Author Topic: Israeli agents training Kurdish Peshmerga  (Read 3697 times)

Offline sydneydude

• Mid-Level Member
  • making no mistakes determines certain victory
    • http://myspace.com/peteresho
Israeli agents training Kurdish Peshmerga
« on: October 02, 2006, 11:46:02 PM »
Kurdish authorities have been using Israeli personnel to train security forces in Iraq, the BBC's Newsnight programme has found.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolavconsole/ifs_news/hi/newsid_5360000/newsid_5362100/nb_wm_5362148.stm

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
Re: Israeli agents training Kurdish Peshmerga
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 11:48:34 PM »
Yeah bro all big boys are helping the Kurds.

Jews, Americans and the English.
"The World has no glory without the Assyrians"

Offline David

• Special Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 12:24:29 AM »
...even more reason for us to work with the Kurds rather than against them.
"It is dreadful when something weighs on your mind, not to have a soul to unburden yourself to. You know what I mean. I tell my piano the things I used to tell you." -Frediric Chopin

www.assyrianaid.org | www.aancoalition.org

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 12:24:29 AM »

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 12:26:38 AM »
...even more reason for us to work with the Kurds rather than against them.

Maybe even more reason to work with the big boys instead?

The kurds and us have conflicting interests its never going to work out.

Believe me I wish it could be that way David but you can’t work with lions.

Offline 2AMAZU

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 01:30:15 AM »
lool kurds r the r the worst people to trust man..they r all snakes and all they do is bit-ch and stabe u in the back..i know how they r coz i use to live with them dogs

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 01:36:42 AM »
lool kurds r the r the worst people to trust man..they r all snakes and all they do is bit-ch and stabe u in the back..i know how they r coz i use to live with them dogs

:thumbup:

Offline David

• Special Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 01:36:49 AM »

Well I'm all ears if the Americans and the English want to help Assyrians, but since I don't think we are anything more than a mere checkbox on a much larger "to-do" list I highly doubt the big dogs will listen to us.
"It is dreadful when something weighs on your mind, not to have a soul to unburden yourself to. You know what I mean. I tell my piano the things I used to tell you." -Frediric Chopin

Offline 2AMAZU

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 01:43:00 AM »
Well I'm all ears if the Americans and the English want to help Assyrians, but since I don't think we are anything more than a mere checkbox on a much larger "to-do" list I highly doubt the big dogs will listen to us.

i will answer that for u my brother...american and english will help the kurds and make them powerfull not to stop the war or anything oh no they starting them with the iraqi muslims coz they hate eachother from the first day.....one day we will get assyria back and it will be the best place on earth :mrgreen:

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 01:44:12 AM »
Wait.. wait.. even more reasons to just give up and just become Kurds!  :2hearts:

I dont think David meant it like that. But what he needs to understand is that the Kurds intentions are evil and if they had it their way in 20 years time the word "Assyrian" or "Assyria" would only be found in book at the library.

LOL @ david  -----bro I said big boys not big dogs lolololol

Offline David

• Special Member
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 01:45:49 AM »
Wait.. wait.. even more reasons to just give up and just become Kurds!  :2hearts:

:doh:

Thanks for clearing that up Driv3r.

Offline Doooshaaa

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 02:36:24 AM »
Jews have a country, Americans obviously have a country (two influencial countries, America being the most powerful)...Assyrians, on the other hand have a country, but it does not belong to them. The only leadership America spots in Iraq is a bunch of Kurds. So they hand their money over to the Kurds, they promise to hand down some money to the Assyrian or should I say "Christian" minorities. A method they learned that shows America, oh hey look, they are helping the Chrisitians, that sure is nice of them! LOL The kurds only care for themselves.

We are a melting pot. And from our past history with the Kurds, trusting them is rather difficult to do, in fact, we shouldnt trust them at all. They have their own agenda that some of our people are easily falling for. Once they get their hands on the Nineveh plains...they will turn around and forget about the Assyrians (Christian minorities). Drop us like a bad habit!

