Poll

Have the Kurds and Assyrians ALWAYS lived in Peace?

Yes, OF COURSE (who cares about Semele, Mar Shimun, etc)
0 (0%)
No, that would be a blatant lie
19 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: January 26, 2006, 06:45:15 PM

Author Topic: Kurds and Assyrians have ALWAYS lived in Peace.........?????  (Read 8862 times)

Offline Senator_Danavi

• Exposing Treason, Oppresion & Defamation
Kurds and Assyrians have ALWAYS lived in Peace.........?????
« on: January 26, 2006, 06:45:15 PM »
just asking

Offline Carlo

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 07:12:07 PM »
...Ahahahahaha...yeah, and Grizzly Adams didn't have a beard.

Offline chaldean

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 09:59:06 PM »
Is this a joke?  :blink:
I Love Assyria

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 09:59:06 PM »

Offline Senator_Danavi

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 04:15:54 PM »
why was there a post deleted on this thread???  (it wasn't mine, though, but still  :argue: )

Offline BraTeiL

• Mid-Level Member
  • Benjamin!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 07:13:56 PM »
My parents & other Assyrians lived in a small village in peace with kurds in Turkey....
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.

Offline Senator_Danavi

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 03:24:24 AM »
Brateil,

I am very proud of that.  There has been numerous accounts of kindness and shlama exchanged between all people.  

Let us also not forget, how some Germans have also helped and provided sanctuary, at the risk of their lives, to the Jews during WWII. But we cannot state that Jews and Germans have always lived in peace, for that would be a lie, an insult to history, and all those victims that perished put in vain.

The same with our Nation, Brateil, although there have been accounts of kindness and shlama between the Kurds and Assyrian Chaldean Syriac peoples, but we cannot forget some of the atrocities the Kurdish directed and afflicted on our people. For still we are haunted by the stories and memories of those who have survived and witnessed them.

God Bless

Offline BraTeiL

• Mid-Level Member
  • Benjamin!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 06:39:12 PM »
My raised in Syria between the Assyrians and Arabs....she always tell ther was peace between both ....how much they were christian and the other muslim...that was not a problem...

When she moved to turkey to live with my father she lived between the Assyrians and Kurd and again there was peace and respect...however they didn't eat eachother food etc....A kurdish lady saved my mothers life once...lol

I was asking my mother , how could you live in peace with muslim after their killing our people....my mum was telling that her forefathers also killed muslim.... beside of the genocide ofcourse there were no problems....

I don't know....I will ask her again soon
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.

Offline Senator_Danavi

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 09:45:08 PM »
Quote from: BraTeiL
My raised in Syria between the Assyrians and Arabs....she always tell ther was peace between both ....how much they were christian and the other muslim...that was not a problem...

When she moved to turkey to live with my father she lived between the Assyrians and Kurd and again there was peace and respect...however they didn't eat eachother food etc....A kurdish lady saved my mothers life once...lol

I was asking my mother , how could you live in peace with muslim after their killing our people....my mum was telling that her forefathers also killed muslim.... beside of the genocide ofcourse there were no problems....

I don't know....I will ask her again soon

Brateil,

I think we are both on the same page.  The desire to live in peace continues, but let us not forget the current and past on how both communities have not lived in peace.

Regardless if we killed them or they killed us, this just proves our two communities has had a bloodstained past and it still trickles on till today.

So a statement that the Kurds and Assyrians have always lived in peace, thus is incorrect and a fabrication.

Offline Senator_Danavi

Re: Kurds and Assyrians have ALWAYS lived in Peace.........?????
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 06:44:11 PM »
I think this topic is one that is very relevant to the current process.  It is also the first time a Patriarch has labled his people as Assyrians of Kurdistan.  Why attack Mar Bawai for allegedly attempting to unite with Christian Rome, when a Patriarch in official correspondence has denied and belittled the Kurdish aggressions against our brothers and sisters and has branded Assyria as Kurdistan.

Lack of accountability?  Corruption? or just Temporary Memory Loss?

God Bless!!!

Offline Renee

• Summer lovin', had me a blast
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 10:30:13 PM »
So a statement that the Kurds and Assyrians have always lived in peace, thus is incorrect and a fabrication.

