyms that are still Sureth.

Assyrian music- Sometimes people appreciate a good khigga song, but don't you guys think its time for our music to evolve? We listen to Arabic music for our Sharqy music. Why not have some Assyrian Sharqy? And we do have some siskani music that's kinda like American pop but I think we can do better. Don't get me wrong I like Assyrian traditional music but the younger generation (even some older generations) think that our music is kind of primitive and basic. Also they probably think that Assyrian music has only like 4 or 5 different beats.

Don't you guys think it should be time to improve our music? Why not try to make it the best middle eastern music? We should work on everything we don't have for example Sharqy music, r&b music, pop music...etc.

What's your opinion?

I agree with you nick, I like assyrian music (not all the songs but we have a lot of good songs). However I think it's always the same songs like shekwanta said. But we see that the young generation try to do somenthing else and mix assyrian music with western music, I hope we'll see more R and B, pop and rap.

ps: Do you know an assyrian rock song??  :loool:
I am Aramean

I am Assyrian

I am Chaldean

I am Mesopotamian

I AM BETH NAHRIN !!!!

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 01:42:38 AM »
ps: Do you know an assyrian rock song??  :loool:
melechesh is a "Mesopotamian" metal genre band

also, all the songs that I like; I upload them alll on upload
I even like our Church music that I uploaded an entire 1 hour and 29 minute session of Liturgical music
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 01:51:55 AM by mrzurnaci »

Offline xnicksomox

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 05:39:13 AM »
Idk some artists do something different and yeah I listen to Assyrian music even though a lot of times I don't know what the words mean. When I ask my parents or people born in Iraq like cousins I have they say what the word means but that no one uses it anymore. Its kind of annoying sometimes.

As for music idk I like our music and it makes me wanna dance but some Assyrian Sharqi would be really cool. And idk if you saw my western Syriac link under the videos section here. The song is R&B but Suryoyo so I can't understand it. But I love the singers in it and the way the mix our language with new music.

Offline Moneer Cherie

• Assyrian Music MP3
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 10:58:52 AM »
I think its all about the money…Folk songs insures singers are booked for wedding…wedding brings money…and so on…and on….

You don't see Shlimon Bet Shmuel singing in a wedding or David Esha...!

Many Assyrian singers over the years tried verity and very few are still trying from time to time. Many years ago we didn’t have Assyrian Chobia but now we have our own assyrian Chobia songs and dance to go with it...

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 07:10:59 PM »
You don't see Shlimon Bet Shmuel singing in a wedding or David Esha...!

why!  :blink:

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 07:20:29 PM »
I think its all about the money…Folk songs insures singers are booked for wedding…wedding brings money…and so on…and on….

i totally agree with u if what u mean is --> new singers arent really "used" in weddings!              then yes! i totally agree with u!

i have actually heard people talking about this (my parents :mrgreen: )  and it is... one of the "good" old singers was supposed to come to my cousins wedding, only he wanted lots of money! so we suggested that one of the "new" singers to come and  sing!  but what happend is that we  were comparing ALOT about "good old traditional singer" and a "new one!"    ofcourse an old traditional one was better!          (he came btw. the old traditional one! :mrgreen: )

so ya...hmm...people DO stick to what they hear! (use to) i guess its easier and more "reliable"!  :sleep:                  :innocent:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 07:22:47 PM by shekwanta »

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 07:25:14 PM »
When I ask my parents or people born in Iraq like cousins I have they say what the word means but that no one uses it anymore. Its kind of annoying sometimes.
then..ask me nick! :blink: :mrgreen: jk  ;)                   :bigarmhug:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 07:27:23 PM by shekwanta »

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 07:28:11 PM »
i totally agree with u if what u mean is --> new singers arent really "used" in weddings!              then yes! i totally agree with u!

i have actually heard people talking about this (my parents :mrgreen: )  and it is... one of the "good" old singers was supposed to come to my cousins wedding, only he wanted lots of money! so we suggested that one of the "new" singers to come and  sing!  but what happend is that we  were comparing ALOT about "good old traditional singer" and a "new one!"    ofcourse an old traditional one was better!          (he came btw. the old traditional one! :mrgreen: )

so ya...hmm...people DO stick to what they hear! (use to) i guess its easier and more "reliable"!  :sleep:                  :innocent:

pffffffft we don't need singers anymore, just rent some huge ass speakers and play whatever assyrian song u find off youtube, qeenatha, or assyrianmp3 and bam u just saved 15% or more on Assyrian musicianal entertainment.

