Author Topic: Relationship with an assyrian, problems arising  (Read 2947 times)

Offline lilatm

Relationship with an assyrian, problems arising
« on: January 27, 2011, 12:52:54 PM »
   First off, let me introduce myself. My name is Justin, and im 16 years old, my parents are in a bad relationship. Whats happening is my assyrian girlfriend is 15 and her parents hate me. When i say hate, they make fun, call my girlfriend, their own daughter, low, easy, dumb, stupid and much more. What i need is advice on what to do because she told her mom she likes me but we love each other, she only said like just to see her reaction. Today her mom started to try and tear us apart, but i really love this girl, she honestly is the girl i want to marry and spend my life with. I will do all i can just to make her my wife. As i type this we are talking and she is telling me that because of what i said on a facebook picture, im childish(what her mom said). My parents are in a bad relation as i said but the problem is, my dad cheated on my mom, and my girlfriends mom found out. Now this is a direct quote of what her mom said:
she's telling me you're not my type, you're in a trauma because your dad cheats and you'll never be able to love because you've never seen love since your dad cheats. your dad cheats with a BLACK woman, meaning he, like everyone else goes after someone from his own culture which is what you are going to do too. shes telling me how you're childish and i can do so much better.

how im so easy all of the sudden and chasing every single guy that just likes me a bit, how you dont need me, but a psychologist to get you over your problems with your dad and that im not going to be your psychologist. how i just like you because i feel bad for you because you feel left out. how i picked you out of all guys..
And because im black it makes it worst because my girlfriend is telling me they dont like me just because im black. Im not even fully black, my dad is black and my mom is white, im mixed. I dont get to choose my parents its not my fault. I really need some help, because my girlfriend is getting really hurt by this, and she doesnt want to end things with me. Please help me with this issue

Offline 7ayruta

Re: Relationship with an assyrian, problems arising
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 03:45:48 PM »
this doesn't have a soloution, very sad but yes. Racism excists and will not end.

I have the same problem (almost) .

It is very difficult for us to give u advices because none of us know u. Let no other than GOD be ur judge.. so F*** us, F*** her family, F*** everyone who will try to act like a judge :)

that is my honest opinion and i see no justice in what her family is trying to do.

But this is a very difficult situation because we are all bound to a culture and our family. It is a tough situation and i know how it feels :)

An advice might be to gain her mothers respect somehow... learn how to read and write assyrian. Something that needs ur blood and sweat u know... earn her respect :)
ܦܠܚܗ ܕܐܠܗܐ
ܚܪܘܬܐ ܠܐܬܘܪ ܟܒܝܫܬܐ  

Offline Tambur

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 04:56:40 PM »
I'll give you a simple advice and you can take it anyway you want, first of all, you're 16 and she's 15, love is not to be taken seriously here because you're both so young and you have a whole life ahead of you.

Second of all, I recommend you let her go now when it's still early, I say this for a couple of reasons, the first reason is because of your black ancestry, I know racism sucks and all but you have to keep in mind that her family will never accept you because of that, the only way you can get on with your life together is if you elope and she cuts her family off, I personally don't recommend that because Assyrians are attached to their family and if you allow her to do that, don't be surprised if she blames you for it in the future, which brings me to my second reason, she's friggin 15 and you're 16, you're both still very young and have not seen anything in the world, to be saying this is the person you wanna merry is very laughable, I've been in a few serious relationships in high-school and I can tell you right now, girls (Guys too) are not fully developed until they enter their 20's, that's when you start to know what you really want, if you guys were that old I would say ok, there's something there, but you're so young, in fact this is the best time to let her go and move on, you're both better off without one another and at your age, you don't need this headache, trust me on this.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 04:58:23 PM by Tambur »

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 04:56:40 PM »

Offline AssyrianDrummer

• Mid-Level Member
    • My facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 05:03:05 PM »
As long as you and your Mrs are happy with each other, then carry on dude. Who are they to say? Ignore em and carry on.

I am only half assyrian, I get called lots of stuff by english people (my other half) ...Paki, slanty nose, half-brit. And I get called stuff from the Assyrian side of my family! Its all the same.

BUt sadly, thats the Assyrian race dude. There's no way of turning her family to like you, cause of your color. My family are the same.

And no, it is not age. A friend of mine has known his wife since he was 14... theyve been married for 10 years now and still a happy couple.
Sonor drums Artist

Offline Tambur

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 05:15:05 PM »
As long as you and your Mrs are happy with each other, then carry on dude. Who are they to say? Ignore em and carry on.

I am only half assyrian, I get called lots of stuff by english people (my other half) ...Paki, slanty nose, half-brit. And I get called stuff from the Assyrian side of my family! Its all the same.