Agreed.

Senator, would you also agree, that factually speaking, the term Chaldean, as reference to the present day Chaldeans is an incorrect and fabricated term for a nationality/ethnicity? Rather, more correctly, is a term relating to a religious denomination?

Controversial?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 10:54:16 PM by Renee »

Offline aka_Atour

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 01:59:59 AM »
hmm.. Great Question... The way i look at it is a term representing a religious denomination...
but you could have pmed him... lets keep the subject matter intact.. Since all these threads are being closed...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 02:01:50 AM by aka_Atour »

Offline Renee

• Summer lovin', had me a blast
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006, 03:32:13 AM »
aka_Atour,

The reason I asked this question in the thread was because I was going to relate his answer to this thread...just waiting for his answer...

thanks for yours  :)

Offline Phiruel

• moi
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006, 08:03:47 AM »
I think this topic is one that is very relevant to the current process.  It is also the first time a Patriarch has labled his people as Assyrians of Kurdistan.  Why attack Mar Bawai for allegedly attempting to unite with Christian Rome, when a Patriarch in official correspondence has denied and belittled the Kurdish aggressions against our brothers and sisters and has branded Assyria as Kurdistan.

God Bless!!!

Sorry for asking but which patriarch said this??? the patriarch of the ACOE??? and when??

thank you
... Assyria is where I am from ...

Offline baklawa

• Golden Member
  • No puppets allowed
    • Assyrian Aid Society of America
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006, 11:39:17 AM »
Hi eanna,
Mar Dinkha, Patriarch of the ACOE, in a letter to Masoud Barazani last summer -- just before the banishment of Mar Bawai and around the time the Kurds promised to build the patriarch's headquarters in Arbil. 
"January 2010, the nail in the coffin, the day Zowaa will die." Hilarious prediction posted by "chaldean."
March 2010: Zowaa wins 3 out of 5 seats in the Iraqi Parliament!

Offline aka_Atour

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006, 03:32:26 PM »

God Bless!!!

Sorry for asking but which patriarch said this??? the patriarch of the ACOE??? and when??

thank you

This letter...
http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=12248.0

Offline aka_Atour

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2006, 01:30:53 AM »
This is bs... I can't believe that document was taken off, but the clowns of assyrian thing holds water... **** is going on here????? There was no reason for that thread to be deleted!

Offline aka_Atour

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2006, 01:35:47 AM »
Mar Dinkha to Masoud Barazani.

Peace, joy and Apostolic Blessings receive: Amen

His Excellency President Masoud Barzani
Democratic Party of Kurdistan
And President-elect of Kurdistan

Throughout the course of human and recorded history the Ancient Assyrian peoples, and the Kurds have lived together in peace and harmony. We have always been grateful to our worshipful Lord and God that we have been enabled to live together in peace, harmony and good-will toward each other, fulfilling the directives of our Lord to live together in love with our neighbors as we love ourselves. According to an ancient idiom, the phrase in this order stating, “it is good to have a good neighbor near-by, than to have a brother so far away!”

Through this long period of living together, the Assyrians and the Kurds, shared together all the variant circumstances in good times of joy, and in difficult moments of oppression and persecution. Many times in the past, there have been periods of innocent blood of the young, men and women. Their innocent blood was mingled together; thus the precious blood of the innocent has irrigated the soil of that blessed land, producing the beautiful flowers of freedom, springing forth which the people of both national groups, the Assyrians and the Kurds of Kurdistan now enjoy.

President Masoud, the history of your esteemed forefathers had demonstrated throughout their administrative skills, were very gracious and most kind to our Ancient Assyrian peoples. Your own father, of late blessed memory, The Venerable Mustafa Barzani, was a close friend of our religious-leaders, deferring kindness and respect to/for them. He had bestowed honors upon them, thus enduring himself to our people. (By way of example, a village in the region of Barzan, named, Bed-Yal, which had no clergy for many, many years, yet under the watchful care and supervision of the gracious Barzani Family, were able to keep and maintain their faith, religious and ethnic identity.) We are fully confident that you, too, Mr President, will follow in the great footsteps of your blessed forefathers, utilizing the same unique gifts. We are encouraging our people to remain in that blessed land for the gracious kindness shown to us, observing their faith and ethnic traditions; and to continue in the steadfast rebuilding of the free and democratic society that has now come upon you all, in Kurdistan particularly and in Iraq in general. The Holy Church is very grateful for all the gracious and generous gifts bestowed upon our Assyrian people, such as granting places of worship, assembly halls, Episcopal necessities, etc., in order to fulfill the ministry before us given by our worshipful Lord.

