Author Topic: Assyrian Muslim flag  (Read 19755 times)

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
Assyrian Muslim flag
« on: May 13, 2010, 08:57:04 PM »
I was searching up Assyrian flags on the internet and I found this flag under "Assyrian Muslims" and in the caption it says "the Assyrian nation is a nation of Christian Syriac speaking people, however 1% have converted to Islam." So, if we add Assyrians, Maronites, and Arameans, we get 8 million, 1% of 8 million is 80,000, and this is the flag that they designed, it's very strange and seems Kurdish influenced if you ask me, hence the Yellow, Green, and Red combination.

Offline davidb

Re: Assyrian Muslim flag
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 11:42:20 PM »
More like about 15,000-20,000. Wikipedia doesn't know that you count Maronites as Assyrians.

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 07:43:44 AM »
More like about 15,000-20,000. Wikipedia doesn't know that you count Maronites as Assyrians.
that's strange, I thought they were going to add them as Assyrians, I mean, I just had a discussion about it, but then again, I told them we should add whoever thinks they are Syriac or Assyrian.

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 07:43:44 AM »

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 08:16:43 AM »
that's strange, I thought they were going to add them as Assyrians, I mean, I just had a discussion about it, but then again, I told them we should add whoever thinks they are Syriac or Assyrian.

Me and a friend are going to re-write the whole Assyrian article with academical sources and the Maronites will partly be included. In the next two months you shall see our work which I believe most of you will like :)
“Their enemies had realized their national potential long before the Assyrians themselves. The enemy was not afraid of good farmers, good parents, good church-going parishioners...the enemy was afraid of Assyrians wrapped in nationhood.”

-Mount Semele, Ivan Kakovitch

Offline davidb

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 08:51:33 AM »
You people trying to claim Maronites as Assyrians only further proves the point of the Chaldean/Syriacs that we try to Assyrianize everything.

Maronites are not Assyrians. Yes the Maronite Church is a Syriac Church, yes they once upon a time spoke Syriac, that doesn't make them Assyrian. By this judgment, you can claim Arab Iraqis as Assyrians as well, maybe even Syrian Arabs.

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 09:06:43 AM »
There was already a topic about Muslim Assyrians. But I can not find it. Can someone of You find it?
The Rights of Assyrians -UN Declaration
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDtB12aA8I

The existence of the Assyrian Nation & Nationality is a fact
http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=36862.0

̈I´m not interested in helping our ppl because I´m nationalistic, I´m interested because our ppl NEED help!

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 10:35:27 AM »
You people trying to claim Maronites as Assyrians only further proves the point of the Chaldean/Syriacs that we try to Assyrianize everything.

Maronites are not Assyrians. Yes the Maronite Church is a Syriac Church, yes they once upon a time spoke Syriac, that doesn't make them Assyrian. By this judgment, you can claim Arab Iraqis as Assyrians as well, maybe even Syrian Arabs.

The goal of the Assyrian nation is to unite all Assyrians. We do not claim Melkites as Assyrians, do you wonder why that is? The Melkites do not have a direct connection to our nation and do not even consider Assyrian Aramaic as their original language, the Maronites on the other hand consider Assyrian Aramaic to be their original language and are doing everything in their power to develope relations to other Assyrian sects. They even tried to have Syriac as a official language back in the days but the Arabs resisted.

Many Maronites as Chamille Chamoun (president) and Khalil Gibran have even claimed an Assyrian ancestry of the Maronites. I myself know a bunch, including about 4 in Lebanon who longs for an Assyrian nation to be established in Lebanon which will unite our different sects.
“Their enemies had realized their national potential long before the Assyrians themselves. The enemy was not afraid of good farmers, good parents, good church-going parishioners...the enemy was afraid of Assyrians wrapped in nationhood.”

Offline Ninveh

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 06:18:53 AM »
This is the flag of Turkey with the yellow bit added to it, I guess they want to push their kurds out to iraq, and they gave them this flag so then they can claim that iraq belongs to turkey since turkey has always had their eyes on northern iraq.

Offline assyria12

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 07:05:23 AM »
This is the flag of Turkey with the yellow bit added to it, I guess they want to push their kurds out to iraq, and they gave them this flag so then they can claim that iraq belongs to turkey since turkey has always had their eyes on northern iraq.

huh..? they gave who this flag?

Offline jonadona

• Golden Member
  • The town is back that way!
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 11:41:36 AM »
Just to make sure people do understand the reason for picking colors for a flag:

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/geography/flags/colors/green.shtml

turbulence is a fluid regime characterized by chaotic, stochastic property changes.