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 07:32:16 PM »
pffffffft we don't need singers anymore, just rent some huge ass speakers and play whatever assyrian song u find off youtube, qeenatha, or assyrianmp3 and bam u just saved 15% or more on Assyrian musicianal entertainment.
:lmao:    that IS easieeeeer!!!!!!  but....i dont know!  i agree with u!  i say..why use singers!!!! why not songs! LOUDDD songs! i actually prefer DJs  but some ppl just gotta have fantsy! so i donno!

i have always been to weddings that have DJs in!   ive never been to a wedding with a LIVE singer!! never! never seen any singer personally!  :/

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 07:33:24 PM »
:lmao:    that IS easieeeeer!!!!!!  but....i dont know!  i agree with u!  i say..why use singers!!!! why not songs! LOUDDD songs! i actually prefer DJs  but some ppl just gotta have fantsy! so i donno!

i have always been to weddings that have DJs in!   ive never been to a wedding with a LIVE singer!! never! never seen any singer personally!  :/

ehem......my cousin needed to PLEASE the bride!  :shades:                         although i think she paid for the singer!  :mrgreen:

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 07:51:17 PM »
ehem......my cousin needed to PLEASE the bride!  :shades:                         although i think she paid for the singer!  :mrgreen:

I've seen Sargon Youkhanna live (for my cousin's sons baptism) lol yea they had a khloola for a baptism

and my sister's wedding we had Juliana Jendo and we booked her quickly cuz my dad said he would pay IN cash.

Offline mishtutho

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 08:06:01 PM »
Assyrians don't accept change in anything and that is not a negative statement.
many singers tried to bring a change to Assyrian music and were criticized very bad here in the forum.
We accept when Arabs do changes but we dont like our singers to do. I know our singers are puzzled and dont know what to do.

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2011, 08:06:32 PM »
I've seen Sargon Youkhanna live (for my cousin's sons baptism) lol yea they had a khloola for a baptismand my sister's wedding we had Juliana Jendo and we booked her quickly cuz my dad said he would pay IN cash.
:lmao: :lmao:  sounds a hell of a baptism!!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:  :angelnot:

ya! thats great!...... but dont u think they order ALOT! :blink: i dont know is that just me!  i mean....we booked johny talia and he wanted 12000 i think!! i am NOT sure!!!!!!!!   but then i think the made a "discount" to 7000 or 8000       (thats what i heard from dad)  it was my uncle's wedding!  khoonat babi                                     (i repeat, am not sure if he wanted 12000 cause i forget alot)

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2011, 08:28:30 PM »
:lmao: :lmao:  sounds a hell of a baptism!!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:  :angelnot:

ya! thats great!...... but dont u think they order ALOT! :blink: i dont know is that just me!  i mean....we booked johny talia and he wanted 12000 i think!! i am NOT sure!!!!!!!!   but then i think the made a "discount" to 7000 or 8000       (thats what i heard from dad)  it was my uncle's wedding!  khoonat babi                                     (i repeat, am not sure if he wanted 12000 cause i forget alot)

yea the baptism even had an ear-piercing zurna and dawoola band, made me feel bad about not bringing my zurna and playing along with them lol

well don't forget, we Assyrians are only 5 million spread worldwide compared to other singers who have larger audiences, that's why some Assyrian singers branch into Kurdish or Arabic songs so that they can get a good income.

Offline AlexSuryoyo

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 01:03:54 PM »

It's not the same, with a singer it's better, he puts more ambiance  :) (personal opinion)
I am Aramean

I am Assyrian

I am Chaldean

I am Mesopotamian

I AM BETH NAHRIN !!!!