The election of your most esteemed person, Mr President, by the general populace, gives witness to your endearment to the hearts of a great peoples of that part of the world. They have appreciated the long years of struggle and sacrifice, which you and your forefathers have offered for sake of establishing of the Free Society; The Federal Kurdistan!

Congratulations are in order to you Mr President-elect Masoud Barzani, we beseech our worshipful Lord and God for His steadfast blessings. May peace abide in unity; always: Amen

+K Mardinkha
Khanania Mardinkha IV
By Grace
Catholicos Patriarch
The Assyrian Church of the East

Written in our Patriarchal Cell
Morton Grove, Illinois, U.S.A.
This 15th day June 2005

Offline David

• Special Member
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2006, 01:41:30 AM »
This is bs... I can't believe that document was taken off, but the clowns of assyrian thing holds water... **** is going on here????? There was no reason for that thread to be deleted!

It was locked because of the personal attacks amongst members on the boards, not because of the content you posted. The Clowns of Assyria thread has already been locked.
"It is dreadful when something weighs on your mind, not to have a soul to unburden yourself to. You know what I mean. I tell my piano the things I used to tell you." -Frediric Chopin

www.assyrianaid.org | www.aancoalition.org

Offline asdf

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2006, 01:45:31 PM »
Hey Senator,

What's up with your boy Sheeba Mando communicating with the Kurds? Have you seen the last letter you ducks! Let me guess, he wants to be a Kurd????

You should keep trying to keep your mouths shut.

Offline Senator_Danavi

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2006, 02:31:27 PM »
ASDF,

I am pissed if he denied the genocide too, like Mar Dinkha IV!  Did he or not? Were there also any lies and any efforts to dilute the AssyrianChaldeanSyriac community as one being part of a "Kurdish" one?

Also, did he write it to the President of Iraq (for all those who inhabit Iraq) or to the President of the Kurdistan Regional Government?

If there is any truth in your post, its branding one of the hardest and humblest Chicago Assyrian leader as "[my] boy Sheeba Mando."

Thanks.

God Bless!!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 02:33:57 PM by Senator_Danavi »

Offline GodismyJudge

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2006, 02:41:48 PM »
My parents & other Assyrians lived in a small village in peace with kurds in Turkey....

Not quite true. Maybe your parents but i heard other stories. Of course there were good Kurds. My parents knew the good guys but there were also a lot bad Kurds. Most of them were bad. They ruined the  harvest and they forced some of our women to get married with them. According to my dad the Turks were worse than the Kurds. But he said in the end you couldn't trust both of them. The Kurds were only after their belongins. And the Kurds hate us as much as they hate the Turks.

So i don't believe there was really a piece between Assyrians and Kurds.
I am an Assyrian today, tomorrow, forever, and I am proud of it.

Offline thirstyninos

• Special Member
  • brazil is the best
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2006, 02:59:13 PM »

Not quite true. Maybe your parents but i heard other stories. Of course there were good Kurds. My parents knew the good guys but there were also a lot bad Kurds. Most of them were bad. They ruined the harvest and they forced some of our women to get married with them. According to my dad the Turks were worse than the Kurds. But he said in the end you couldn't trust both of them. The Kurds were only after their belongins. And the Kurds hate us as much as they hate the Turks.

So i don't believe there was really a piece between Assyrians and Kurds.

i agree with you 100% bro.

Offline RadRides

• Special Member
  • bar-b-que-nin king
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2006, 03:20:35 PM »
It just seems history is gearing up to repeat itself.  Betrayal is a motivation to these people.  I hope they don't repeat what Simkoo did almost 100 years earlier. 

