Poll

Which of the 4 Assyrian homeland states do you think is best for Assyrians to live in?

Iraq
18 (64.3%)
Iran
2 (7.1%)
Syria
6 (21.4%)
Turkey
2 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Best Homeland State  (Read 3100 times)

Offline Malik Danno

Best Homeland State
« on: May 29, 2009, 01:44:05 PM »
Please post the ups and the many many downs of each state. Thank-you

Offline Malik Danno

Re: Best Homeland State
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 01:58:00 PM »
Well, for Iraq ... things aren't/haven't been so good, but we see them getting better with Maliki's government, however there is still the large population under the KRG, and things are still not so stable

Syria, well we are still under Ba'th rule and last time I checked we are not recognized as a peoples. We have the largest amount of religious freedom, and we are well concentrated in the Khabour region. Dont know much more about Syrian Assyrians

In Turkey I would think that religious freedom is not so prominent, due to their secular tendencies (Mor Gabriel Monastery) ... The tentions between Kurds and Turks have not subsided, and we saw what that can result in for our people in the 70s. There is also the Genocide thing. However there has been some good reforms by the Turkish government towards the Assyrians, they are encouraging many to return to Mardin/Tur Abdin etc. and many have to rebuild their homeland. Seems like Turkey will keep these reforms going if it wants to get in the EU.

Iran, The Islamic Republic. I think that name automatically turns people off and makes many think it is oppressive towards Christians. But I must say that in Iran, at least we are a recognized nation, we have the most political freedoms there and participate in our own affairs (to a certain extent). But we can't forget it still is an Islamic Republic, and even though things have changes alot from 1979, There still is a second class thing going on.

With that ... I would initially be inclined to vote Iran ... but I don't know much more... so please inform the rest of us If you know more detail about Assyrian conditions.

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 06:38:34 PM »
Everything is shi_t as long as it´s not officially ours again.
The Rights of Assyrians -UN Declaration
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDtB12aA8I

The existence of the Assyrian Nation & Nationality is a fact
http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=36862.0

̈I´m not interested in helping our ppl because I´m nationalistic, I´m interested because our ppl NEED help!

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 06:38:34 PM »

Offline Knight

• Ultimate Member
  • Knight & JooJee
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 07:16:01 PM »
Great topic mate!

Personally, the ideal location would be "Bet Nahrin", which is mainly Iraq in Today's geography, though some of it lies in Turkey and Syria. I agree, forget Iran.

Political agendas, religious influence and personal greed makes these regions hell, but if i had to choose, i would say Northern Iraq.
"The moral and religious system which Jesus Christ transmitted to us is the best the world has ever seen, or can see." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline Nemrud

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 07:45:12 AM »
We can have two countries in the future, it's Lebanon or the nineveh plains in northern iraq. In lebanon there is the Aramean Democratic Organization and in north iraq there are many assyrians.  If I had to live in one of the countries then I would live in lebanon because if we live in iraq then we would have black hairs, black eyes, light brown skin and we wouldn't have yellow hairs or blue/green eyes. We would look like iraqis because the geography and the climate and so on...  and because we would probably in time make childrens with iraqi women

(And yes I suck at english)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 10:34:51 AM by Nemrud »

Offline Forever Assyrian

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 11:27:32 AM »
We can have two countries in the future, it's Lebanon or the nineveh plains in northern iraq. In lebanon there is the Aramean Democratic Organization and in north iraq there are many assyrians.  If I had to live in one of the countries then I would live in lebanon because if we live in iraq then we would have black hairs, black eyes, light brown skin and we wouldn't have yellow hairs or blue/green eyes. We would look like iraqis because the geography and the climate and so on...  and because we would probably in time make childrens with iraqi women

And yes, your name is absolutely not Nemrud! I agree about the Nineveh plains, the rest is just bullsh*t!
Imith dithe, o qadishto

Offline Nemrud

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 03:59:47 PM »
But there are many muslims in northern iraq,who knows what will happen there.. lebanon are more beautiful than northern iraq and lebanon sea are more beautiful than northern iraq rivers, lebanon are also more richer than northern iraq
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 04:01:47 PM by Nemrud »

Offline Knight

• Ultimate Member
  • Knight & JooJee
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 05:51:11 PM »
But there are many muslims in northern iraq,who knows what will happen there.. lebanon are more beautiful than northern iraq and lebanon sea are more beautiful than northern iraq rivers, lebanon are also more richer than northern iraq

Unless our need for oil is diminished, Northern Iraq will be richer than Lebanon for a long time.
"The moral and religious system which Jesus Christ transmitted to us is the best the world has ever seen, or can see." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 06:15:33 PM »

I would rather live under a shia Islam republic as a Assyrian then live under the leadership or have my political voice represented by the erameans.
this poll need a "all the above” option Tur Abin (turkey), Urmia (Iran), Khabur (Syria) beth nahrain (Iraq) these are all part of Assyria each special in its own right.
"The World has no glory without the Assyrians"

Offline GGBW

• Special Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 06:24:22 PM »
Costa Rica.  It's beautiful and has pretty birds.