Offline xnicksomox

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 02:25:17 PM »
Yeah idk its because many people complain about the new singers and like the old ones better for the weddings. (We say hafla d'gwara not khloola). But when it comes to buying albums and songs we complain that our music is too traditional and not as new and exciting as Arabic or Western music.

I think an album should have new styles and surprises, but the weddings have to be traditional.

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 08:24:07 PM »
yea the baptism even had an ear-piercing zurna and dawoola band, made me feel bad about not bringing my zurna and playing along with them lol
well don't forget, we Assyrians are only 5 million spread worldwide compared to other singers who have larger audiences, that's why some Assyrian singers branch into Kurdish or Arabic songs so that they can get a good income.
:lmao:         ...wait!!!  what do u mean "earrr piercing"??  :shades:  :blink:

ya u are right! u know,, in a while i wanted to be a singer!!!!! anddd.. i used to say that am gonna sing in EVERY langauge! so that everybody knows who we r!    : )

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 08:27:12 PM »
It's not the same, with a singer it's better, he puts more ambiance  :) (personal opinion)
r u sure! :/ hmm...ive never met any singer before! i live far away from assyrians!

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2011, 08:29:53 PM »
Yeah idk its because many people complain about the new singers and like the old ones better for the weddings. (We say hafla d'gwara not khloola). But when it comes to buying albums and songs we complain that our music is too traditional and not as new and exciting as Arabic or Western music.

I think an album should have new styles and surprises, but the weddings have to be traditional.
i thik new singers are kinda "AFRAID"  of making new style in music! cause it wont be bought!!      dont u think!!!!  :)

althought it wont be bad trying something NEW!  :wavetowel:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 08:31:04 PM by shekwanta »

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 09:16:02 PM »
i thik new singers are kinda "AFRAID"  of making new style in music! cause it wont be bought!!      dont u think!!!!  :)

althought it wont be bad trying something NEW!  :wavetowel:
its not just buying, some people will buy the songs, THEN upload em on youtube or somewhere else, like me. People like me are slowly killing Assyrian music.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:16:47 PM by mrzurnaci »

Offline parzona

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2011, 02:01:39 AM »
our new singers sing like their granparents  :loool:

Offline xnicksomox

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2011, 05:38:25 AM »
Lol yeah its not good to put em on YouTube obviously they wont make money.

Idk new styles = bigger audience because people who like pop or r&b or sharqi can listen to it in Assyrian instead of Tamer hosny or Nancy Abram, or Faris Karam.

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2011, 09:39:49 AM »
its not just buying, some people will buy the songs, THEN upload em on youtube or somewhere else, like me. People like me are slowly killing Assyrian music.
u should stop doing that! LOL ;)  :mrgreen:

but..i also put songs on u-tube!  :blink:    i just think (hmmm...people are not gonna find these songs anywhere else, and youtube is most used..so i do it , that everybody can find them easily! )  so i kinda think am doing something "good" for society!  :blush2:  :blink:

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2011, 09:42:03 AM »
Lol yeah its not good to put em on YouTube obviously they wont make money.

Idk new styles = bigger audience because people who like pop or r&b or sharqi can listen to it in Assyrian instead of Tamer hosny or Nancy Abram, or Faris Karam.
but if we dont put them on youtube, then nobody would find them!  :blink:

LOL.....i LOVEEEEEEEEEEE nancy and faris (dont get me started about faris!) i LOVE him!  all of his songs!  (and tamer <3 ) sharqi is beautiful!!!!!! : )

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2011, 01:26:15 PM »
u should stop doing that! LOL ;)  :mrgreen:

but..i also put songs on u-tube!  :blink:    i just think (hmmm...people are not gonna find these songs anywhere else, and youtube is most used..so i do it , that everybody can find them easily! )  so i kinda think am doing something "good" for society!  :blush2:  :blink:

u mean songs like this ?

Mkhi Zurna - Athir Khoshaba | ܡܚܝ ܙܘܪܢܐ - ܐܬ݂ܘܪ ܚܒ݂ܫܒܐ

I just started adding these in HD 720p format, im not gonna do 1080p because that's a bit too much lol

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2011, 09:18:59 PM »
u mean songs like this ?

Mkhi Zurna - Athir Khoshaba | ܡܚܝ ܙܘܪܢܐ - ܐܬ݂ܘܪ ܚܒ݂ܫܒܐ

I just started adding these in HD 720p format, im not gonna do 1080p because that's a bit too much lol

eh eh eh eh kilililililililiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :wavetowel:           LOLLLLLL ;)  :mrgreen:

i didnt get the whole last line  (the one in dark black!  :blink: )

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2011, 11:50:34 PM »
eh eh eh eh kilililililililiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :wavetowel:           LOLLLLLL ;)  :mrgreen:

i didnt get the whole last line  (the one in dark black!  :blink: )
i started adding music in high definition cuz youtube allows it now, but its been allowing it for some time so yea.

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2011, 06:33:28 PM »
i started adding music in high definition cuz youtube allows it now, but its been allowing it for some time so yea.
hmm..i didnt know that!!        :blink:

Offline xnicksomox

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2011, 06:09:42 PM »
Yeah Shekwanta I love the music of Nancy Ajram, Tamer Hosny, and Faris Karam but I don't understand Arabic. Why can't we make new styles of Assyrian music? We already love it with Arabic lyrics so why not our own language?

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2011, 07:40:32 PM »
Yeah Shekwanta I love the music of Nancy Ajram, Tamer Hosny, and Faris Karam but I don't understand Arabic. Why can't we make new styles of Assyrian music? We already love it with Arabic lyrics so why not our own language?
u mean sing with ARABIC music!!!

but i hate that!!! :cry:   when i listen to an assyrian song with some kinda of arabic music! i stop listening!!   orrr an assyrian song with arabic/english lyrics.. i stop!!!     (i think it comes from me not liking to mix langauges together! i donno know!  :mrgreen: )

new different music YES! but not other peopls music! that is stealing!  :mrgreen:  :blush2: ;)

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2011, 07:49:25 PM »
u mean sing with ARABIC music!!!

but i hate that!!! :cry:   when i listen to an assyrian song with some kinda of arabic music! i stop listening!!   orrr an assyrian song with arabic/english lyrics.. i stop!!!     (i think it comes from me not liking to mix langauges together! i donno know!  :mrgreen: )

new different music YES! but not other peopls music! that is stealing!  :mrgreen:  :blush2: ;)

like how American rapper Jay-z copied an Egyptian tune and made it into a hip-hop beat

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2011, 07:51:31 PM »
like how American rapper Jay-z copied an Egyptian tune and made it into a hip-hop beat
LOLLLL!!  nooooo...they can do whatever they want!!,  but YES! that is an example!!!!!!!!

Offline xnicksomox

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2011, 12:36:32 AM »
I don't mean like stealing music from Arabic singers or like that. I just mean like the Sharqi beat itself can be used in Assyrian songs like Sharqi beats with our own Zurna and our own lyrics. It would make us dance at parties and stuff without having to use Arabic (if the songs actually turn out good). Because I am unsure if our singers can make songs Arabic style lol.

Offline xnicksomox

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2011, 01:41:46 AM »
I don't have too many instruments (especially a Zurna :/) but I tried to make a Sharqi beat real quick. I'm not professional especially not in Arabic music so it's not very good, but just an example where you can use a Sharqi beat with Assyrian words.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/uNV5JTyo/Arabic-Assyrian_Beat.html

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2011, 02:10:42 AM »
I don't have too many instruments (especially a Zurna :/)
I got a zurna but the pipe (thing u put reed on) is of crappy quality

Offline xnicksomox

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2011, 02:30:53 AM »
A real one? I make my music using the computer. Sadly I have not learned how to play any instruments yet. But i love music especally our own so I practice it on the computer, but I cannot ever find a Zurna that I can use. I have like Trombones and Oboes that sound a little like it but don't really match. That's the main reason I haven't tried producing a real Assyrian Instrumental.