Offline Claridy

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2006, 05:27:46 PM »
Wasn't there a reason why Saddam killed the kurds back in the late 80's?  I can't seem to remember why, I had heard it once before.  Maybe someone here knows. 

Just looking at the Assyrians history with the Kurds, it hasn't been good.  The Assyrians always seemed to have the Kurds at our throats.  I don't trust them. 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 09:59:48 PM by Claridy »
"Apologetics only leads the "horse" to the water. Only the Holy Spirit can make him drink."

"Judgement Day is not going to be so much God chasing down errant sinners and throwing them into hell, but rather God simply giving men what they have already chosen beforehand - either an eternity of the darkness they spent their lives hiding in or an eternity of the Light they spent their lives seeking out. -unknown"

Offline Ankido

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2006, 09:25:29 PM »
Clara,

I believe it was retribution for a failed assasination attempt on his life. 
To him who is afflicted, kindness should be shown by his friend, even though he forsakes the fear of the Almighty.  Job 6:14

Offline Senator_Danavi

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2006, 01:36:27 AM »
History dectitates who loves who and when.....

In this day and age, the Kurds have a Far serious enemy to deal with ( The arabs and the fight over Kirkuk), than worry about the christian population there....

That lead to the Close relations between kurds and assyrians in recent years.... After the fall of Saddam, the kurds have offered full protection to assyrian villages and full freedom to come and go as they please.....

in Return, they got our VOTES in the election, and our backing......Today they are happy to be our friends, but come Tomorrow, they can turn against u..... its always been like this....

I dont appreciate Mar Dinkha using the word Kurdistan and addressing their leader only, When in fact he should have realised this is IRAQ he is dealing with, a direct letter to Jalal Talabani would have been more appropreiate.....

Senalko,

EXACTLY!!  You have not only proved to be an inspiration to all of us in searching and establishing a closer relationship with Our Lord, but also sharp and logical insight on our political spectrum as well.

A letter to the KDP (Kurdistan Democratic Party) and a letter to the Iraqi President (Jalal Talabani) are two complete different messages.  One is addressed to a party that represents just Kurds and is dedicated to establishing a Kurdistan on occupied Assyrian territory, while the latter is one that is meant for the President of Iraq whose entity governs a possible AssyrianChaldeanSyriac province for self-determination as well as the executive power over all of Iraq's ethnicities and denominations.

Two clearly different messages and veiled intentions.

Any support we get from a different ethnic party is only short-lived and for hidden agendas.  We surely should not and cannot even afford to ally ourselves with a party dedicated to the KURDISH people, and not to the people of the AssyrianChaldeanSyriac Nation.

How many times do we need to remind ourselves of Semele?  How many times do we need to remind ourselves with the outcome of allying with the British?  Enough is enough, we shall only unity with OURSELVES.

Khaya Zowaa, Khaya Omtan AssyrianChaldeanSyriac!

God Bless!!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 01:40:34 AM by Senator_Danavi »

Offline ISay

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2006, 11:43:52 AM »
On a side note:  I have heard that some Kurds have been converting to Christianity in our church.  Any credibility to this?  Opinions?

Offline Senator_Danavi

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2006, 06:37:58 PM »
Senalko,

With all due respect, your logic is quite problematic as it is alleging that Mar Dinkha has no agenda, but then you assert that he has to.....

Here is where i think comes the role of Mar Dinkha.... although a little bit too late, He must have realised that Unless he does something to retain his poltical powers and support of the people back home, he had to take it very personal and try to open an Alliance with Mas3ood.....

Is that not a hidden agenda?? A leader who always claims that clergy and the churches are to stay away from politics and leave it to those who have dedicated themselves to such a mission, then secretly (which is so frustrating) meet and lobby kurdish leaders on a political front.  Is that not a hidden and deceptive agenda for a man who is representing the Seat of Peter and the commands of Our Lord, to lie and be involved in our Nation's politiking--sidelining the elected Zowaa's bargaining political capital and constituents?

