Our World & Special Interest > News & Current Events

As Kurds contemplate independence, sample currency has Assyrian writing

(1/8) > >>

ASHOOR:
As Kurds are holding a referendum soon on independence from Iraq, Just read the article below about how their design for a future currency has Assyrian writing on it.

Since I and the majority of Assyrians are against this upcoming referendum on indedpedence, I wouldnt want any Assyrian on any Kurdish currency. I know they are trying to get us on their side by throwing these goodies our way. No thanks...

http://www.rudaw.net/mobile/english/kurdistan/220620173

mrzurnaci:
it won't happen until Turkey gets drunk one night.

Cascade:
What's the problem? At least they are recognizing us, no?

I hope Kurdistan becomes a country. I really don't mind it, tbh. Why? Because I don't really care.

Not to mention, Iraq is already corrupted and has gone down the tdrain. And, above all, many of us have moved out (and still are doing so). So what worse can happen here? Kurdistan being independent certainly doesn't so bad here, especially when we have ISIS and the Syrian Civil War.

mrzurnaci:

--- Quote from: Cascade on June 23, 2017, 12:36:00 AM ---What's the problem? At least they are recognizing us, no?

I hope Kurdistan becomes a country. I really don't mind it, tbh. Why? Because I don't really care.

Not to mention, Iraq is already corrupted and has gone down the tdrain. And, above all, many of us have moved out (and still are doing so). So what worse can happen here? Kurdistan being independent certainly doesn't so bad here, especially when we have ISIS and the Syrian Civil War.

--- End quote ---

Because it won't actually happen unless Turkey and/or Iran allows it.

Turkey is scared that the PKK will use an independent Kurdistan as a base of operations AND will use independent Kurdish government for funding to launch attacks in Turkey. However, I wouldn't mind this considering Turkey is delving back into Islamism.

Cascade:

--- Quote from: mrzurnaci on June 23, 2017, 06:14:59 PM ---Because it won't actually happen unless Turkey and/or Iran allows it.

--- End quote ---
They can always just take northern Iraq. Practically it is theirs nowadays.

They don't necessarily need southeastern Turkey and northwestern Iran.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version

Assyrian Voice