Author Topic: If we had a country, would you consider foreign citizens "Assyrian"?  (Read 6757 times)

Offline Cascade

• Many waters cannot quench love.
If you're a citizen in countries like Sweden, Germany, England, etc, even if you're of foreign descent you will still be deemed a "Swede", "German", etc. Now if Assyria was a country with people all over the world (or at least the surrounds, like Armenians, Iranians, Turks) living there as citizens, would you call them "Assyrians"?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 01:21:11 AM by Neon »

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Offline Assyrian Nationalist

• hurr durr
Re: Re: When would we have more Problems: More Assyrians or More Christians?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 03:27:13 AM »
One race.

The Assyrian race.

We wouldn't be having to fight and we would get on to more serious things.

Offline Joe25

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
Re: If we had a country, would you consider foreign citizens "Assyrian"?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 03:50:24 PM »
I would say yes. Most countries' native people are the same race as their nationality too, and immigrants no matter how assimilated will never be considered at quite the same level as the natives. Our goverments would have to be very strict in integration laws, the others would have to learn our language and follow the laws, if not deport them(the liberals here might disagree but if you disagree, then good luck trying to keep control over Islamic pest like Kurds multiplying like rabbits in your country while refusing to learn your language and rules)

Also Israel has fans here, I believe they have laws when it comes to migrating or marriage where they actually look at your dna to determine your jewishness. I believe a hypothetical Assyria would need some sort of racial segregation laws too. Our ancestors have kept us seperate from others for centuries which dna studies show, imo we should preserve our race that way too(again, leftist extremists love race-mixing so they would disagree with me on this too).

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 03:50:24 PM »

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 04:46:20 PM »
I would say yes. Most countries' native people are the same race as their nationality too, and immigrants no matter how assimilated will never be considered at quite the same level as the natives. Our goverments would have to be very strict in integration laws, the others would have to learn our language and follow the laws, if not deport them(the liberals here might disagree but if you disagree, then good luck trying to keep control over Islamic pest like Kurds multiplying like rabbits in your country while refusing to learn your language and rules)

Also Israel has fans here, I believe they have laws when it comes to migrating or marriage where they actually look at your dna to determine your jewishness. I believe a hypothetical Assyria would need some sort of racial segregation laws too. Our ancestors have kept us seperate from others for centuries which dna studies show, imo we should preserve our race that way too(again, leftist extremists love race-mixing so they would disagree with me on this too).

That's kind of a bad idea. Having racial segregation laws would cause more problems than having assimilation laws.

What we should do is entice foreigners to become citizens.

Also, we need to give Assyria a different name or else it'll too confusing for us.

Why not name it to Country of Mesopotamia? or Country of Ashur?

We can call ethnic Assyrians as ashuraye and non-Assyrians as ashurnaye

Offline shekwanta

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 05:06:20 PM »
Question: ''If we had a country, would you consider foreign citizens "Assyrian"? ''

Answer (in my opinion, of course): NO.

Offline Googoo

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 05:09:25 PM »
That's kind of a bad idea. Having racial segregation laws would cause more problems than having assimilation laws.

Also, we need to give Assyria a different name or else it'll too confusing for us.

Good idea. Yeah, its going to be diffcult because Assyria, Kurdistan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey all have one "ethnic" group/name in them so it's sort of hard to say, Asian Assyrian or Asian Kurd unlike Asian British.

Offline Joe25

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 05:16:31 PM »

Worked fine for Israel though. And I don't like to say this but a hypothetical Assyria would need to be a dictatorship, simply because of the amount of muslims that would live there too. Any 'problems' they'd cause, which would be many, would have to be taken care of with an iron fist. Otherwise the country would never last long.

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 06:43:10 PM »
Worked fine for Israel though. And I don't like to say this but a hypothetical Assyria would need to be a dictatorship, simply because of the amount of muslims that would live there too. Any 'problems' they'd cause, which would be many, would have to be taken care of with an iron fist. Otherwise the country would never last long.

The only reason I see to have a dictatorship would be to keep native Assyrians from doing stupid decisions.