Offline xnicksomox

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2011, 02:37:10 AM »
btw this is what I'm talking about. One of the first Slow Songs I've heard in Assyrian that I actually like:

I don't understand all of it but ive heard worse lmaooo

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2011, 06:55:47 PM »
btw this is what I'm talking about. One of the first Slow Songs I've heard in Assyrian that I actually like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Rq8Y8b64G6I#at=78

I don't understand all of it but ive heard worse lmaooo

if the day comes and ur alone, missing my heart that keeps u inside of it.... come back and dont think my heart is mad, how can a heart be mad when its full of love! (he means her love) ....come back and dont think i forgot, how can a heart forget when its living on the memory!
my heart is a gift for u..full of longing!      and stuff like that :mrgreen:

u have heard worse?  :blink:   :shades:

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2011, 06:56:55 PM »
if the day comes and ur alone, missing my heart that keeps u inside of it.... come back and dont think my heart is mad, how can a heart be mad when its full of love! (he means her love) ....come back and dont think i forgot, how can a heart forget when its living on the memory!
my heart is a gift for u..full of longing!      and stuff like that :mrgreen:

u have heard worse?  :blink:   :shades:
BTW.  its a beautiful song! :)   :blush2:

Offline xnicksomox

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2011, 07:39:24 PM »
I've heard worse as in, there's songs that I understand less than this. Shekwanta since u understand it well can you post the lyrics (in Assyrian) but English letters? Like "hoobakh eele shapira"?

Offline xnicksomox

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2011, 10:37:24 PM »
Btw i think in Assyrian mad/sad is "kreeba" right?

For us sad = qheera (ܩܗܝܼܪܵܐ)
and mad/annoyed = 'Eeqa (ܥܝܼܩܵܐ)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:38:36 PM by xnicksomox »

Offline xnicksomox

« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2011, 10:46:07 PM »
I searched "sadness" "sad" "mad" "anger", but I can't find "Kreeba" so I think it might be foreign.

http://www.premiumwanadoo.com/cuneiform.languages/syriac/dosearch.php

However "3eeqa" shows up and "3eeqootha"

"sad"                          "sadness"

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2011, 12:38:43 AM »
I searched "sadness" "sad" "mad" "anger", but I can't find "Kreeba" so I think it might be foreign.

http://www.premiumwanadoo.com/cuneiform.languages/syriac/dosearch.php

However "3eeqa" shows up and "3eeqootha"

"sad"                          "sadness"

Kreeba is Kurdish, anger is HHimtha ܚܸܡܬܵܐ

Offline xnicksomox

« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2011, 12:42:45 AM »
oh ok. So does Himtha have anything to do with heat? "khamimta"? Because anger and heat kind of correspond.

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2011, 01:11:20 AM »
oh ok. So does Himtha have anything to do with heat? "khamimta"? Because anger and heat kind of correspond.
yea, actually they are different

the verb HH-M-T or ܚܡܬ means "to rage, to be angry"
the verb "to be hot, or to heat" is HH-M-M or ܚܡܡ

Offline xnicksomox

« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2011, 01:15:36 AM »
Yeah now that I think about it my family and I have never used angry or mad in our whole life lol. We say "3eeqa" as hurt and "qheera" as sad.

Offline mishtutho

« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2011, 02:59:17 AM »
Guys check this out an original Assyrian song with sharqi beat.
Walter Aziz - Qamo Shokhliplakh? 2005 Akitu Album

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2011, 05:30:05 PM »
Guys check this out an original Assyrian song with sharqi beat.
Walter Aziz - Qamo Shokhliplakh? 2005 Akitu Album

omg! u are so right! this is totally arabic! (egyptian) :)

looks weird though!  :blush2:

Offline xnicksomox

« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2011, 07:42:28 PM »
Wow pretty cool. Not to be picky or anything but I meant Sharqi people dance to like Faris karam songs, Tannoura and Neswanji

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2011, 07:32:40 PM »
sad---->    kheshana       "khesh-shana"
mad---->   mad as angry: kreeba        orrrr      mad as insane: shweekha, or shidana

anger--->  karba
angry--->  kreeba

:)

p.s......3eeqootha  means (or we use it) like a problem thing! for example:  ayya kha eeqoothela                 
                                                                                                     this is a problem