BUt sadly, thats the Assyrian race dude. There's no way of turning her family to like you, cause of your color. My family are the same.

And no, it is not age. A friend of mine has known his wife since he was 14... theyve been married for 10 years now and still a happy couple.

Which one is Assyrian, your dad or your mom?

Offline AssyrianBookTa

• Special Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 05:17:30 PM »
LET ME MAKE THIS SIMPLE FOR AVNERS!!
PLEASE view the following threads for advice if you still have more questions AFTER reading these 2 threads then please come back and reply. Otherwise good luck.

http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=39047.0

http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=38892.0

R.I.P. Dr. Ronny George and Lina Yaakubova

Offline baklawa

• Golden Member
  • No puppets allowed
    • Assyrian Aid Society of America
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 05:45:10 PM »
YOU'RE TEENAGERS, YOU KNOW NOTHING!  :ranting:  Jesus, go play on your PS3, watch "Skins" or read some dumb magazine, what on earth are you talking about marriage for?!  You're both lucky you're not my kids, I'd beat the ikhreh out of both of you  :whip:
"January 2010, the nail in the coffin, the day Zowaa will die." Hilarious prediction posted by "chaldean."
March 2010: Zowaa wins 3 out of 5 seats in the Iraqi Parliament!

Offline AssyrianDrummer

• Mid-Level Member
    • My facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 06:00:48 PM »
Which one is Assyrian, your dad or your mom?

my mom
Sonor drums Artist

Offline Tambur

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 06:17:01 PM »
my mom

That figures, most mixed-marriages with Assyrians are usually done with Assyrian men, they're not as attached to their family like the girls are so it's easier, not to mention that your mother was not of black ancestry, Assyrians tend to accept white people more than dark.

Anyways, I've given the most practical advice, teenagers should not be thinking of marriage at such young age, let alone marriage of such extreme? I think this guy deserves better in life and this in my opinion is probably the worst road for him, he should forget about her and have fun in life, you're only a teenager once, don't waste it on useless relationships that will only cause you headaches in life.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 06:20:03 PM by Tambur »

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 10:20:46 PM »
  First off, let me introduce myself. My name is Justin, and im 16 years old, my parents are in a bad relationship. Whats happening is my assyrian girlfriend is 15 and her parents hate me. When i say hate, they make fun, call my girlfriend, their own daughter, low, easy, dumb, stupid and much more. What i need is advice on what to do because she told her mom she likes me but we love each other, she only said like just to see her reaction. Today her mom started to try and tear us apart, but i really love this girl, she honestly is the girl i want to marry and spend my life with. I will do all i can just to make her my wife. As i type this we are talking and she is telling me that because of what i said on a facebook picture, im childish(what her mom said). My parents are in a bad relation as i said but the problem is, my dad cheated on my mom, and my girlfriends mom found out. Now this is a direct quote of what her mom said:And because im black it makes it worst because my girlfriend is telling me they dont like me just because im black. Im not even fully black, my dad is black and my mom is white, im mixed. I dont get to choose my parents its not my fault. I really need some help, because my girlfriend is getting really hurt by this, and she doesnt want to end things with me. Please help me with this issue

GTFO, i'm sick of these threads.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 10:24:46 PM by Hanuni »
“Their enemies had realized their national potential long before the Assyrians themselves. The enemy was not afraid of good farmers, good parents, good church-going parishioners...the enemy was afraid of Assyrians wrapped in nationhood.”

-Mount Semele, Ivan Kakovitch

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 11:48:53 PM »
GTFO, i'm sick of these threads.

your sick of em too?

man we are making it like a struggle for survival.

Offline thomas

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 05:25:14 AM »
YOU'RE TEENAGERS, YOU KNOW NOTHING!  :ranting:  Jesus, go play on your PS3, watch "Skins" or read some dumb magazine, what on earth are you talking about marriage for?!  You're both lucky you're not my kids, I'd beat the ikhreh out of both of you  :whip:
how could you say that?! you old frump!! They're 16 and the centre of the universe! lol

Offline AssyrianBookTa

• Special Member
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 02:33:27 PM »
Hanuni me too that's why I posted the links.so much easier then commenting on the same thing again.
R.I.P. Dr. Ronny George and Lina Yaakubova

Theses Assyrian guys must got problems, LOL

Started by GodIsGoodAllTheTimeBoard Assyrian Youtube Clips

Replies: 13
Views: 5235
Last post October 29, 2008, 08:00:41 PM
by JooJee
Assyrian Identity Problems

Started by xxSanhoxxBoard Culture & History

Replies: 14
Views: 2100
Last post July 12, 2008, 02:10:17 AM