Author Topic: More Tips for Making Fruits and Vegetables Part of Your Weight Management Plan  (Read 677 times)

Offline Rana

Eat fruits and vegetables the way nature provided—or with fat-free or low-fat cooking techniques.
Try steaming your vegetables, using low-calorie or low-fat dressings, and using herbs and spices to add flavor. Some cooking techniques, such as breading
and frying, or using high-fat dressings or sauces will greatly increase the calories and fat in the dish. And eat your fruit raw to enjoy its natural sweetness.

Canned or frozen fruits and vegetables are good options when fresh produce is not available.
However, be careful to choose those without added sugar, syrup, cream sauces, or other ingredients that will add calories.

Choose whole fruit over fruit drinks and juices. Fruit juices have lost fiber from the fruit.
It is better to eat the whole fruit because it contains the added fiber that helps you feel full. One 6-ounce serving of orange juice has 85 calories, compared to just 65 calories in a medium orange.

Whole fruit gives you a bigger size snack than the same fruit dried—for the same number of calories.
A small box of raisins (1/4 cup) is about 100 calories. For the same number of calories, you can eat 1 cup of grapes.

Look for the key,

Raise the falling people,

And don’t walk before you know the distance

O Assyrians, have mercy on Assyrians …

Wherever I am...my heart is with my homeland..Iraq

Assyrian Voice Forum

How to Use Fruits and Vegetables to Help Manage Your Weight

Started by RanaBoard Health and Lifestyle

Replies: 0
Views: 918
Last post August 23, 2011, 08:13:30 PM
by Rana
Humans and Neanderthals Mated, Making You Part Caveman

Started by mrzurnaciBoard Serious Topics and Discussions

Replies: 6
Views: 1080
Last post December 11, 2010, 09:42:53 PM
by GreenTea
Fruits and Vegetables

Started by ASHOORBoard Health and Lifestyle

Replies: 3
Views: 1293
Last post July 08, 2011, 12:10:06 PM
by ~..Parkhaneeta..~
Here are some simple ways to cut calories and eat fruits and vegetables througho

Started by RanaBoard Health and Lifestyle

Replies: 0
Views: 719
Last post August 23, 2011, 08:15:48 PM
by Rana
Anger Management..

Started by asHBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 2
Views: 479
Last post February 28, 2006, 06:49:12 PM
by carro