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2011, 07:58:12 PM »
I've heard worse as in, there's songs that I understand less than this. Shekwanta since u understand it well can you post the lyrics (in Assyrian) but English letters? Like "hoobakh eele shapira"?
okay...so i searched for the lyrics but couldnt find one...so here! am gonna do it myself!  :blush2:

en yooma tileh, wilakh kha bnoshakh
mookhnilakh m lbby t gawoowen khwishakh
derat u la tanyat, qamo at kreebewit?
dakh kareb lebba b khubbakh  milyele!

en yooma tile u derron nisaneh
al setwa rkhiqloon kulle bayane
derat u la tanyat, qamo at moonshele?
dakh manshe lebba b khubbakh khayele

yakantat lbbi, lbbi yakana
qatakh dashnele melya men khnana

khubbakh napasee....b khubbakh mjalde mitenwa ana
at mnnit khaya gu kul daqeeqa...u ana gu zona khayewin tleeqa
derat u la tanyat , qamo at milyoole o shopi speeqa? ..shopakh mkhoomyoowin, up in la derat
qamo at milyoole o shopi speeqa? ..shopakh mkhoomyoowin, up in la derat..bet payesh L abad a taree khleeqa

oof! that was hard LOL  :mrgreen: but ur worth it ;)
oh! u have to know one more thing!  these lines (some of them) are said twice in the song but  i wrote 1  :blush2:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:03:12 PM by shekwanta »

Offline xnicksomox

« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2011, 10:39:29 PM »
Haha thank you very much Shekwanta. Now are you ready to help me learn some Assyrian dialect words? I made a list of what I don't understand.

bnoshakh
gawoowen (I was in it?)
khwishakh
khnana
napasee (is it "my breath"?)
mjalde 

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2011, 11:05:57 PM »
Haha thank you very much Shekwanta. Now are you ready to help me learn some Assyrian dialect words? I made a list of what I don't understand.

bnoshakh
gawoowen (I was in it?)
khwishakh
khnana
napasee (is it "my breath"?)
mjalde 

bnoshakh - by herself
gawoowen (I was in it?) - correct
khwishakh - never heard of that word, complete mystery since idk how to spell it.
khnana - I believe it means to pity
napasee (is it "my breath"?) - correct
mjalde - quickly

Offline xnicksomox

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2011, 11:36:01 PM »
Ohhh
Khnana for us is pronounced "7inana" and means mercy.

Bnoshakh we say "tigyanakh"

Mjalde we say "qaloola"

And we both don't know the other one lol

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2011, 03:00:29 PM »
mrzurnaci:   mjalde - quickly
nick:          Mjalde we say "qaloola

no no no no no!!!!......mjalde means for a long time!   u say (when did this happen?) ---> (the answer: mjalde!)       means: for a long time ago!
so mjalde isNT qaloola! nor is it quickly!

and the others are like mrzurnaci said       bnoshakh= alone
                                                         khnana= in arabic (hanan) i dont know how to say this in english! its like missing someone!
                                                         gawoowin=  this is gonna be hard to explain lol.... gawoowin is a short cut of:
                                                                                                                             gawoo-iwin-->   (gawoo: inside)
                                                                                                                                            -->   (iwin:  am)                          
                                                         khwishakh= locked in    (so the sentence: "gawoowin khwishakh"  means: i have locked u in)
                                                         napasee: my breath   (comes from arabic: nafas)

P.S     instead of gawoowin khwishakh u can also say:  khwishakh iwin gawoo  (ive locked u in)

:)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 03:02:23 PM by shekwanta »

Offline xnicksomox

« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2011, 05:17:52 PM »
Ok for mjalde we would say mkabeera or m'eeman like "min eeman".

Eman gweray? Ay m'eeman eelay gweereh.

(when did they get married? for a long time they have been married.)

Khwishakh for us would be "ghleeqakh" or "qfeelakh" (qfeela or locked is in Arabic i think)

B'noshakh for us we would say "tigyanakh"

gawoowin splits up to eewin b' gaweh...."gawewin" which translates to "i am inside"

Khnana comes from "7aneenutha" which is Mercy in Classical and Modern Sureth (i dont think it comes from Arabic I think they took it from us)

Napasee we borrow from Arabic but you guys "Assyrianized" it by switching the "F" to a "P" we still leave the "F" on and say "nafasee" as my breath.