Also, why do people lie?  Do they not lie in order to promote a hidden agenda?  Look at politics for example, which our Patriarch is currently involving himself within, politicians lie in order to gain unfair advantages to their opponents.  They lie as a method to involve themselves in negotiations with other leaders, they lie to be in favor with someone (i.e. "Filankis" occasionally lies about what he/she does as to be in good light with his/her parents).

Our Patriarch lied, knowingly, when he said this:

Throughout the course of human and recorded history, the Ancient Assyrian peoples and the Kurds have lived together in peace and harmony.

Not only is this a flat-out lie, but its also the very first line in the disgraceful letter this Rep. of Peter's Throne sent to Massoud, a Kurdish Chieftan and head of the KDP.  It was not a letter to the Iraqi President, but the president of an ethnic party.

Who are our Patriarch's opponents that he must wedge himself, lead the State instead, and send poetic lies to a Kurdish chieftan, how come such letters are not written to Zowaa, another ethnic party in Iraq?  Why has he not written to Barzani and stated that Zowaa is the Assyrian elected party and to deal with them?  Why is he dividing our State's affairs on two fronts.  One led by Zowaa, and the other led by ACOE & AUA?

Why did the Patriarch repeatedly assure his people that his organization and himself would stay out of politics, but then secretly be lying and playing favorites with, not the head of Iraq, but the head of the Kurdish party occupying our lands in their illegal land grabs.

There should be a supportn and definite collaboration between the church and state affairs, but not a conflict.  For if there is a conflict of ideals and loyalties, the the church must stay out of the elected political reprentation and state's affairs.  I emphasize state affairs and not nation, for Nation includes Church, politics, etc.

Food for thought.

God Bless!!

« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 06:48:50 PM by Senator_Danavi »

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2006, 08:41:38 PM »
I find it insulting when people say Kurds and Assyrians have always lived in peace.

My grandfather was a sheriff figure in our village in Iran, he was well respected among Turds Kurds and Assyrians in our village basically he use to keep the peace.  God bless his soul. I have a story for you all that my mother told me.

Many years ago before I was born my grandfather and his son went into partnership with a friend (Kurd) to buy land and start farming. It was done by a simple handshake no paper work. My grandfather and his son put there blood and sweet in turning the land into a farm. The Kurds use to come to our house eat and drink at the same table, my grandmother treated them like her own sons even washed their cloths.

Then things turned for the worst the Islamic revolution began, there was chaos. It was said by the government that Christians do not have the rights to own any land.

One morning my grandfather and his son got on the tractor and made there way to the farm for work, they were stopped by Kurdish soldiers and asked what was going on, basically the same Kurds that came to our house took the land back off my family with force. As my grandfather didn’t have any proof of ownership his own Kurdish brothers stole the land off him. He was heartbroken, and asked his friends why they were doing this. They didn’t even look him in the eye.

Many years later maybe 15 or 20, my family were on the way to church for one of my cousins christening. Suddenly they were stopped by a man asking them to join them for lunch
My uncle asked “who are you?” Man replied an “old friend”. It was the same man that took the farm.
My grandfather told my uncle to keep driving and if he stays there then run him over the man didn’t move he pleaded to my family to stop and forgive him for what he had done he held a knife to his throat and said “if you do no get our of the car I will kill my self” my grandfather and the rest of the family got out and had lunch with his old friends. The man apologised to my family and said it was not there fault they were influenced by the government and the revolution. It was an emotional day where everyone had tears in there eyes.

When my grandfather died around 4 years ago his funeral was huge Turks and Kurds attended his funeral. I wonder if those same Kurds were there.

Point of my story is that when there are Assyrian leaders are out there saying that Kurds and Assyrians have “ALWAYS” lived in peace burns me to my core.

So the answer is NO Assyrians have not always lived in peace with Kurds for a maturity of time they have but when something goes wrong or there are external influences Kurds can be very cunning.

Thanks
Driv3r
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 08:45:31 PM by Driv3r »
"The World has no glory without the Assyrians"

Offline Claridy

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2006, 10:47:22 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about that story.  It is really sad.  This is why I said I don't trust them.  It's all business with the Kurds.  Assyrians are usually the pure hearted ones, they think everyone is like them.  They think with their hearts most of the time.
"Apologetics only leads the "horse" to the water. Only the Holy Spirit can make him drink."