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 08:25:23 PM »
I would rather live under a shia Islam republic as a Assyrian then live under the leadership or have my political voice represented by the erameans.
this poll need a "all the above” option Tur Abin (turkey), Urmia (Iran), Khabur (Syria) beth nahrain (Iraq) these are all part of Assyria each special in its own right.

Not only Iraq is in Beth Nahrin. And not all the parts of Iraq are Beth Nahrin.

Sorry, but I dont like it always to read from eastern Assyrians that only Iraq is Beth Nahrin or Assyria.
Tur Abdin is also a part of Beth Nahrin/Assyria.

̈I´m not interested in helping our ppl because I´m nationalistic, I´m interested because our ppl NEED help!

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 08:54:17 PM »

i hear ya brother :)

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 09:42:32 PM »

Yes, but I mentioned that Tur Abdin is also Beth Nahrin. I read very often from eastern Assyrians who associate only Iraq with Beth Nahrin. And it looks like you did it too in your sentence.

Offline Carlo

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 11:17:39 PM »

Sorry, but I dont like it always to read from eastern Assyrians that only Iraq is Beth Nahrin or Assyria.

Well said.

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 12:24:09 AM »
Yes, but I mentioned that Tur Abdin is also Beth Nahrin. I read very often from eastern Assyrians who associate only Iraq with Beth Nahrin. And it looks like you did it too in your sentence.

yeah sorry khon i didnt mean it that way you can see i also said these are all part of Assyria
i just didnt know what to say for iraq who cares about southern Assyria ;) east and west is where its at :P
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 12:24:41 AM by Assyrianism »

Offline davidb

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 02:44:50 AM »

What chance do we have of getting anything in Iraq, let alone Turkey..

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 08:21:03 AM »
What chance do we have of getting anything in Iraq, let alone Turkey..

not sure whether I understand your question right. But if we have a self-administration in North-Iraq than we can work to bonding other neighboring parts of Beth Nahrin on this self-administration area, e.g. Tur Abdin (which is in todays Turkey)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 08:22:20 AM by John_86 »

Offline davidb

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 08:38:13 AM »
not sure whether I understand your question right. But if we have a self-administration in North-Iraq than we can work to bonding other neighboring parts of Beth Nahrin on this self-administration area, e.g. Tur Abdin (which is in todays Turkey)

What i'm trying to say is we have even less chance of getting something in Turkey then we have in Iraq, that's why we don't even consider Turkey.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 08:39:12 AM by davidb »

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 11:46:08 AM »

What i'm trying to say is we have even less chance of getting something in Turkey then we have in Iraq, that's why we don't even consider Turkey.

Thats a reason to consider North-Iraq for a self-administration but thats no reason to degrade Tur Abdin from Bethnahrin.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 11:50:40 AM by John_86 »

Offline Nemrud

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 02:47:44 PM »
Assyrianism: I would rather live under a shia Islam republic as a Assyrian then live under the leadership or have my political voice represented by the erameans.

Aren't arameans and assyrians the same people? If they are then why don't you want to be represented by arameans (syriacs)? whats the different?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 02:53:39 PM by Nemrud »

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 03:40:33 PM »

Aren't arameans and assyrians the same people? If they are then why don't you want to be represented by arameans (syriacs)? whats the different?

There is no difference. Arameans and Assyrians are the same people. In the past there were several tribes of Mesopotamia. One of them were the Arameans. They lived about 1000 years together with the Assyrians with the same culture, religion, etc and they assimilate with each other.
And before and after the assimilation Assyrians and Arameans were the same people regarding the todays definition of a folk/people/nation.
There are still people of our nation who identify themselves as Syriacs but most of them accept all the names of our people and consider us as one nation.
There are just a few hardcore-Syriacs who make some trouble but they don´t have many people behind themselves.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 03:43:37 PM by John_86 »

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 11:14:14 PM »

answers to all your questions in one thread.

http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=29462.0

Offline AssyrianKing19

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 06:53:08 AM »
I voted Turkey well because that is where modern Assyrians originate. Your all going to say **** but just think about it. Before the killings Assyrians number near a million in the Hakkari region of Turkey. After the massacres the Brits resettle us in Iraq and after more killings by the F-in Iraqis some of us got refuge in Syria and Lebanon. So really Hakkari region of Turkey and parts of North Iraq are our really homeland. Right under what should be Armenia and East of what should be Greece.

