Author Topic: Why are we expected to marry other Assyrians?  (Read 3662 times)

Offline Joe25

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
Re: Why are we expected to marry other Assyrians?
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2016, 02:58:04 PM »
Either way this is a situation that does occur in the Assyrian community at times so it's a valid issue to bring up.

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2016, 04:33:15 PM »
Either way this is a situation that does occur in the Assyrian community at times so it's a valid issue to bring up.

a valid issue that always explodes into arguments :)

I think our Semitic friends from the Western portion of the Middle East can help shed some light with their own experiences on this issue.

"http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/judaica/ejud_0002_0002_0_01522.html"

As members of the upper strata of Jewish society in Central and Western Europe became assimilated, they left their positions of leadership in the autonomous Jewish body, thereby weakening it further. Other Jews in less influential positions followed their example.

Jewish intellectuals who accepted the values and criteria of the Enlightenment and Christian culture and society tended to regard the Jewish counterpart as barren and primitive. Their attitude became devastatingly critical. They measured the Jewish past and culture by alien and historically inimical standards.

The ideology of assimilation gained momentum in the first half of the 19th century as it developed an eschatological message. This trend was part of the new direction which assimilation took when projected on the intense nationalistic society and state that prevailed in Europe with the romantic movement.

The former nexus between the Jewish people and its religion and law was rejected; attempts were made to purge the Jewish religion of its nationalistic elements in order to relieve individual Jews in dispersion of the sense of being an alien and an exile.

Offline Kosovo1389

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2016, 08:36:50 PM »
I will add my 2 cents here, and just remind everyone that I simply will not marry a girl who is not Assyrian, I refuse to do such thing. End of story.
Zivjela Srbija.

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2016, 08:36:50 PM »

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2016, 10:36:44 AM »
I will add my 2 cents here, and just remind everyone that I simply will not marry a girl who is not Assyrian, I refuse to do such thing. End of story.
you have to add why or else the fake Assyrian girl will whine at you.

Offline Cascade

• Many waters cannot quench love.
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2016, 11:46:15 AM »
Why do you say+think that Anid?

I won't lie, it's possible considering this girl doesn't know Assyrian yet she can understand it?

remember that she says "I don't speak the language. I simply forgot. I can understand it but I can't speak it."

how do you forget to speak a language that you can understand?

Secondly, WHAT IF this is a guy who wants to marry a non-Assyrian girl and he's basically reversing the entire situation to get a different answer or understanding?
You're being too paranoid. Lol...

The OP is real, otherwise she wouldn't be that passionate, writing a dozen of posts.
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2016, 12:11:58 PM »
You're being too paranoid. Lol...

The OP is real, otherwise she wouldn't be that passionate, writing a dozen of posts.

how are you so sure though? the OP hasn't replied to this post or even used common Assyrian words.

even my cousins that don't know Assyrian still say words like azizee or aziztee or any kind of other words.

How would one not know Assyrian but understand, but not use any kind of word at all?

Offline Kebabsås

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2016, 07:50:27 PM »
Why was my comment about Daquan removed? racist blyat i am offended
 :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:
cyka bläääät

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2016, 08:58:55 PM »
Why was my comment about Daquan removed? racist blyat i am offended
 :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Because Daquan sounds like the worst Assyrian name ° ͜ʖ °

Offline Cascade

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2016, 09:30:01 PM »
how are you so sure though? the OP hasn't replied to this post or even used common Assyrian words.

even my cousins that don't know Assyrian still say words like azizee or aziztee or any kind of other words.

How would one not know Assyrian but understand, but not use any kind of word at all?
You seem so sure too.

Have you seen Domanic and myself using Assyrian words? I mean, I've done it, but very rarely. In fact, many Assyrian users rarely use Assyrian words here.

I guess some people don't like calling strangers azizee/aziztee? First time seeing you using these words towards someone in here, btw. So it's not like you use Assyrian words a lot too here.
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Offline Etain

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2016, 10:48:52 PM »
What does  azizee/aziztee mean anyways?
I have been posting here for some time and the only assyrian word I picked up is "erie"
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 10:50:19 PM by Etain »

Offline Googoo

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2016, 11:38:40 PM »
I have been posting here for some time and the only assyrian word I picked up is "erie"

My dear/darling/sweetheart or something in that sense, I would assume. Similar to the Arabic "azzizte/azzizi" and the Persian "azzizam" :)

Offline Googoo

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2016, 11:43:49 PM »
Well, if that's what you want then do talk to your parents in a reasonable and respectful way to convince them, don't be too stubborn about it. Try to put yourself in their place and understand the reasons why they don't want you to be with him and try to put them in your place so that they can understand why you want him. :)

Good luck! Not every Assyrian out there is culturally bound to dating Assyrians or not dating at all, don't generalize.  :)

Offline Cascade

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2016, 11:57:36 PM »
^And Etain just proved my point. We rarely use Assyrian words in here.

You're just irked because the OP didn't "azizee" you back.  :mrgreen:

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2016, 12:08:19 AM »
You seem so sure too.

Have you seen Domanic and myself using Assyrian words? I mean, I've done it, but very rarely. In fact, many Assyrian users rarely use Assyrian words here.

I guess some people don't like calling strangers azizee/aziztee? First time seeing you using these words towards someone in here, btw. So it's not like you use Assyrian words a lot too here.

I'm sure because you cannot prove a negative...

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2016, 12:10:05 AM »
My dear/darling/sweetheart or something in that sense, I would assume. Similar to the Arabic "azzizte/azzizi" and the Persian "azzizam" :)
theoretically, Aziza in classical Syriac means strong, powerful but in modern dialects, we use the Arabic sense.

I wonder why that is.

Offline Cascade

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2016, 12:33:05 AM »
I'm sure because you cannot prove a negative...
And you can't prove that the OP is a fake.

Goes either way.

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2016, 01:37:58 AM »
And you can't prove that the OP is a fake.

Goes either way.

not really why should I prove the OP is fake when the OP should be proving they're not.

In a trial, do you try to prove the murderer is innocent when he or she pleads not guilty?

Offline Cascade

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2016, 03:23:28 AM »
not really why should I prove the OP is fake when the OP should be proving they're not.

In a trial, do you try to prove the murderer is innocent when he or she pleads not guilty?

Unfair comparison. If the OP is fake then so is everybody in here. We're all anonymous here, besides two people.

You can see how passionate and persistent she was, talking about her life experience and such. I know troll threads and the likes. They come here with a brief, controversial statement and remain absent throughout the thread (to stir up conflict with the rest of us). She was relatively active. She answered some of your stuff. What more do want?

Not to mention, it's not like the subject matter was outlandish or anything. Assyrians are known to be homogeneous. We don't intermarry. Our parents want us to be with our kind. That's pretty much her background story, and it makes sense. Now if she came here with a bizarre "story" (i.e. "I'm an Assyrian adopted by Indians and living in India, help me get out"), then yes, I would probably think that she's a fake person.

Offline Anid

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2016, 04:24:48 AM »
Why do you say+think that Anid?

I won't lie, it's possible considering this girl doesn't know Assyrian yet she can understand it?

remember that she says "I don't speak the language. I simply forgot. I can understand it but I can't speak it."

how do you forget to speak a language that you can understand?

Secondly, WHAT IF this is a guy who wants to marry a non-Assyrian girl and he's basically reversing the entire situation to get a different answer or understanding?

Yeah that AND because of ''her'' username 'PierceThePatriarchy' it's too obvious lmao. It's probably someone that hates Assyrians. but if OP is genuine then this is a matter of communication with her parents. Her parents being ''being controlling and unreasonable'' is out of our hands. Plus it'd be like me going to a Christian forum complaining that my parents don't like me dating a Muslim. Especially since our population is like 2-3 million? and someone from our community has the nerve to ask WHY we're expected to be with our own kind??

People who strongly believe Assyrians should only marry other Assyrians

Started by Assyrian NationalistBoard Serious Topics and Discussions

Replies: 27
Views: 2965
Last post April 13, 2017, 02:11:44 AM
by Cascade
Should Assyrians date/marry non-Assyrians or only Assyrians?

Started by SonOfAssyriaBoard Serious Topics and Discussions

Replies: 15
Views: 397
Last post December 13, 2017, 10:07:01 PM
by mrzurnaci
Assyrians For Truth & Jusice Program Today

Started by sydneydudeBoard Culture & History

Replies: 87
Views: 13234
Last post March 01, 2006, 08:10:50 PM
by Senator_Danavi
Ethnic Cleansing of Assyrians Continues in Iraq

Started by Free_AssyriaBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 0
Views: 1251
Last post March 01, 2007, 04:07:56 PM
by Free_Assyria
Assyrians in North America have an Accent. Those in Australia & Europe don't!

Started by ASHOORBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 44
Views: 7901
Last post June 13, 2015, 12:25:15 AM
by Cascade