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 08:10:17 PM »
Me and a friend are going to re-write the whole Assyrian article with academical sources and the Maronites will partly be included. In the next two months you shall see our work which I believe most of you will like :)
l
This is big mistake you and your friends are doing! first of all you guys are not any scholor=reseracher and this will maybe affect some of our umta to believe that they belong to Assyrians but when they find out and when they meet maroinites they will find out that we have liars researcher and next time our nation wont have any face on our history or resercher...be carefull with what you are doing...

you tell me that they are Assyrians, but they dont considering themselves as Assyrians and they dont even speack Assyrian or Syriac,syriani...so you guys are waisting your time. try do something sensiable like helping our umta in Nineveh Plain..

Offline Micho

• kutle
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 01:48:04 PM »
This flag was created by Mhallmoye I think, western Assyrians who converted to Islam a long time ago. They are nowadays probably mixed out with Kurds and Arabs I heard.

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 02:19:34 PM »
l
This is big mistake you and your friends are doing! first of all you guys are not any scholor=reseracher and this will maybe affect some of our umta to believe that they belong to Assyrians but when they find out and when they meet maroinites they will find out that we have liars researcher and next time our nation wont have any face on our history or resercher...be carefull with what you are doing...

you tell me that they are Assyrians, but they dont considering themselves as Assyrians and they dont even speack Assyrian or Syriac,syriani...so you guys are waisting your time. try do something sensiable like helping our umta in Nineveh Plain..

If you did not care to read, I said that the article would be written with support from scholar sources.

And many Maronites do see themselves as Assyrians and originally they are Assyrians which their Patriarch issued with this meeting with the ACOE patriarch. I myself know a bunch of them who are true Assyrians. But we will not focus too much on them, most important thing now is autonomy.

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 02:29:12 PM »
If you did not care to read, I said that the article would be written with support from scholar sources.

And many Maronites do see themselves as Assyrians and originally they are Assyrians which their Patriarch issued with this meeting with the ACOE patriarch. I myself know a bunch of them who are true Assyrians. But we will not focus too much on them, most important thing now is autonomy.

From what Scholar sources? dont you think you are exaggarating, everyone can find some scholar sources and try to make something of it, like what qurdaye are doing in Iraq.  A few persons of Maroinites seeing them as Assyrians doesnt mean they are Assyrians, and beleive me you will never success with these project..

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 04:27:41 PM »
From what Scholar sources? dont you think you are exaggarating, everyone can find some scholar sources and try to make something of it, like what qurdaye are doing in Iraq.  A few persons of Maroinites seeing them as Assyrians doesnt mean they are Assyrians, and beleive me you will never success with these project..

First when we get rid of people like you we will succeed. And that time shall come.

Scholar sources are not allowed to be used how ever you want on Wiki, there are certain rules when writing an article. Maronites are just as Assyrian as you and I am. It is just that they have been arabized too much, many of whom are though slowly returning back to their roots.

Offline assyria12

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2010, 02:06:24 PM »
First when we get rid of people like you we will succeed. And that time shall come.

Scholar sources are not allowed to be used how ever you want on Wiki, there are certain rules when writing an article. Maronites are just as Assyrian as you and I am. It is just that they have been arabized too much, many of whom are though slowly returning back to their roots.

Huani you claim alot of people are assyrian, including ezidis....

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2010, 03:22:04 PM »
Huani you claim alot of people are assyrian, including ezidis....

I only claim Assyrian ancestry of those who are Assyrians. Yezidis are seen as a distinct ethnic group, however claims of Yezidis by both Kurdish and Assyrian nationalists are obvious, and they are in culture more Assyrian Mesopotamian than Kurdish Indo-Iranian.
The Assyrian Origin of the Izedis or Yezidis-the So-Called "Devil Worshippers", by W. Francis Ainsworth  © 1861

The Assyrian people is made up by different sects, I do not count Yezidis as one of those sects, however they could be seen as one of our sects.

Offline assyria12

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2010, 04:27:39 PM »
I only claim Assyrian ancestry of those who are Assyrians. Yezidis are seen as a distinct ethnic group, however claims of Yezidis by both Kurdish and Assyrian nationalists are obvious, and they are in culture more Assyrian Mesopotamian than Kurdish Indo-Iranian.
The Assyrian Origin of the Izedis or Yezidis-the So-Called "Devil Worshippers", by W. Francis Ainsworth  © 1861

The Assyrian people is made up by different sects, I do not count Yezidis as one of those sects, however they could be seen as one of our sects.

Listen to yourself man, yezidi is a close religion to the anceint persian one also close the indians, indo-aryans to be presice.. also don't forget all kurds were yezidis before islam, based on your logic all kurds are assyrian? listen to yourslef man

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2010, 05:33:26 PM »
Listen to yourself man, yezidi is a close religion to the anceint persian one also close the indians, indo-aryans to be presice.. also don't forget all kurds were yezidis before islam, based on your logic all kurds are assyrian? listen to yourslef man

That you are stating that all Kurds were Yezidis before Islam is a claim you will need to backup as there is no such belief established.

All Kurds are Assyrians? When did I say that? Get your facts right before you talk.

Yezidis are closer to Assyrians in culture than Kurds and this is a fact, read that book if you disagree.

Offline assyria12

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2010, 05:52:33 PM »
That you are stating that all Kurds were Yezidis before Islam is a claim you will need to backup as there is no such belief established.

All Kurds are Assyrians? When did I say that? Get your facts right before you talk.

Yezidis are closer to Assyrians in culture than Kurds and this is a fact, read that book if you disagree.

Anyone with any comment sence would tell you that, now adays you could find a book about just about anything, there are books claiming assyrians don't exict anymore, does that mean its true?

I dont need to read any books to know that, ezidis are indo-european and you can see that clearly.. realy? so whats the difrence between kurdish and assyrian culture? don't we dress similar? dance similar? eat similar? you can be a nationalist thats fine, but now your just being ignorant.. its a fact that all kurds were ezidis before islam, a religion similar to that of the ancient persians, ezidi is similar to hindo some believe.. you know INDO-aryans.. like I said, if you consider ezidis as assyrian, then by that logic "ex-ezidi" kurds as they were, were also assyrian.

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2010, 06:04:01 PM »
Anyone with any comment sence would tell you that, now adays you could find a book about just about anything, there are books claiming assyrians don't exict anymore, does that mean its true?

I dont need to read any books to know that, ezidis are indo-european and you can see that clearly.. realy? so whats the difrence between kurdish and assyrian culture? don't we dress similar? dance similar? eat similar? you can be a nationalist thats fine, but now your just being ignorant.. its a fact that all kurds were ezidis before islam, a religion similar to that of the ancient persians, ezidi is similar to hindo some believe.. you know INDO-aryans.. like I said, if you consider ezidis as assyrian, then by that logic "ex-ezidi" kurds as they were, were also assyrian.

This book is not any book, it was written over hundreds of years ago, when nationalism did not exist in such huge amounts as today among Middle Eastern communities. Learn to differentiate between actual works and pseudo-works.

Yezidis are still a distinct ethno-religious group whether you want it or not, and claiming that all modern day Kurds were Yezidi before the rise of Islam is itself ignorant.

Offline assyria12

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2010, 06:06:15 PM »
This book is not any book, it was written over hundreds of years ago, when nationalism did not exist in such huge amounts as today among Middle Eastern communities. Learn to differentiate between actual works and pseudo-works.

Yezidis are still a distinct ethno-religious group whether you want it or not, and claiming that all modern day Kurds were Yezidi before the rise of Islam is itself ignorant.

I know the diffrence, Im not sure a hardcore nationalist does though.

So, what were kurds then? and why do ezidis speak kurdish, and their books written in kurdish? all the facts are againts you, I could find 100's of links stating kurds were ezidi before, but it would useless becuase you wont accept them.

Offline mari

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2010, 06:17:11 PM »
I have Maronite friends that didn't even know what an Assyrian was until they met me :/ So I don't think all of them know what their roots are although I do believe they are originally Assyrians that got Arabized. That's great if some of them recognise their roots but to be honest in general I don't think they care that much from the impression I get...

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2010, 06:42:07 PM »
I know the diffrence, Im not sure a hardcore nationalist does though.

So, what were kurds then? and why do ezidis speak kurdish, and their books written in kurdish? all the facts are againts you, I could find 100's of links stating kurds were ezidi before, but it would useless becuase you wont accept them.

Start with reading that book before using terms you do not comprehend and applying them to people who do not literally fit into them.

Modern day Kurds belonged to Christanity, Zoroastrianism and Yezidism as the Kurds of those days were not as authentic as today, the term Kurd was not even an ethnic term in those days and there was no Kurdish language. The formation of the Kurdish group came along with the unity of several of Indo-Iranian tribes located in upper Mesopotamia.

Why do Yezidi speak Kurdish? Why do hundreds of thousands of Assyrians speak Arabic and Kurdish? Why do hundreds of thousands of Assyrians use a Arabic Bible instead of a Syriac Bible?

I could find 100 links stating you're not an Assyrian but a pseudo-Assyrian, would you accept that?

Offline assyria12

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2010, 06:55:11 PM »
Start with reading that book before using terms you do not comprehend and applying them to people who do not literally fit into them.

This issue is not important enough for me to read a book about it.

Modern day Kurds belonged to Christanity, Zoroastrianism and Yezidism as the Kurds of those days were not as authentic as today, the term Kurd was not even an ethnic term in those days and there was no Kurdish language. The formation of the Kurdish group came along with the unity of several of Indo-Iranian tribes located in upper Mesopotamia.

More or less, I think that kurds did exict, but other tribes that were related to them eventualy juined them, and not all of the tribes were indo-european...

Why do Yezidi speak Kurdish? Why do hundreds of thousands of Assyrians speak Arabic and Kurdish? Why do hundreds of thousands of Assyrians use a Arabic Bible instead of a Syriac Bible?

Right, but assyrians speak our language, and then kurdish or arabic, where as ezidis speak kurdish as their mother tunge.

I could find 100 links stating you're not an Assyrian but a pseudo-Assyrian, would you accept that?

Wait isnt that what I said to you?

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2010, 07:13:20 PM »
This issue is not important enough for me to read a book about it.
Then do not reply anything about the issue if it is not important enough for you.

Wait isnt that what I said to you?

Yes, and I replied with a similar question to your last question concerning the 100 links of Yezidi people being of Kurdish ancestry.

Offline assyria12

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2010, 08:28:30 AM »
Then do not reply anything about the issue if it is not important enough for you.

Yes, and I replied with a similar question to your last question concerning the 100 links of Yezidi people being of Kurdish ancestry.

Becuase your reasoning is incorrect, your only cliam for ezidis being assyrian is that we have similar culture, and even then you know very well that kurdish and assyrian culture is very similar.

It fits well in your nationalist interest don't it? cliam all these minorities to be assyrian to juin in on our conquest? wait, is that not the same things kurds are doing, the same think we complain about? this is what brought me to the conclusion, that nationalists are all the same, whether kurdish,assyrian,arab,turk or what ever.

Offline mgh

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2010, 02:39:43 AM »
Where are these Muslim Assyrians...I have never met them. Has anybody here met an Assyrian Muslim at any of our conventions, parties, protests, etc...If this is the flag of a people called Mhallami they are not Assyrians...not anymore. They seem to have been related to the Surya of Tur Abdin but converted to Islam centuries ago. Moreover they are mainly Arabic and Kurdish speaking today. If that's the case then they are no different than other Assyrians who were absorbed into surrounding Muslim populations and are no longer Assyrian but Arab, Kurdish, Turkish, etc...Therefore this is a flag of a different people, not Assyrians. I found this confused and badly written article on wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mhallami
Those Who Deny Their Roots, Do Not Know Their Roots...

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2010, 06:31:45 AM »
Where are these Muslim Assyrians...I have never met them. Has anybody here met an Assyrian Muslim at any of our conventions, parties, protests, etc...If this is the flag of a people called Mhallami they are not Assyrians...not anymore. They seem to have been related to the Surya of Tur Abdin but converted to Islam centuries ago. Moreover they are mainly Arabic and Kurdish speaking today. If that's the case then they are no different than other Assyrians who were absorbed into surrounding Muslim populations and are no longer Assyrian but Arab, Kurdish, Turkish, etc...Therefore this is a flag of a different people, not Assyrians. I found this confused and badly written article on wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mhallami

umm dude, that article on wikipedia is NOT what it really looked like last time I saw it...
I'm going to change it back....

EDIT: I changed it back, if gets vandalized again, I'll change it back again.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 06:51:23 AM by mrzurnaci »

Offline xxSanhoxx

• Assyrian Youth Federation of Middle Europe
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2010, 03:33:17 PM »
there are associations in turkey from Moslem Assyrians, named "Assyrian association" in Tur Abdin. There are other muslim assyrians which recognize that their grand or grand grand father told them they were assyrians, not turks and starting now to get back to their roots. I know from an Assyrian from gutersloh which met a family like this north of Istanbul. They are over 70 family this family and they want to open a assyrian association too. There are a couple of hotels in turkey named "Asuri Otel" which mhallami opened. Ok, it's not a majority, but their roots are assyrian and maybe million of muslims are originally assyrians, and if some of them recognize that they are assyrian and nothing else, than we cant deny them. We arent god, that could deny it. To be an assyrian is a nationality, not a religion. BUT we know that we are a friendly christian people and get hurt hundred of times because of being christian. ..we can't deny any truth.

"..To be an Assyrian is to feel: The past is my heritage I shall forget it not; the present, my responsibility; the future, my challenge." - Dr. David Barsum Perley

Offline mgh

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2010, 04:11:55 PM »
there are associations in turkey from Moslem Assyrians, named "Assyrian association" in Tur Abdin. There are other muslim assyrians which recognize that their grand or grand grand father told them they were assyrians, not turks and starting now to get back to their roots. I know from an Assyrian from gutersloh which met a family like this north of Istanbul. They are over 70 family this family and they want to open a assyrian association too. There are a couple of hotels in turkey named "Asuri Otel" which mhallami opened. Ok, it's not a majority, but their roots are assyrian and maybe million of muslims are originally assyrians, and if some of them recognize that they are assyrian and nothing else, than we cant deny them. We arent god, that could deny it. To be an assyrian is a nationality, not a religion. BUT we know that we are a friendly christian people and get hurt hundred of times because of being christian. ..we can't deny any truth.

I disagree. To be an Assyrian is to be a Christian...or at least an Assyrian whose parents are Christian (for all the Assyrian atheists out there). These people converted to Islam centuries ago and gave up their language in favor of Kurdish, Arabic or Turkish. In other words, they lost their identity as Suraya/Assyrians. If they want to be part of our nation again, then they should adopt the two main elements that constitute our identity: our language and our national religion, Christianity.

Offline mgh

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2010, 04:13:00 PM »
umm dude, that article on wikipedia is NOT what it really looked like last time I saw it...
I'm going to change it back....

EDIT: I changed it back, if gets vandalized again, I'll change it back again.

Thank you.

Offline Dalida

• Golden Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2010, 04:19:12 PM »
I disagree. To be an Assyrian is to be a Christian...or at least an Assyrian whose parents are Christian (for all the Assyrian atheists out there). These people converted to Islam centuries ago and gave up their language in favor of Kurdish, Arabic or Turkish. In other words, they lost their identity as Suraya/Assyrians. If they want to be part of our nation again, then they should adopt the two main elements that constitute our identity: our language and our national religion, Christianity.

So what trying to say is that if I was an atheist and my kids are atheist by the time my grandchildren are born even if they speak Assyrian, recognize themselves as Assyrian you won't consider them Assyrian because they aren't Christian? Ignorant.
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
-Mother Teresa

Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane. -Phillip ****

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2010, 04:44:11 PM »
So what trying to say is that if I was an atheist and my kids are atheist by the time my grandchildren are born even if they speak Assyrian, recognize themselves as Assyrian you won't consider them Assyrian because they aren't Christian? Ignorant.
what he's trying to say is that Assyrian culture is DICTATED by religion, our religion is practically our culture because everything we do HAS to do with religion e.g. Rogation of the Ninevites, Kha b-nisan, Easter, Oshana, Christmas etc.

Offline xxSanhoxx

• Assyrian Youth Federation of Middle Europe
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2010, 10:31:37 AM »
No, not everything is related with our religion. Hey, we are split in over 9 churches with very different "christianity". More and more assyrians dont believe anymore in jesus. but they are still assyrians. No one from us can judge about anyone what he is or what he is not. It is true that our main churches save our culture for thousands of years. but we are more than a church-culture. and if you judge than go back to your christian religion and save the words of god, where he told us that only he have to judge and no one else!

Our churches are a part of our nation, not the nation a part of our churches and religion.
"..To be an Assyrian is to feel: The past is my heritage I shall forget it not; the present, my responsibility; the future, my challenge." - Dr. David Barsum Perley

Offline jacob

• Special Member
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2010, 11:44:54 AM »
I'm absolutely devastated today.  I had no idea I was going to wake up and find out that I'm not Assyrian because neither I nor my father believe in god.  What a horrible thing to have happen on a Wednesday morning.  I'm going to go cry now.

Offline Dalida

• Golden Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2010, 11:56:20 AM »
what he's trying to say is that Assyrian culture is DICTATED by religion, our religion is practically our culture because everything we do HAS to do with religion e.g. Rogation of the Ninevites, Kha b-nisan, Easter, Oshana, Christmas etc.

I know what you are saying but I still don't agree. I go to church almost every Sunday(when I'm not working) and one of my friends never goes to church and has no interest in religion but she can read, write and speak Assyrian. She helps Assyrian organizations. Does that mean I'm more Assyrian than her just because i got to church and she doesn't? Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?

Religion would be important to me even if I wasn't Assyrian. Being Assyrian has nothing to do with my faith.

I'm absolutely devastated today.  I had no idea I was going to wake up and find out that I'm not Assyrian because neither I nor my father believe in god.  What a horrible thing to have happen on a Wednesday morning.  I'm going to go cry now.

Awww  :bigarmhug: You are still Assyrian to me.
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
-Mother Teresa

Offline jacob

• Special Member
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2010, 12:22:15 PM »
Awww  :bigarmhug: You are still Assyrian to me.

It's all better thanks to a Dalida hug. :bigarmhug:

Offline MXJSPH

• Special Member
    • Civilised Violence
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2010, 12:23:35 PM »

Where's the zibla for this?
"What is love? What is creation? What is longing? What is a star? Thus asks the last man, and he blinks. The earth has become small, and on it hops the last man, who makes everything small"

Friedrich Nietzsche

civilisedviolence.wordpress.com

Offline baklawa

• Golden Member
  • No puppets allowed
    • Assyrian Aid Society of America
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2010, 05:58:50 PM »
I disagree. To be an Assyrian is to be a Christian...or at least an Assyrian whose parents are Christian (for all the Assyrian atheists out there).

I'm sure Queen Shamirum, Ashurbanipal, Malka Sargon, Marduk, Hammurabi, etc. would be bemused to know that they weren't Assyrian. 
"January 2010, the nail in the coffin, the day Zowaa will die." Hilarious prediction posted by "chaldean."
March 2010: Zowaa wins 3 out of 5 seats in the Iraqi Parliament!

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2010, 06:57:47 PM »
Our churches are a part of our nation, not the nation a part of our churches and religion.

A secular amen to that.

Offline mgh

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2010, 04:46:50 PM »

It is you who is ignorant...why don't you read what I wrote. I have no problem with Assyrians who become atheists and their kids are atheists and so forth. An Islamic identity is incompatible with an Assyrian identity. I think most Assyrians strongly believe that an Assyrian identity does not include being Muslim. These people converted to Islam centuries ago and most of them don't speak the language.

Offline mgh

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2010, 04:51:17 PM »

I'm guessing you're not Muslim...so congratulations your Assyrian credentials are solid. Your week of mourning is over. Hold your head high.

Offline Dalida

• Golden Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2010, 04:55:06 PM »
It is you who is ignorant...why don't you read what I wrote. I have no problem with Assyrians who become atheists and their kids are atheists and so forth. An Islamic identity is incompatible with an Assyrian identity. I think most Assyrians strongly believe that an Assyrian identity does not include being Muslim. These people converted to Islam centuries ago and most of them don't speak the language.

So just at long as you aren't Muslim you could be considered Assyrian. Anything other religion is cool? Ok now I understand. That sounds so much better. I will continue on being ignorant, thanks.
-Mother Teresa

Offline mgh

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2010, 04:55:53 PM »
Where's the zibla for this?

Exactly where your pea sized brain should be.

Offline mgh

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2010, 04:58:32 PM »
I'm sure Queen Shamirum, Ashurbanipal, Malka Sargon, Marduk, Hammurabi, etc. would be bemused to know that they weren't Assyrian. 

Were they Muslims? Apparently all of you can read/write Assyrian but not English. I'm not talking about long dead religions or Hitchens-wannabe Assyrians.

Offline mgh

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2010, 05:01:59 PM »
So just at long as you aren't Muslim you could be considered Assyrian. Anything other religion is cool? Ok now I understand. That sounds so much better. I will continue on being ignorant, thanks.

You're obviously choosing to ignore over one thousand years of our history. If I have to explain to you why being Muslim is antithetical to be an Assyrian then you really don't much about our history or culture...so yeah continue being ignorant.

Offline jonadona

• Golden Member
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2010, 07:56:32 PM »
You're obviously choosing to ignore over one thousand years of our history. If I have to explain to you why being Muslim is antithetical to be an Assyrian then you really don't much about our history or culture...so yeah continue being ignorant.

Maybe your pea-sized brain can't comprehend how someone can practice Islam and a) not be an extremist, and b) still be able to continue to be an Assyrian.

We're not talking about Assyrians who want to convert to Islam to declare jihad on the West. 

Christianity was scary too at a time in history.  Look at how much we hate each other because of our different churches. Of course you can't comprehend bringing another religion in the mix.

By the way, our culture was very well received in Iraq by Muslims.  Our morals/ethics are not much different than the Muslims of Iraq.

turbulence is a fluid regime characterized by chaotic, stochastic property changes.

Offline mgh

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2010, 06:02:36 PM »
Maybe your pea-sized brain can't comprehend how someone can practice Islam and a) not be an extremist, and b) still be able to continue to be an Assyrian.

We're not talking about Assyrians who want to convert to Islam to declare jihad on the West. 

Christianity was scary too at a time in history.  Look at how much we hate each other because of our different churches. Of course you can't comprehend bringing another religion in the mix.

By the way, our culture was very well received in Iraq by Muslims.  Our morals/ethics are not much different than the Muslims of Iraq.

You are an idiot. Do you even know the subject that is being discussed. Where did I mention that Christians have always done the right thing? Yes there are Muslims who practice their religion peacefully...I never denied that. Our morals/ethics are similar to theirs because we both inhabited the same region for a long time and are bound to have some things in common. But that's not what I am discussing here. I am saying that these people gave up their Assyrian identity centuries ago...they are not Christians and don't speak the language. I mentioned in my first post that this doesn't include Assyrians who are atheists/agnostics because they speak the language and are still involved/connected to the Assyrian community.

Offline Tambur

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2010, 12:20:27 AM »

Yes that's pretty much it, as long as you're not Muslim you can be Assyrian, I'm sorry but Islam is Anti-Assyrian, if any Assyrian converts to this religion they're no longer Assyrian in my eyes.

You guys are stupid if you think Islam has been good to us, where are all the Assyrians that converted to Islam today? I'm pretty sure there has been so many of them throughout history, where are they? I'll buy a monthly supply of chocolate chip cookies for 3 years if you can find me one friggin Assyrian community that survived 500 years of being Muslims and not lost their language and their culture, it's a double dare, my biggest proof is the Mhallami community recently (Which the flag is theirs by the way) in Turkey today, they no longer speak our language, and they mix with other Arabs and Kurds, I mean seriously, is that what you want? Because Assyrian converts will indeed do that, they will eventually melt.

Let me make it clear, Assyrians don't have to be Christian to be Assyrians, but they cannot be Muslims, it's as simple as that, if you accept great and if not, the walls around the room can do justice if you know what I mean, and while I don't care much for religion, I do acknowledge that it's only because of Christianity that we actually survive as a culture today, so even if you don't believe in it, respect it because it protected your name.

Btw, me thinks Jonadona might be an undercover Muslim since he's seems to defend them so much, either that or he's probably in love with one, seriously I have never seen an Assyrian out there defending Islam this much unless they're one themselves.

Offline jonadona

• Golden Member
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2010, 07:59:17 PM »
You are an idiot. Do you even know the subject that is being discussed. Where did I mention that Christians have always done the right thing? Yes there are Muslims who practice their religion peacefully...I never denied that. Our morals/ethics are similar to theirs because we both inhabited the same region for a long time and are bound to have some things in common. But that's not what I am discussing here. I am saying that these people gave up their Assyrian identity centuries ago...they are not Christians and don't speak the language. I mentioned in my first post that this doesn't include Assyrians who are atheists/agnostics because they speak the language and are still involved/connected to the Assyrian community.

First, to keep with your style of debate, you're an idiot.

Second, you've agreed with every point I've made.

Third, there are Assyrians who lost their identity during the second generation in the West.  With no Islam.

Btw, me thinks Jonadona might be an undercover Muslim since he's seems to defend them so much, either that or he's probably in love with one, seriously I have never seen an Assyrian out there defending Islam this much unless they're one themselves.

You state your opinion and it's fact, but others are undercover Muslims?  Genius. 

Just go look at your community in the West, and tell me who has influenced the other more.

Whether you like it or not, the people that do matter are surrounded by Muslims.  Fact.  If you wanna change that, then you know what to do.

Where are the Assyrians that converted to Islam?!  I'm sure they wanna be paraded in front of you to be ridiculed and then adhere to being called 'anti-Assyrian'. 

I accept the fact that there are people in this world that dwell on hate.  I'm just glad I know where they can't end up.  Makes me sleep better at night.

Sweet dreams.

Offline Tambur

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2010, 05:05:45 AM »
You state your opinion and it's fact, but others are undercover Muslims?  Genius.  

Just go look at your community in the West, and tell me who has influenced the other more.

Whether you like it or not, the people that do matter are surrounded by Muslims.  Fact.  If you wanna change that, then you know what to do.

Where are the Assyrians that converted to Islam?!  I'm sure they wanna be paraded in front of you to be ridiculed and then adhere to being called 'anti-Assyrian'.  

I accept the fact that there are people in this world that dwell on hate.  I'm just glad I know where they can't end up.  Makes me sleep better at night.

Sweet dreams.

It has nothing to do with hate, it's just the reality of it and you need to accept it (Or not if that's what you want), let's get serious for a second, when it's a Zowaa discussion and Kurds are involved, you're very quickly to jump and make them look like ikhre, but when Islam and Arabism are involved, no they're good people and we're just full of hate.

It's very simple, Islam is not meant for Assyrians, history has taught us a very good lesson that Assyrians and Islam do not mingle well, if you're willing to learn from our history with Kurds, then be wise and learn from our history with Islam too.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 05:06:25 AM by Tambur »

Offline jonadona

• Golden Member
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2010, 10:26:09 AM »
My issue is the fact that people think we have a better chance of existing by being a small part of a smaller part.  And the Kurds have been selling it to Assyrians, and we are just eating it up.  I'm not opposed to working with Kurds.  Working with them.  Not working for them, and helping them gain an independent state that's ruthless to its minorities.

Kurds are Muslim too, but I never bring that up.  Keep them separate. 

Offline Cascade

• Many waters cannot quench love.
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2011, 05:42:17 AM »
Yes, you can be Assyrian, but not a Christian. Though, yes, being a Muslim Assyrian is a stretch and not right because Muslims never liked our culture.

I'm an Atheist and an Assyrian. We have the very rights to move away from our church because we owned our church, the church didn't own us. All those Assyrian queens and kings before Christianity were not Christian, but they were still Assyrian in the heart.
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Offline 7ayruta

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2011, 02:12:58 AM »
when will people start realizing that us being so ****ing ignorant is what's killing our nation. The same reasoning you are using to hate on Assyrian muslims are the same you hate on chaldeans too. "they're killing our culture" bla bla bla.... YOU are killing our culture. Look at ****ing europe or america?! YOU are the ones killing it. This is a F*cking tribalmentallity that says "everyone that doesn't fit my views is not accepted in the group".

This mentallity is what's killing umta. Stone heads.

I'm 100% with Jonadona on this one.
ܦܠܚܗ ܕܐܠܗܐ
ܚܪܘܬܐ ܠܐܬܘܪ ܟܒܝܫܬܐ  

Offline DonTELGA

• Don in Niagara Falls, Ontario
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2011, 02:14:41 PM »
During the Assyrian empire, Assyrians did not believe in GOD. But since the time of CHRIST, our ancestors changed their religion. So are we Assyrians because from that moment we believed in GOD, if so, then what were we during the empire years? What I am trying to say is if I am born into an Assyrian Christian family and later in life I choose to covert to Islam, Jewish or Buddist beliefs, am I or am I not Assyrian?

I believe we are Assyrian no matter what your religion is.

Another matter

If I was Catholic (Chaldean) and decided to leave that church because of some rules within the church which I don't agree too, then I switch to Assyrian Church of the East or Ancient Assyrian Church of the East or any other church. Am I now a Assyrian or am I still called a Chaldean?

Offline 7ayruta

« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2011, 03:27:44 PM »
During the Assyrian empire, Assyrians did not believe in GOD. But since the time of CHRIST, our ancestors changed their religion. So are we Assyrians because from that moment we believed in GOD, if so, then what were we during the empire years? What I am trying to say is if I am born into an Assyrian Christian family and later in life I choose to covert to Islam, Jewish or Buddist beliefs, am I or am I not Assyrian?

I believe we are Assyrian no matter what your religion is.

Another matter

If I was Catholic (Chaldean) and decided to leave that church because of some rules within the church which I don't agree too, then I switch to Assyrian Church of the East or Ancient Assyrian Church of the East or any other church. Am I now a Assyrian or am I still called a Chaldean?

B'sharafi ee ma7bn lo5  :yourock:  :loool:
ܦܠܚܗ ܕܐܠܗܐ
ܚܪܘܬܐ ܠܐܬܘܪ ܟܒܝܫܬܐ  

Offline Zowaa389

« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2011, 11:08:07 PM »
Read Fred Aprim's Hallucination of Assyrian Muslims and you will get the fact that this idiocy doe snot exist and eventually will wake up to the fact that there areother threats to us,. everything wannabe hitchesn assyrians all the way to more serious hreats like historical revision which is happening right now as we speak.
She lusted after the Assyrians, governors and officials, the ones near, magnificently dressed, horsemen riding on horses, all of them desirable young men.

Ezekiel 23:12

Offline Cascade

« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2017, 02:48:41 AM »

And I used to like you because of your positive posts about the LGBT and atheism.

Why is that Assyrians who defend gays, also happen to defend the sh!t stain that's Islam? You're like the 3rd person on this board to do so.

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2017, 09:06:34 AM »
And I used to like you because of your positive posts about the LGBT and atheism.

Why is that Assyrians who defend gays, also happen to defend the sh!t stain that's Islam? You're like the 3rd person on this board to do so.

because pro-communist indoctrination (Communism usually used force to put down Muslims, how else did the Red army take control of the -Stan countries?)

Offline Cascade

« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2017, 10:18:20 AM »
because pro-communist indoctrination (Communism usually used force to put down Muslims, how else did the Red army take control of the -Stan countries?)
I don't think it has anything to do with that. These idiots were just raised in the west. So they have no idea what Islam is really like.

Also, they think that being liberal means you have to be accepting of everyone, from those who deserve it to those who are totally intolerant and don't deserve it all. They don't know what "liberal" means.

The Face of SHAME -- Assyrian Flag at Muslim Brotherhood Rally‏

Started by Kosovo1389Board News & Current Events

Replies: 3
Views: 633
Last post September 03, 2014, 03:40:32 PM
by ASHOOR
Assyrian Flag

Started by CAMPPAINBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 9
Views: 1409
Last post October 31, 2005, 08:16:44 PM
by CAMPPAIN
Assyrian Flag at the Toyota Cup next week

Started by Crocodile BaniBoard Sports

Replies: 3
Views: 1494
Last post December 09, 2005, 11:55:53 AM
by atourina
Assyrian Flag!

Started by JooJeeBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 26
Views: 1873
Last post March 27, 2006, 08:28:49 AM
by atourina
DO you think Assyrians going to this years WORLD CUP should take a Assyrian Flag

Started by Free_AssyriaBoard Sports

Replies: 19
Views: 2968
Last post June 07, 2006, 06:12:26 AM
by Crocodile Bani