Author Topic: Are you an 'Assyrainist'?  (Read 2383 times)

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Are you an 'Assyrainist'?
« on: January 19, 2009, 04:35:08 PM »
Not to be confused with an Assyriologist, an Assyrianist is someone who is both involved and passionate about the Assyrian issues of today, the past and the future. An Assyriologist on the other hand is more concerned primarily with the old Assyrian empire and discoveries, including other Mesopotamian civilizations (Summerians, Babylonians, Akkadians)

An Assyrianist, strictly speaking, is an Assyrian by nature and ethnicity. A non-Assyrian can't be an Assyrianist, although they could have a passion for the Assyrian culture.  In other words, an Assyrianist is someone who is into Assyrianism and Assyriology at the same time, and while his knowledge of the two could be general, his passion about either one is very deep and serious.

The term 'Assyrianist', or the 'Assyrianist Movement' was born on the Assyrian Voice website, where there is now a dual passion amongst the members for both the current Assyrian issues and those of the antiquity

Taken from our Assyrian Voice Library section

ASHOOR

-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Re: Are you an 'Assyrainist'?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 04:45:29 PM »
Just because someone is not an Assyrian and not an Assyrianist at the same time, is not necessairily a bad thing. You could still have a passion for your nation and culture, but may not be that informed on our history and Assyriology in general. Or just not interested.

Some people think of Assyriology as a little too far removed from our current situation, and is of no use to our status today.

ASHOOR

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline Rumtaya

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 06:02:09 PM »
Nasha mot msaothe mbeeljanukh  :loool:

Nice, where did you got that from? I saw you said the Assyrian Voice Libary, but you must have taken it from somewhere else. Anyways thanks for sharring.

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 06:02:09 PM »

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 08:46:31 PM »
Please add the word 'Assyrianist' to your dictionaries guys.

ASHOOR

Offline Y. Mackay

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 04:15:05 AM »
Please add the word 'Assyrianist' to your dictionaries guys.

ASHOOR
How do you call Assyrianist in Assyrian/Suret/Surayt?

Offline davidb

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 05:35:32 AM »
How do you call Assyrianist in Assyrian/Suret/Surayt?

umtanaya? lol

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 08:41:13 AM »
Oumtanaya wouldn't be a real accurate translation. Oumtanaya is one characteristic of being an 'Assyrianist'

I will have to get back to you on that, or maybe we can come up with one.

ASHOOR

Offline xxSanhoxx

• Assyrian Youth Federation of Middle Europe
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 11:39:12 AM »
mothonoyo ? (Patriot ?)
"..To be an Assyrian is to feel: The past is my heritage I shall forget it not; the present, my responsibility; the future, my challenge." - Dr. David Barsum Perley

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 10:37:20 AM »
I am not the one to make the call on who is an Assyrianist and who is just an Assyrian, or an Assyriologist? It is your call. If you believe you are a passionate Assyrian, who has an interest about our issues of today, as well as our ancient and modern history, then you are an Assyrianist.

Some think our ancient history is way too ancient to even talk about it, and doesn't help our current situation. While that is partially true, that doesn't mean we forget about it and abandon it. We can learn a lot from our history, and use it to prove our national identity today. Whether it is our modern history from the last 300 years, or our very distant ancient history from the last 3000 years. They can overlap, as great as the distance between them is. It is a continuing history and doesn't stop and restart from a recent point in time.

An Assyrianist is an all-encompassing concept, for our identity, history, and knoweldge of the two.

ASHOOR

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 02:45:58 PM »
Sanho is an Assyrianist. He have a very big passion for our nation (culture, language, homeland, history and current condition). And he is a big activist for the Assyrian youth in Germany.
The Rights of Assyrians -UN Declaration
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDtB12aA8I

The existence of the Assyrian Nation & Nationality is a fact
http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=36862.0

̈I´m not interested in helping our ppl because I´m nationalistic, I´m interested because our ppl NEED help!

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 02:49:35 PM »
Sanho is an Assyrianist. He have a very big passion for our nation (culture, language, homeland, history and current condition). And he is a big activist for the Assyrian youth in Germany.

John, and at least based on what I have seen from you on here, you qualify to be an Assyrianist too. Why? because you have a passion for almost everything Assyrian, be it of current status of from the anient empire. You may not concern yourself with such complicated issues like "Zowaa's role in Baghdad" but that is because you haven't been exposed to it, and when you are, you will want to learn more about it. In other words, you are open to learning and discussing new things about our nation, history and language.

In conclusion, we need more Assyrianists out there.

ASHOOR

Offline xxSanhoxx

• Assyrian Youth Federation of Middle Europe
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 02:57:53 PM »
lol, thank you john.

do we search now assyrainist and make a list?  :blink:
i think, nobody can title himself as assyrainist. but let other give this great title to you, like patriot. i think, nobody can mess it too. i know lot of assyrians which have a so big knowledge, that i could hear them talk my hole life...

important is, so spread the assyrainist to all assyrians!
"..To be an Assyrian is to feel: The past is my heritage I shall forget it not; the present, my responsibility; the future, my challenge." - Dr. David Barsum Perley

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 03:05:06 PM »
And yes, I have seen a lot from Sanho, and his passion and general knowledge about our nation and its history is good enough to make him an Assyrianist.

Assyrianists should be an inspiration to other regular Assyrians, who are only Assyrian by nature, but have no knowledge nor passion in their nation, history, language, culture etc.

ASHOOR

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 03:07:13 PM »
lol, thank you john.

do we search now assyrainist and make a list?  :blink:
i think, nobody can title himself as assyrainist. but let other give this great title to you, like patriot. i think, nobody can mess it too. i know lot of assyrians which have a so big knowledge, that i could hear them talk my hole life...

important is, so spread the assyrainist to all assyrians!

Yeah, ZAW´OO OTHUROYO !!! :D
The Rights of Assyrians -UN Declaration
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDtB12aA8I

The existence of the Assyrian Nation & Nationality is a fact
http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=36862.0

̈I´m not interested in helping our ppl because I´m nationalistic, I´m interested because our ppl NEED help!

Offline ultoMa

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 10:48:51 PM »
assyrianist sounds like a racist assyrian.

Offline jonadona

• Golden Member
  • The town is back that way!
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 10:53:22 PM »
I am a Westernist.  Americanist.
turbulence is a fluid regime characterized by chaotic, stochastic property changes.

Offline Cascade

• Many waters cannot quench love.
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2017, 03:05:24 AM »
Not really. But I am a proud Assyrian.

I hate being too patriotic or nationalistic. It's not the best trait.
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin