Author Topic: Elections Canada -- What does it mean to Assyrian Canadians  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Victoria

Elections Canada -- What does it mean to Assyrian Canadians
« on: January 12, 2006, 10:38:16 PM »
hello there, my name is victoria and i'm a new member from london ontario canada. this is to assyrian canadians what do you think about this elections and who do you think will win this time? :argue:

Offline shoemaker

• Special Member
  • Dont look at me.
    • http://www.TOUFFFF.com/org
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 10:43:07 PM »
hi  :mrgreen:

i just hop the fiberals dont win again. that would be as bad as the US voting in bush twice in a row.

okay maybe not THAT bad...but still bad.

I hate everyone on this forum, including you...

Offline babylonx

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 10:43:45 PM »
Welcome to AVN and you should post stuff like this in the serious discussion forum! :mrgreen:

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 10:43:45 PM »

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 10:45:49 PM »
Welcome here Victoria :)

She is new, so she is not aware of the rules, so this is excused for some time  :lol:

All I will say is: Go Harper, and I have done my homework to say this.

For Assyrians? well I would have to think Liberals would be better with all their immigration rules, as opposed to the more hard liner conservatives.

ASHOOR
-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline BeLLaMaFIa

• Ultimate AVNer
  • *good times w/ the bestest friends*
    • http://www.assyriaonline.com/gallery/bellamafia
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 10:48:57 PM »
welcome and i'm not from tehre so i have no clue  :mrgreen:
I :2hearts: Zina!!!!

Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.

Offline ultoMa

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 11:09:45 PM »
As usual, it's a matter of choosing the lesser of the evils....

i'm not voting myself, but i do know that if the conservatives come into power...we are all screwed.

Just look at the face of harper, he has evil written all over him, that no good lying prick.

In conclusion, welcome to the forums victoria :)

Offline Alchemist

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 11:32:45 PM »
as long as conservatives are only in power for one term, it'll be alright... they'll wont be completely messed up because they dont wanna completely ruin their chances in the next election ... i think they'll be good... and that slap in teh face should be enough for the liberals to smarten up..... so vote conservatives this time.. liberals next time...

Offline BD

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 11:56:03 PM »
Even if the centre-left party in a democracy plays up, which it has been doing in Canada, it still is not a reason to vote them out.

Being a left-leaning guy myself....I am biased in saying this.

I think all you Canadians should vote liberal.

Even though centre-left parties f*ck it up and make mistakes, lets remember that their INTENT is always true. Centre-left parties around the world were formed against the existing conservatives who had indirect INTENT of creating injustice.

I would only vote conservative if the centre-left government in the country done something malicious with intent. Economies manage themselves these days, society still needs the steering hand of a good (left-wing) government.

Thanks.

Offline BLUEICE

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 11:56:08 PM »
Victoria, ASL please
Why tip someone for a job I'm capable of doing myself? I can deliver food. I can drive a taxi. I can, and do, cut my own hair. I did however, tip my urologist, because I am unable to pulverize my own kidney stones. - Dwight Schrute

Offline atourina

• I Am The Best :)
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 09:11:10 AM »
Hey Victoria... welcome.. another Londoner :clap: :mrgreen:

to me... the elections mean nothing... no matter who wins... we're gonna get screwed over anyways.. i hate voting.. and if i wasnt getting nagged on by everyone.. i wouldnt vote   :ban:

**Mean Girls Club**

Offline rumrum

• http://www.ramsen.net
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 12:29:46 PM »
I actually caught the debate the other day by accident on tv....

Liberals sounded good, and what's that other party? the NDP? or somethin like that?  The dude from Bloc Quebec just sounded off and shouldn't have even been there.  The 'Conservatives' sounded much like the ones we got here.

