Author Topic: Why not many active here  (Read 1147 times)

Offline Nemrud

Why not many active here
« on: March 07, 2018, 01:34:45 AM »
So why are not so many active here? There are 9000 + members and only maybe 5 active here.....

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Re: Why not many active here
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 12:36:31 AM »
A lot of people are into social networks. Though a lot of these people still visit and read but rarely post. We have to keep posting interesting and compelling materials in hopes of getting people to get engaged. 

Also, a lot of people who used to be teenagers a decade ago, have moved on their lives, most of whom have gotten married and even have kids. So they don
-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline Joe25

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 08:26:52 AM »
A lot of people are into social networks. Though a lot of these people still visit and read but rarely post. We have to keep posting interesting and compelling materials in hopes of getting people to get engaged. 

Also, a lot of people who used to be teenagers a decade ago, have moved on their lives, most of whom have gotten married and even have kids. So they don

Ashoor, for a long time now this place has been flooded with kurdish and arab trolls who post their propaganda all over threads and even make anti-Assyrian remarks without getting banned. This has not been adressed by the moderation team at all I don't think as I still see these trolls on the active threads. What's worse is a couple of the dummies we have here keep taking the bait and escalate the trolling.

I can imagine anybody interested in coming back here seeing this and thinking: screw this embarrassing display and logging off because it's not being solved.

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 08:26:52 AM »

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 10:41:54 AM »
I'm still active.

Offline Cascade

• Many waters cannot quench love.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 01:55:32 AM »
I'm still active.
Well you have always been a faithful regular in here. Lol
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Offline Barwarneta

• Special Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 10:16:10 AM »

Offline Kelba

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 08:18:45 PM »
There indeed have been a lot of trolls in the past year or two. I recall one guy telling us we should go back to Ashurism and that Christianity was a Jewish lie. Then there was "ProudArab" who would do nothing except type racist things and illogical comments. 

To be honest though we have had some legitimate users say bad things as well. I recall one of our younger posters make comments like "we should kill all muslims"

So I agree the quality of conversation has been low here. I don't blame Ashoor though, if he moderated heavily, it would be bad as well. I think there just needs to be an effort by the regular posters to try and contribute higher-quality content, and to not let every interesting thread slip into an argument between 2-3 posters.

Offline Crocodile Bani

• Special Member
  • Formerly Moja Moja
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 09:45:21 PM »
Whilst some of the issues have been addressed as to why people are keeping away, the biggest reason I would say is that the forum was down for at least a month.  The rest of the site was up but the forum was offline. Just checked now to see if the forum was back online and I saw this post, thiking it would explain why the forum was down.
Back in Darwin for the 2nd time in my life.  Originally from Sydney (Fairfield area), lived in Vanuatu, Japan (twice), Thailand and Darwin once previously.  Western Sydney Wanderers fan as well as Parramatta Eels.  Veteran of 3 World Cups (1994, 2006 and 2010).

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 10:26:34 PM »
Coincidentally, enough, today is our 19th anniversary. Assyrian Voice was founded on this day (April 15) in 1999!

ASHOOR
-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline Crocodile Bani

• Special Member
  • Formerly Moja Moja
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 09:13:50 AM »
Coincidentally, enough, today is our 19th anniversary. Assyrian Voice was founded on this day (April 15) in 1999!

ASHOOR
Congratulations.  Still remember a young Ashoor telling me what an awesome website I had.  Such a compliment considering what you have achieved in the last 19 years.
Back in Darwin for the 2nd time in my life.  Originally from Sydney (Fairfield area), lived in Vanuatu, Japan (twice), Thailand and Darwin once previously.  Western Sydney Wanderers fan as well as Parramatta Eels.  Veteran of 3 World Cups (1994, 2006 and 2010).

Offline Kelba

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 04:42:06 AM »
Congrats Ashoor. Crazy to think you have run the website for so long. It may literally be in the top 10% of oldest websites still active on the web or something

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 09:56:01 PM »
Congrats Ashoor. Crazy to think you have run the website for so long. It may literally be in the top 10% of oldest websites still active on the web or something

for real

Offline atourina

• I Am The Best :)
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 11:18:58 AM »

ASHOOR

Congrats!

**Mean Girls Club**

Offline Crocodile Bani

• Special Member
  • Formerly Moja Moja
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2018, 10:21:06 PM »
I think Ashoor will eventually beat Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger's record.

Offline Phenomenon

• Mid-Level Member
    • Personal Site
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2018, 02:50:30 PM »
I come in and read sometimes.

As mentioned, busy with life, work and family. 4 kids for god's sake :)

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2018, 06:58:12 PM »
I come in and read sometimes.

As mentioned, busy with life, work and family. 4 kids for god's sake :)

understandable :)

Help us Turn Inactive Members into Active Ones

Started by ASHOORBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 32
Views: 2254
Last post May 10, 2006, 06:18:43 AM
by BARTH-IL
For the sexually active women...

Started by MarboushBoard Classic Threads

Replies: 54
Views: 23488
Last post June 20, 2006, 02:46:36 PM
by Enki
List of active Assyrians

Started by PhiruelBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 21
Views: 2586
Last post November 02, 2006, 05:27:03 PM
by Free_Assyria
The best way to get the youth more active ....?

Started by PhiruelBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 4
Views: 657
Last post November 19, 2006, 10:12:30 PM
by baklawa
The Active Heart

Started by ClaridyBoard Religion and Spirituality

Replies: 0
Views: 597
Last post August 25, 2008, 12:32:28 PM
by Claridy
Templates: 4: index (default), Ads (default), Display (default), SimTopics (default).
Sub templates: 12: init, html_above, adsheaders_above, body_above, adsindex_above, simtopics_above, main, simtopics_below, adsindex_below, body_below, adsheaders_below, html_below.
Language files: 8: index+Modifications.english (default), index+Modifications.english-utf8 (default), markItUp.english (default), markItUp.english-utf8 (default), SimTopics.english (default), SimTopics.english-utf8 (default), Ads.english (default), Ads.english-utf8 (default).
Style sheets: 0: .
Files included: 29 - 939KB. (show)
Queries used: 28.

[Show Queries]