"Judgement Day is not going to be so much God chasing down errant sinners and throwing them into hell, but rather God simply giving men what they have already chosen beforehand - either an eternity of the darkness they spent their lives hiding in or an eternity of the Light they spent their lives seeking out. -unknown"

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2006, 10:57:17 PM »

Sure is but a lesson to all of us i guess,

Assyrians are usually the pure hearted ones, they think everyone is like them.  They think with their hearts most of the time.

And thats the reason why we dont have a country.

Offline ISay

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2006, 11:53:59 PM »
Assyrians are usually the pure hearted ones, they think everyone is like them. They think with their hearts most of the time.

I agree Claridy.

Offline Blockness

• The Flickering Light of Asia
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2006, 04:19:29 PM »
We can NEVER trust the Turks, Kurds or Persians, not even 90 years ago they where trying to exterminate us.

Here are a few paragraphs from the great book The Flickering Light of Asia

It soon became apparent that the Tabriz government was not only without knowledge as to the secret activities of the Moslems in Urmia, but it had also a hand in the agitation that led to the Mohammedan uprising against the Christians. The deposed Shah, Mohammed Ali, before his succession to the throne and his subsequent dethronement and exile, as the crown prince, and future King of Persia, had for a bribe of three thousand Toomans ($2,700) given his consent to the Kurdish tribes of Kurdistan to attack his own Christian subjects of Targavar, plunder their homes, and carry away their flocks and cattle, and which, of course, they did. The existing crown prince, now residing in Tabriz, was none other than the brother of the deposed monarch, a fanatical Moslem, and a hater of the Christians. The plan for the assassination of Agha Petros, which was to be followed by a wholesale massacre of the Assyrians in Urmia, having failed so disastrously to the Moslems, superior authorities now concocted the diabolical scheme and formed a more treacherous conspiracy to kill the Patriarch and the Commander-in-Chief of the Assyrian forces; and then to mobilize larger forces in order to carry out the previous program for the extermination of the Christians. They were clever enough to play upon the virtues of their victim. They remembered how earnestly he had pleaded with them, and how sincerely he had manifested his strong desire for peace and friendly relations, with both the Persian authorities, and with the Moslem subjects of Persia. Now was their opportunity to lay the new trap and commit the most dastardly crime in the entire history of Persia. Indeed, similar deeds of cowardice had already been committed by the Persian authorities of Azarbaijan, but they were committed against the lawless brigands of Persia, whom they had been unable to check or arrest, save under the pretence of becoming their hosts and decorating them with medals of gold and titles of honor.

But here was a man, as harmless as a dove, as brave as a lion, immeasurably more efficient than all the combined forces of Persia, to protect the integrity of the Persian soil, and to save the Persian subjects forever from the freebooting expeditions o their neighboring Kurds; and one who had absolutely no designs on Persia or its government, although he could compel submission from both its dilapidated army, and from its uncivilized people, if he so desired. Here was a great man, a noble man, of whose virtues they were going to take advantage and whom they were going to murder in cold blood!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 06:42:34 PM by Blockness »

Offline MikesBike

• Turnabout Is Fair Play!
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2006, 07:42:14 PM »
ACOE will be releasing the original document in the original document that will show Mar Dinkha did not say we have ALWAYS lived in peace.  Don't worry, he didn't make a blatant lie, he didn't ignore all those people that died (even though he's participated in Martyr's day events every year... apparently that doesn't matter).  So hopefully this thread and all it's lies will be stifled.

One last thing, let's not make blanket comments about not trusting and entire race of people, whomever that may be.  Yes, a lot of people have committed a lot of atrocious things, but comments like that are borderline racist.
Mike, the bike messenger

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2006, 09:35:49 PM »
lets hope so Mike

and whats ACOE?

Peace between assyrians and kurds.

Started by assyria12Board News & Current Events

Replies: 118
Views: 10278
Last post July 04, 2010, 09:04:53 PM
by mrzurnaci
Kurds claim indigeneity, kick assyrians out and claim oil as "theirs"

Started by GGBWBoard News & Current Events