Offline KhIgGaAaAaAa

• Mid-Level Member
  • GAWAR POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 12:37:22 PM »
Victoria, ASL please

haha look at this guy lol always keepin on eye out for the fresh meat lol
Hooooy nazeh, nazeh, nazeh
hoooy nazeh shqilteyt libbee
la hoya shumthut libbee
dowkhineh qatekh khubee

hoooy nazeh bratit thoora
la daryet libbee noora
bit hawin qatekh khowra

hoooy nazeh bratit shara
belbooseyt mekh doh sahra
khazinekh b zreqtit bahra

Offline carro

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2006, 12:37:28 PM »
Quote from: BeLLaMaFIa
welcome and i'm not from tehre so i have no clue  :mrgreen:

same here  :giggle:

but                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     :welcome3:

Offline David

• Special Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2006, 01:01:19 PM »
Quote from: BLUEICE
Victoria, ASL please

:lmao:
"It is dreadful when something weighs on your mind, not to have a soul to unburden yourself to. You know what I mean. I tell my piano the things I used to tell you." -Frediric Chopin

www.assyrianaid.org | www.aancoalition.org

Offline Enki

• Ron Paul 2012
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2006, 01:03:52 PM »
You want an American state? Vote Conservative!

You want a unified Canadian Country? Vote Liberal.

You want to throw away your vote? Vote NDP.

Its very simple why you should vote Liberal! Unemployment has been at its lowest in decades! Interest rates at their lowest in almost 100 years! Our dollar is at 86 cents US also its highest in 10+ years! Our stock market value is also higher and more stable than the US surpasing the 11,000 mark while the US still hovers below it.

Our economy is doing amazing! Budget surplus is great! With all the spending Harper promises to make, Canada will get itself into a deficit. Yes in the short term it might look good. Military spending is great....if you want to go to war! I do agree we should maintain some dignity in our military, but there is no need for Canada to get into an arms race with anybody, let alone itself.

The biggest change, and all parties have addressed this, is the gun crime laws and changes to be made to it. All parties did say they'll do something about it, but we'll see who actually DOES something about it.

In anycase, its looking more and more like a conservative minority. Which would devistate Canada and I dont want that to happen.

He has allowed Quebec for "more voice" in Canada and the Quebec sovernest movement has grown unbelievably over the past year.

Quebec wants to be independant. Not only is that a messed up thing on their part, but if Harper gets into power, it will not only happen, but ruin both the Canadian economic/social life as well as Quebecs economic/social life.

Remember, if Quebec is an independant country, you would need to have border guards/crossings at every major artery going in and out of quebec. So you have a whole bunch in Ontario, New Foundland, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick (i think). Thats just one of the problems, the second problem would be for Canada.

Mainland Canada would be broken off from New Foundland, PEI, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick. Affecting all of their economies.

A division by Quebec will also cause a revolt in Alberta, who have been talking about independance for a few years now as well, although not as deeply as the French. A division by Quebec would also jeopordize our relations with the Albertians. Who, as we all know, are the ones with the oil!

The only major argument against the Liberals would be the sponsorship scandal. You guys all know the goverment is corrupt! Everyone burns our tax dollars but none of them get caught. Unfortunatly they got caught this time. But that still does not mean they are an incapable government. I personaly could care less if they lost 100 million of our tax dollars. Big deal! The amount of money that has been generated by our economy is phenominal!

Oh and one last thing, a tax break on the GST will do absolutly nothing for us! Tax break on income taxes is what we need. Remember, we get a pay check every week or two! A tax cut on that would increase our overall income thus allowing us to spend more!
"If you don't want to be criticized, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing!"

Offline rumrum

• http://www.ramsen.net
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2006, 04:57:34 PM »
Listen to the man!

Offline JooJee

• Down to ride till the very end..
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2006, 05:16:10 PM »
:yucky:
When the world seems to shine, like you've had too much wine...that's Amore... <3

Offline steelcity_guy19

• Special Member
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2006, 05:18:57 PM »
welcome, and i hate liberals.

Halloween Party - 5 Nov 2005 (Assyrian Society of Canada)

Started by SalemBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 24
Views: 2381
Last post October 26, 2005, 05:59:59 PM
by ashur_
It says Assyrian society of Canada, but is it?

Started by TorontoJIGGABoard Chit Chat

Replies: 18
Views: 1134
Last post October 27, 2005, 10:38:59 PM
by Winged Bull
RE: Halloween Party-5 Nov 2005 (Assyrian Society of Canada)

Started by CookieBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 22
Views: 1804
Last post November 01, 2005, 09:31:55 AM
by Assy Gal
Sunday November 6th - Assyrian Society of Canada

Started by Winged BullBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 5
Views: 908
Last post November 03, 2005, 12:45:17 PM
by Winged Bull
MIss universe (miss canada is assyrian)