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2011, 07:48:10 PM »
Ok for mjalde we would say mkabeera or m'eeman like "min eeman".

Eman gweray? Ay m'eeman eelay gweereh.

(when did they get married? for a long time they have been married.)

Khwishakh for us would be "ghleeqakh" or "qfeelakh" (qfeela or locked is in Arabic i think)

B'noshakh for us we would say "tigyanakh"

gawoowin splits up to eewin b' gaweh...."gawewin" which translates to "i am inside"

Khnana comes from "7aneenutha" which is Mercy in Classical and Modern Sureth (i dont think it comes from Arabic I think they took it from us)

Napasee we borrow from Arabic but you guys "Assyrianized" it by switching the "F" to a "P" we still leave the "F" on and say "nafasee" as my breath.
yup! we use m'eeman too!!!  :D   (we also use mjalde!) but...its up tp the sentence! sometimes m'eeman  sometimes mjalde

and sometimes there are questions like this
*_  gweere ina (are they married)  ?
*_  he   (yes)
*_  m'eeman?    (for how long) ? --------->  the answer:    mjalde (for a long time)

so:      question (m'eeman)-----> answer (mjalde!)

bnoshakh we use (at home)----->L khoodakh, b khoodakh, kha Lkhoodakh....

hmm..well i dont know who borrowed it but i do know that the word khnana is (haneen) in arabic!

LOL..we ASSYRIANIZED it!!!!!!!!!  :shades:
hehe btw. we also say nafasee at home! (for "easiness") ;)

Offline petervocals

• Assyrian Aid
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2011, 10:56:53 PM »
Gaggi's song is really good, the poet (napoleon shimon) is very talented.
Please read the announcement

Offline GreenTea

• God made me GAY! <3
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2011, 07:14:29 PM »
I like this

Offline mishtutho

« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2011, 01:42:31 AM »
gaggi is trying but he is not profesional yet

Offline xnicksomox

« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2011, 03:33:24 AM »
Yeah I like "En  Yooma Teeleh" by Gaggi.

Guys I just found a song from one of Juliana Jendo's old album that is Sharqi and Assyrian. Its a very good song named Habeewee.

Offline xnicksomox

« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2011, 01:13:33 PM »
Did anyone listen to it yet? This is basically what I'm talking about. A sharqi song in Sureth by Juliana Jendo (of course) lol she's the best!

Juliana Jendo - Habeewee

Idk where you can find it (to tell u the truth i downloaded it for free somewhere).

Offline parzona

« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2011, 01:17:05 PM »
Juliana the grandma is she still singing?

Offline xnicksomox

« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2011, 01:21:15 PM »
lmaooo she is.

But this song is from like the 1980's or 90's.

You don't like her? She's the best especially her songs in the Chaldean dialect.

Offline Cascade

• Many waters cannot quench love.
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2017, 10:20:24 AM »
Assyrian music will never evolve. They still have the same melody.

Even western/English-language music have varying melodies.
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2017, 12:25:35 AM »
Assyrian music will never evolve. They still have the same melody.

Even western/English-language music have varying melodies.

It won't evolve if we keep moving from one place to another. We need stable areas to focus on making our music.

Chat with Assyrians + Listen to Assyrian Music: SAME TIME

Started by ASHOORBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 2
Views: 756
Last post February 24, 2011, 10:19:15 PM
by ASHOOR
Your most fave Assyrian song(s) of all time.....?

Started by JohnSydneyBoard Classic Threads

Replies: 57
Views: 18958
Last post January 18, 2006, 06:18:53 PM
by Nobody
Assyrian Voice now has a Music Store!

Replies: 0
Views: 612
Last post December 26, 2005, 01:26:18 PM
by ASHOOR
It is Amazing how Time Flies! Assyrian Memories....

Replies: 4
Views: 689
Last post July 28, 2009, 12:00:46 PM
by AssyrianBookTa
i love assyrian music

Started by steelcity_guy19Board Music & Arts

Replies: 17
Views: 2711
Last post November 09, 2005, 07:37:14 PM
by DetroitKing