Plus, a dictatorship won't ensure control without a powerful army... You can have a good dictatorship but that's nothing without an army to back up their threats and enforce their rule.

Assyrians don't need a dictatorship but we can't have a multi-party system either unless it's full of younger generation Assyrians.

Plus, will Muslims actually go and live in Assyria? If they'll be a problem, our powerful military can always take care of them.

Because a good way to create a country is with a powerful military that's loyal to a state and not to a party.

Good example is the IDF of Israel; The IDF was formed as a combination of multiple paramilitary self-defense organizations and not parties.

Problem is that the predecessor of the IDF, the Haganah, split into groups and those groups had to be forcefully brought under control by the newly created IDF.

the splinter groups were called Irgun and Lehi.

Offline Joe25

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 07:29:15 PM »
The only reason I see to have a dictatorship would be to keep native Assyrians from doing stupid decisions.

Plus, a dictatorship won't ensure control without a powerful army... You can have a good dictatorship but that's nothing without an army to back up their threats and enforce their rule.

Assyrians don't need a dictatorship but we can't have a multi-party system either unless it's full of younger generation Assyrians.

Plus, will Muslims actually go and live in Assyria? If they'll be a problem, our powerful military can always take care of them.

Because a good way to create a country is with a powerful military that's loyal to a state and not to a party.

Good example is the IDF of Israel; The IDF was formed as a combination of multiple paramilitary self-defense organizations and not parties.

Problem is that the predecessor of the IDF, the Haganah, split into groups and those groups had to be forcefully brought under control by the newly created IDF.

the splinter groups were called Irgun and Lehi.

Well I'm trying to think realistically about this hypothetical country. Assyrians are spread out all over Mesopotamia(and beyond) so I'm assuming we'd get a piece of land somewhere in there, the bigger it is the more muslims are included. We could have a mass migration campaign towards a new Assyria like the Jews did with Israel so that we could eventually become the majority.

But what about the existing mohammedans and their rabbit-like birth rates in there? Are we gonna kick them out? It would be like Israel-Palestine all over again and we don't have the international influence and the backings of a superpower like the Jews to get it done. I would accept to be a colony of Israel if it meant getting their protection, but us getting a stable country in our lands goes against the corrupt interest of Israel and the Jewish states of America so we can forget that too.

I guess my main point here is how to deal with the hateful mohammedans. The maronites of Lebanon resisted them for many decades but slowly and surely the arabization and islamization grew. It's just not plausible without a bloody religious war I don't think.

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 07:47:30 PM »
Well I'm trying to think realistically about this hypothetical country. Assyrians are spread out all over Mesopotamia(and beyond) so I'm assuming we'd get a piece of land somewhere in there, the bigger it is the more muslims are included. We could have a mass migration campaign towards a new Assyria like the Jews did with Israel so that we could eventually become the majority.

But what about the existing mohammedans and their rabbit-like birth rates in there? Are we gonna kick them out? It would be like Israel-Palestine all over again and we don't have the international influence and the backings of a superpower like the Jews to get it done. I would accept to be a colony of Israel if it meant getting their protection, but us getting a stable country in our lands goes against the corrupt interest of Israel and the Jewish states of America so we can forget that too.

I guess my main point here is how to deal with the hateful mohammedans. The maronites of Lebanon resisted them for many decades but slowly and surely the arabization and islamization grew. It's just not plausible without a bloody religious war I don't think.

well thing is though, we need cooperation with alot of younger assyrians. Luckily that is occurring already.

To kick out the mohammedans, we need to give them an incentive to leave.

all we have to do is restrict them in a non-threatening way and, if they don't like it, we can tell them to leave and have our government supply them with airport tickets and passports.

The Jews got international protection because they waited till they had international support to create Israel.

Their philosophy was to do everything by the law and by the book. Plus, I'm pretty sure there's at least ONE international power that can aid us. There's plenty of them.

For one, we can always have Assyrians in Europe lobby for our cause as well as with Russia.

Many Jews of Europe are now leaving for Israel while Assyrians and Muslims are replacing them.