Offline davidb

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 07:32:19 AM »
I voted Turkey well because that is where modern Assyrians originate. Your all going to say **** but just think about it. Before the killings Assyrians number near a million in the Hakkari region of Turkey. After the massacres the Brits resettle us in Iraq and after more killings by the F-in Iraqis some of us got refuge in Syria and Lebanon. So really Hakkari region of Turkey and parts of North Iraq are our really homeland. Right under what should be Armenia and East of what should be Greece.

If we originate from Hakkari then we're probably not Assyrian.

Our oldest monastaries are in Nineveh, which is enough proof to say we all originate from there.

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2009, 11:23:01 AM »
It should be a combination of all 4, as the old Assyrian empire was, and we do have people in all 4 places.

-Best case scenario is in Syria, where they have the most freedoms (I think?)

-Best hope is in Northern Iraq of course.

ASHOOR
-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 11:58:37 AM »
Syria makes a hidden policy against the Assyrians (Baath Party).

Hey, we have the right of whole Mesopotamia.
I think we should think more about the question, where our self-government could start in the fastest and most effective way.

Offline Nemrud

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 04:31:47 PM »
I have two questions:

1. Why does syriacs say that they are arameans

2. When will we have a country

Offline davidb

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2009, 06:09:28 PM »
I have two questions:

1.Not all Syriacs say they are Arameans, but the ones that do say it is because in the bible it says Genesis 10:22), “Aram had the Arameans, which the Greeks called Syrians.” And also because we speak Aramaic.

2. who knows

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2009, 06:12:09 PM »
I have two questions:

Did you read that thread?

Offline Nemrud

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2009, 08:20:01 AM »
ye I have read the thread

Offline Alen Sin

• King NaRamSin
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2009, 10:07:54 AM »

My God, what's with some people who think Ashurians from Iraq are all Dark haired, Dark Eyed, and Dark Skinned while "Lebanese are White and Green Eyed"?
Buddy, FYI, Lebanon is closer to the equator than Northern Iraq is, so if anything, there are more White Ashurians in the North of Iraq then in Lebanon because it gets very cold in the winters of Ninweh, Arbil, Dohuk, Karkuk, Hakkari and so on.

The "Darker Iraqis' you're thinking about are the ones who live in Baghdad and south of that, but even many Ashurians from Baghdad are light Skinned, like my father's side of the family, all from Baghdad, all white.  Let's not pretend there's no Dark Lebanese people either.  I live in Chicago, and seen both types.

This was not the topic, but I just wanted to clear things up for you.  Going to Lebanon won't make us Blondes and Blue eyes, if we have those features already, it's because of our ancestors, not because they turned green eyed over night.

I think Syria is the safest place for Ashurians, from what I hear from my Ashurian friends who are from there.  Iraq is obviously bad for us.  Our numbers went from 1.3 million in 2003 to less than 500,000 there today, so you guys do the math.  The bastards want us out of Iraq and no one is helping us fight back, so from what I know, Syria seems the best choice for us today.  Even Turkey is giving us a hard time now, as if they never did!  Iran is like a ticking time bomb, so obviously that would be a mistake.  Just ask Rosie Maleck Yonan how safe Iran is for us.

Syria seems to be more tolerant to us and there just might be hope for us to build ourselves there, then maybe go back to the Heart of Assyria in huge numbers and with a military force?!

Personally, I would love to live in Ninweh, Ashur, Arbel or any of our ancient northern Ashurian Capital cities, but we have the Kurds to deal with.

B'Sheina
Alen Barsin

Offline Rumtaya

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2009, 02:26:18 PM »

My God, what's with some people who think Ashurians from Iraq are all Dark haired, Dark Eyed, and Dark Skinned while "Lebanese are White and Green Eyed"?
Buddy, FYI, Lebanon is closer to the equator than Northern Iraq is, so if anything, there are more White Ashurians in the North of Iraq then in Lebanon because it gets very cold in the winters of Ninweh, Arbil, Dohuk, Karkuk, Hakkari and so on.

The "Darker Iraqis' you're thinking about are the ones who live in Baghdad and south of that, but even many Ashurians from Baghdad are light Skinned, like my father's side of the family, all from Baghdad, all white.  Let's not pretend there's no Dark Lebanese people either.  I live in Chicago, and seen both types.

This was not the topic, but I just wanted to clear things up for you.  Going to Lebanon won't make us Blondes and Blue eyes, if we have those features already, it's because of our ancestors, not because they turned green eyed over night.

I think Syria is the safest place for Ashurians, from what I hear from my Ashurian friends who are from there.  Iraq is obviously bad for us.  Our numbers went from 1.3 million in 2003 to less than 500,000 there today, so you guys do the math.  The bastards want us out of Iraq and no one is helping us fight back, so from what I know, Syria seems the best choice for us today.  Even Turkey is giving us a hard time now, as if they never did!  Iran is like a ticking time bomb, so obviously that would be a mistake.  Just ask Rosie Maleck Yonan how safe Iran is for us.

Syria seems to be more tolerant to us and there just might be hope for us to build ourselves there, then maybe go back to the Heart of Assyria in huge numbers and with a military force?!

Personally, I would love to live in Ninweh, Ashur, Arbel or any of our ancient northern Ashurian Capital cities, but we have the Kurds to deal with.

B'Sheina

Syria is better then the others, because its ruled by a non aggresiv "muslim" minority, the alawits.

Assyrians do alot there and the goverment most cases keeps quit, but only if you dont interver into its politics.
I think if Assyrians would invest more in the hassake province you could do a good area out of it, unfortunataly you have there also some well.....you know who.... :D

Offline Alen Sin

• King NaRamSin
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2009, 08:03:23 PM »

Syria is better then the others, because its ruled by a non aggresiv "muslim" minority, the alawits.

Assyrians do alot there and the goverment most cases keeps quit, but only if you dont interver into its politics.
I think if Assyrians would invest more in the hassake province you could do a good area out of it, unfortunataly you have there also some well.....you know who.... :D

This is what I think, and yes I know about the "You Know Whos" over there :P  Interestingly though, i've recently read the Syrian Socialist Nationalist Party's Doctrine that was created by A Famous Syrian, Mr. Sadeh.  He wrote it decades ago, and he claims that:  "The Syrian People are the Descendants of the same people who established the worlds 1st empire:  The Assyrians, Chaldeans, Amorites, Arameans and Hitites."

I was shocked when I read this, and it's refreshing to know that many Syrians, Muslim or Christian, know this truth about who they really are, and they Deny any Arab or Hebrew blood!

Very interesting!
Alen Barsin

Offline Nemrud

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2017, 10:28:16 AM »

(And yes I suck at english) qutoe by Nemrud

WOW! I was very racist by that time and more aramean than assyrian, just to make it clear , l am not like that anymore, l have white skin and look eastern assyrian , and the truth is that l am more attractive to middle easterners than scandinavians or europeans. I am also fully Assyrian now, you could almost call me assyrian patriot, but the truth is that l dont like our warlike ancient assyrians ancestors, they were brutal and disgusting.

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2017, 12:50:35 PM »
WOW! I was very racist by that time and more aramean than assyrian, just to make it clear , l am not like that anymore, l have white skin and look eastern assyrian , and the truth is that l am more attractive to middle easterners than scandinavians or europeans. I am also fully Assyrian now, you could almost call me assyrian patriot, but the truth is that l dont like our warlike ancient assyrians ancestors, they were brutal and disgusting.

ancient Assyrians were brutal? Compared to who? Everybody was brutal back then aHun. Back then it was primitive and life was as simple as live or die.

How's The Weather in your country or state or province

Started by QURDAYABoard Chit Chat

Replies: 35
Views: 2242
Last post March 14, 2017, 10:07:08 AM
by atourina
u of m vs ohio state

Started by lilshushuBoard Sports

Replies: 0
Views: 708
Last post November 18, 2005, 10:38:13 PM
by lilshushu
State Fair Joke!

Started by .CaNdLe.Board Jokes and Games

Replies: 3
Views: 995
Last post January 09, 2006, 03:34:36 PM
by atourina
Maybe a new business in the homeland.....

Started by Senator_DanaviBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 7
Views: 534
Last post January 20, 2006, 07:17:34 PM
by Phenomenon
Attention!! Important Homeland Security Press Confrence!

Started by BLUEICEBoard Jokes and Games

Replies: 4
Views: 679
Last post February 10, 2006, 09:42:29 AM
by MalekthaA2RETA