Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Culture & History / Re: Arab civilization copied from Assyrians & others
« Last post by Joe25 on Today at 03:08:08 PM »
well it is correct. The Persian-Assyrian society that the Sassanid empire had before the Islamic invasions was pretty much a flourishing civilization of its own.
Secondly, what did the Muslims and Arabs even learn from what Assyrians and Persians already knew?

The vast majority of Muslim inventors and polymaths were Persian themselves, meaning their contributions wouldn't have changed whether they converted to Islam or not.

The only Islamic idea that actually used rationalism was the Mu3tazaliya school of thought but the Mu3tazali school is considered a heresy by mainstream Sunni Muslims which are 80% of Muslims. Go Figure!

Islam is a badly designed religion, nuff said.

Noted. Another thing I would have liked to see the writer talk about is the Library of Baghdad(House of wisdom) which got destroyed by the Mongols during Hulagu Khan's 'Sacking of Baghdad' in 1258. Though I don't doubt its greatness, it was probably quite romanticized by Islamic scholars(Some go as far as blaming that event on the Islamic world's intellectual regression) and I wonder what role Assyrians and other non-muslims played in it.
well it is correct. The Persian-Assyrian society that the Sassanid empire had before the Islamic invasions was pretty much a flourishing civilization of its own.
Secondly, what did the Muslims and Arabs even learn from what Assyrians and Persians already knew?

The vast majority of Muslim inventors and polymaths were Persian themselves, meaning their contributions wouldn't have changed whether they converted to Islam or not.

The only Islamic idea that actually used rationalism was the Mu3tazaliya school of thought but the Mu3tazali school is considered a heresy by mainstream Sunni Muslims which are 80% of Muslims. Go Figure!

Islam is a badly designed religion, nuff said.
But look at the new world. Very few Americans except recent arrivals are pure anything. It happens gradually over time.
I would not worry about Assyrians disappearing as a people as long as there was still a community in Iraq and Syria.

We Assyrians ourselves are mixed, we're rarely mixed since the end of the middle ages though but still
I agree.

it'll be even more once we use Akkadian as a scientific/legal language like Latin is used as.
News & Current Events / Re: Trump is my hero
« Last post by mrzurnaci on Today at 11:49:59 AM »
I thought we had some sympathy for the Arabs, but it does not look like that lol

why would I have sympathy for Arabaye? At this point, they know Islam and Islamic ideology does NOT work yet they still try to keep it while also modernizing. You CAN'T have your cake and eat it at the same time...
News & Current Events / Re: Trump is my hero
« Last post by KingA on Today at 08:32:57 AM »
I'm just laughing at how Arabaye flipped their sh** lmao

I thought we had some sympathy for the Arabs, but it does not look like that lol
True.

And welcome back. Missed you, oddly. Lol.
Thanks. I lurked a bit I just didn't really have anything to say.
we stop it through community + pressure. There's a very good reason why ethnoreligious groups survive for thousands of years.
There'd be no Assyrian community if Assyrians married outside alot.

like I've said before, it's not a big deal if the odd Assyrian or few marry outside but the number of Assyrian-NonAssyrian marriages shouldn't be more than 10% of the community.
Possible. But look at the new world. Very few Americans except recent arrivals are pure anything. It happens gradually over time.
I would not worry about Assyrians disappearing as a people as long as there was still a community in Iraq and Syria.
That Evangelical American guy who wrote this article is looking WAY DEEP into it.

He's viewing Jesus like how Muslim apologists view him as ("Jesus is just as bad as Muhammad derp derp"). Can't believe you're falling for that.

I'm not. I can adequately say that excessive violence is bad and that Jesus is right that living violently will end badly, but on the other hand, you can't live life or lead a country in a pacifist tone. Jesus himself did know that his followers and believers would be persecuted but he also knew that acting violently would cause a bad name for his believers so, plain and simple, he allows for self defense but nothing beyond that.

There's a very good reason why Ancient Babel had the "eye for an eye" law. If we are treated badly and still being treated badly, we can't just sit and tolerate that.
Serious Topics and Discussions / Re: Our language
« Last post by mrzurnaci on Yesterday at 10:08:15 PM »
At least eastern Assyrian has more Akkadian influence (the most ancient Assyrian language).

not to mention we kept old Akkadian names like Ishtar and Sennacherib which became "Isshar" and "SanHerob" in medieval times.
If you have Assyrian parents.

If you want to go further, speaking the actual language.

can be easy, Assyrian and all other Syriac dialects are easy to learn compared to Arabic.

Hebrew, as jumbled as it is, is also easier to learn than Arabic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10