Considering how Europe and the USA are becoming Atheists at a rapid pace compared to Assyrians, we are effectively the new Jews of the world.

• hurr durr
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 08:22:42 PM »
we are effectively the new Jews of the world.

:grindance:

Offline Cascade

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 07:35:37 PM »
Question: ''If we had a country, would you consider foreign citizens "Assyrian"? ''

Answer (in my opinion, of course): NO.
Why though? Lol
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

• hurr durr
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 12:49:54 AM »

Offline Cascade

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2016, 12:51:02 AM »
y tho???
Is that an actual person called Y Tho?

• hurr durr
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 02:39:26 AM »
Is that an actual person called Y Tho?

lol no

Offline ins001

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2016, 01:49:37 AM »
I would accept to be a colony of Israel if it meant getting their protection...
you mean to be an ally with Israel?
I think that's fulfilling a Bible prophecy btw

Offline ins001

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2016, 01:58:40 AM »
No, foreign citizens (whom would be very limited) would not be considered "Assyrian".
Our immigration policy would closely resemble Japan's.

• hurr durr
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2016, 02:02:49 AM »

Explain more please.

Offline Cascade

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2016, 10:29:29 PM »
No, foreign citizens (whom would be very limited) would not be considered "Assyrian".

I wouldn't mind that. It seems politically correct (more inappropriate though) to consider foreign citizens part of the native ethnicity. Swedes will always be ethnic Swedes, same thing with Germans, Danes, Dutch, French and Norwegians. If you're a foreigner there you just can't be part of that ethnicity, IMO.

Canada, USA & AUS are exempt though. They were built by many different ethnic groups in the past, and their natives don't "own" the land anymore.

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2016, 03:33:52 PM »
you mean to be an ally with Israel?
I think that's fulfilling a Bible prophecy btw

being an ally of Israel will come with a price though...

by allying with Israel, we'll likely get alot more support for the West as Israel might lobby for us.

but that comes at the cost of all the anti-Israel/anti-Jewish mobs frothing at the mouths against us...

The cost is even bigger considering we live in, virtually, an Ocean of anti-Jews.

Hell, the only people around us that aren't anti-Jewish are the Kurds but that's because Israel is helping them, and the only reason Israel is helping them is because they want a buffer state to help protect them from Iran...

Which explains why the KDP is very anti-Iranian compared to most Kurds.

Offline ins001

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2016, 04:49:38 PM »
Explain more please.
This article closely illustrates just how bad their demographic situation is http://thediplomat.com/2015/09/japans-immigration-reluctance/

But for a quick explanation, consider this, that Japan's current population is 127.3 million people yet there are only ~2 million foreigners living in the country.   

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2016, 05:07:17 PM »
This article closely illustrates just how bad their demographic situation is http://thediplomat.com/2015/09/japans-immigration-reluctance/

But for a quick explanation, consider this, that Japan's current population is 127.3 million people yet there are only ~2 million foreigners living in the country.   

127.3 million on a big island is a little too much though.

I've always advocated that our "perfect" population size would be from 10-15m and no more than that.

There's already wayyy too many people in the world (because Sunni Muslims want to take over the world with birthrates)

Offline Bronit Omta

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2016, 06:44:15 PM »
Make it so Syriac must be taught to everyone and everyone must learn about Assyrian history as well. Once that happens, a lot will assimilate.

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2016, 08:30:25 PM »
Make it so Syriac must be taught to everyone and everyone must learn about Assyrian history as well. Once that happens, a lot will assimilate.

Not just Syriac, we should also have optional foreign language classes so we can have an army of translators ready to help modernize the language as well.

Offline Bronit Omta

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2016, 11:50:54 PM »
Not just Syriac, we should also have optional foreign language classes so we can have an army of translators ready to help modernize the language as well.

How so? By foreign languages what do you mean?

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2016, 11:21:22 AM »
How so? By foreign languages what do you mean?

English, Arabic, Farsi, Russian, Hindi, Kurdish, Greek, French, Spanish, etc.

The reason is that, what made us a very educated and smart people during the early medieval ages was because we translated the hell out of everything to Syriac.

Either a direct translation or creating new words for such a thing instead of relying on foreign words and Syriacizing them.

The only old words that we have that have been Syriacized is L-G-Q which is used to mean "logic" as "logeeqa"

other than that, all the logic-related terms have been in native Syriac such as Shqala "conclusion", 'elayta "premise", alecta "modal logic". The c is sadhe btw.

REMEMBER THOUGH, the language classes are entirely optional.

We should never force the foreign language classes on students like how the USA forces students in high school or college to take a foreign language course.

The only option for me was to take Spanish and I absolutely hated it...

When I argued that I don't want to take Spanish, people called me a racist and close-minded until I told them that I already spoke a second language.

Offline ins001

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2016, 06:26:39 PM »
The only option for me was to take Spanish and I absolutely hated it...

When I argued that I don't want to take Spanish, people called me a racist and close-minded until I told them that I already spoke a second language.
Lol what's wrong with being trilingual? It's healthier for your brain.
In Canada we're expected to learn French in order to graduate High School, however, more than half of our students would not be graduating
if that were the case. Students with learning disabilities are exempt from that rule, they can choose another course to obtain the missing credit, ie. social science or psychology, much easier than learning another language.

Offline ins001

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2016, 06:29:37 PM »
being an ally of Israel will come with a price though...

by allying with Israel, we'll likely get alot more support for the West as Israel might lobby for us.

but that comes at the cost of all the anti-Israel/anti-Jewish mobs frothing at the mouths against us...

The cost is even bigger considering we live in, virtually, an Ocean of anti-Jews.
That is so true, even the liberal-minded arabs that don't hate us would start to hate us

Offline Googoo

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2016, 10:13:08 PM »
That is so true, even the liberal-minded arabs that don't hate us would start to hate us

There are more Arab Zionists than Assyrian Zionists FYI :) Try going to Egypt or Kuwait or even Jordan (TALK TO THE ACTUAL JORDANIANS not the pal-Jordanians) and you will find a bunch of them, their number is actually increasing in Iraq as well due to Palestinians hating Shias and having the largest Non-Iraqi suicide bombers in Iraq.

Offline ins001

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2016, 02:28:08 AM »
There are more Arab Zionists than Assyrian Zionists FYI :)
  :loool:
Very Funny! LOL does it even make sense for an arab (muslim) to be a Zionist?

• hurr durr
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2016, 02:31:26 AM »
Yes I would consider them Assyrian, you can be considered Assyrian in Assyria only if you follow the rules and be a good abiding citizen.

Offline Googoo

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2016, 03:59:34 AM »
  :loool:
Very Funny! LOL does it even make sense for an arab (muslim) to be a Zionist?

Egyptians, Jordanians and Kuwaitis were harmed by their fellow Palestinians. In the case of Egypt, Hamas, Israel and Sinai (Egypt) continuously clash. Egypt keeps closing its borders due to clashes between two populations: pals and Egyptians because pals say that Egypt doesn't help them enough when Israel is involved in that whole Sinai mess. In the case of Jordan, Jordan gives Palestinians the citizenship because they only have "a Refugee document" to travel around the world (there isn't a Palestinian passport) and there are about 4 mil Palestinians whereas there are 2 mil Jordanians, so Jordanians dislike that they're outnumbered, not to mention, black September where Palestinians in Jordan fought against the Jordanians. In the case of Kuwait, it was one of the first countries to let Palestinians in during the nakba of 1948, in fact, PLO (the organization under which west bank is governed) was FORMED and FUNDED by Kuwait initially and then during the first gulf war the Palestinians sided with Saddam. Tell me, how do you expect them to love and support Palestinians then? People would always generalize and stereotype, and they will not just go like "Ok (some) Palestinians harmed us but that doesn't mean Palestinians in Palestine deserve it" - that's human nature! I'm talking about the people not the governments, heck even, the religious leaders in Kuwait would say it's Okay to be on the Israeli side blala because bablabla every once in a while and other arabs would go like "Wth, why are you saying this?" etc etc. To them, they have every right to hate on Palestinians because they brought "war" to their country not just a bomb, I know it sounds reckless to undermine a bomb but a bomb would be from time to time and kills maximum 1000 people but a war is ongoing and kills thousands and thousands so, I think if they bombed the respective countries then the people would not have hated the Palestinians that much or, they would dislike them yet not support Zionism.

P.S: Arabs do live in Israel (Muslims, druze etc) and a lot ,if not, most support Israel. Druze and the Bedouins are well known to have served in the IDF while other arabs who aren't Bedouins but, just muslims are the ones who would probably aren't Zionists.

Offline ins001

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2016, 02:54:32 AM »
Egyptians, Jordanians and Kuwaitis were harmed by their fellow Palestinians. In the case of Egypt, Hamas, Israel and Sinai (Egypt) continuously clash. Egypt keeps closing its borders due to clashes between two populations: pals and Egyptians because pals say that Egypt doesn't help them enough when Israel is involved in that whole Sinai mess. In the case of Jordan, Jordan gives Palestinians the citizenship because they only have "a Refugee document" to travel around the world (there isn't a Palestinian passport) and there are about 4 mil Palestinians whereas there are 2 mil Jordanians, so Jordanians dislike that they're outnumbered, not to mention, black September where Palestinians in Jordan fought against the Jordanians. In the case of Kuwait, it was one of the first countries to let Palestinians in during the nakba of 1948, in fact, PLO (the organization under which west bank is governed) was FORMED and FUNDED by Kuwait initially and then during the first gulf war the Palestinians sided with Saddam. Tell me, how do you expect them to love and support Palestinians then? People would always generalize and stereotype, and they will not just go like "Ok (some) Palestinians harmed us but that doesn't mean Palestinians in Palestine deserve it" - that's human nature! I'm talking about the people not the governments, heck even, the religious leaders in Kuwait would say it's Okay to be on the Israeli side blala because bablabla every once in a while and other arabs would go like "Wth, why are you saying this?" etc etc. To them, they have every right to hate on Palestinians because they brought "war" to their country not just a bomb, I know it sounds reckless to undermine a bomb but a bomb would be from time to time and kills maximum 1000 people but a war is ongoing and kills thousands and thousands so, I think if they bombed the respective countries then the people would not have hated the Palestinians that much or, they would dislike them yet not support Zionism.
:blink:
P.S: Arabs do live in Israel (Muslims, druze etc) and a lot ,if not, most support Israel. Druze and the Bedouins are well known to have served in the IDF while other arabs who aren't Bedouins but, just muslims are the ones who would probably aren't Zionists.
Yes arabs do live in Israel, however, I strongly disagree that "most" or even "a lot" support Israel.
Druze are hard working people and many of them do join the IDF, many of them live in Israel, they speak arabic but they are not muslim.

Offline Googoo

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2016, 03:12:15 AM »
:blink: Yes arabs do live in Israel, however, I strongly disagree that "most" or even "a lot" support Israel.
Druze are hard working people and many of them do join the IDF, many of them live in Israel, they speak arabic but they are not muslim.

I know what's a Druze. It originated from Islam and my Syrian great grandma's mother was Drziya from Suweida. Yes, arabs i.e. Druze (religious sect) and muslims (Bedouins to be specific though druze are Badiya too) do support Israel - they serve in the IDF. It's the muslims who aren't Bedouins (city people) in Israel that don't support Zionism.

Offline Cascade

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2016, 03:14:34 AM »
"Druze" sounds cringeworthy and icky to me. Reminds me of the words "booze" and "drool".....Lol

who named Froggy? the collapse of an Assyrian "empire"

Started by sydneydudeBoard Culture & History

Replies: 40
Views: 11404
Last post March 16, 2006, 05:24:45 PM
by Salem
ASSYRIAN "SOULJA BOY"!!! HAHA SUPERMAN DAT HO*!! VIDEO

Started by KhIgGaAaAaAaBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 24
Views: 2339
Last post September 12, 2007, 02:18:20 AM
by misssmarleyy