"The term Assyrian is one single unity. The approach of this oneness of all Assyrians regardless of their religious adherence, is through the avenue of blood, and through the majesty of common memories. Religion is a faith acquired and is changeable. Nationality is one's flesh and blood; it is his total nature. Even death cannot undo this." David Barsum Perley

Offline RadRides

• Special Member
  • bar-b-que-nin king
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 02:50:06 AM »
It's kool, we'll train our brave Zowaa militia with the aid of martial artists and in all forms of them.  I say they start off with Kendo, then progress to Jeet Kune Do.  Manshee Krav Maga.  Israeli's can't compete.   :blink:

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 02:55:45 AM »
It's kool, we'll train our brave Zowaa militia with the aid of martial artists and in all forms of them.  I say they start off with Kendo, then progress to Jeet Kune Do.  Manshee Krav Maga.  Israeli's can't compete.   :blink:

Man all they need is Ninjutsu. No one around my area teaches Ninjutsu  :ranting: :ranting:

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 02:56:36 AM »
missgeenah sydneydude we have hijacked his thread  :bigarmhug:

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 03:51:01 AM »
When was the last time we actually had a Recognised Country? some dates would be appreciated!!!!

613 BC ??

Offline Phiruel

• moi
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 05:40:01 AM »
When was the last time the kurds had a state??? Does anyone know when it was the first time they were mentioned in history???

I know it's of topic but just quick question
... Assyria is where I am from ...

Offline ISay

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 06:33:19 AM »

I prefer to think of Assyrians as being the lions and the Kurds as being the hyenas.  :loool:  The hyenas are bold in large numbers and come and steal the lions' kill.  In other words, they try to take away what is not theirs to begin with.  

Offline Phiruel

• moi
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 06:52:35 AM »
It's easy to talk for those who don't live in Iraq but for those who live there the only thing to do is to live with their neigbours and i don't think that's a bad idea ...

We relied to long on the help from outside and we should face it if we don't work from inside and work together with the people around us we will never have a peacefull place for the assyrians in the homeland.

And pshmerga getting trained by the isrealis it's old news this has been going on for a long time ... don't forget we got trained by the british back then who weren't much then the israelis are now ... we'll see how this will end for the kurdish for us it was very tragedic... we got betrayled
... Assyria is where I am from ...

Offline sydneydude

• Mid-Level Member
  • making no mistakes determines certain victory
    • http://myspace.com/peteresho
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2006, 07:15:24 AM »
I prefer to think of Assyrians as being the lions and the Kurds as being the hyenas.  :loool:  The hyenas are bold in large numbers and come and steal the lions' kill.  In other words, they try to take away what is not theirs to begin with. 

i know you were just giving us all a simile but i dont think comparing our people to animals helps.

i have said it before and will say it again. as humans we have to live with other religions, races and nationalities. there is nothing wrong with living alongside Kurds in Northern Iraq in a civilised community. as long as each minority has their human rights and privilages im sure the Assyrian Chaldean Syriac people can start to put the past behind them. however, there is a big problem with Kurds when they oppress our rights and try to hijack our identity to manufacture this Christian Kurd ethnicity. the former we can accept but the latter is definately something we will never.

the reason why we have such resentment towards the Kurds today is because they seek to undermine our institutions - political and religous - with money that isnt even theirs. we cannot be ignorant enough to just accept these injustices because the Kurds have today established some level of autonomy. we must pledge our support behind every organisation fighting to uphold our basic human rights. if you think Zowaa is trying to fulfill this then support Zowaa with everything you have. if you think some other body is the tool then support them with what you can. but remember support those who uphold our rights!

nobody in the international community, not even the Kurds, will respect us if we sacrafice our human rights for the sake of forging close relationships. people will look at us as the laughing stock of the world. while having given so many martyrs over the decades and having been slaughtered in hundreds of thousands we stand today with the tools of democracy and hand our rights away to a bunch of men who have assumed power into their hands. look at the armenians, they became federated with the Russians under the former soviet republic but they didnt stop upholding their rights. they didnt sell themselves out but molded into a system while upholding everything they believed in. today they have a country and never stop to rally the Turkish government into accepting its attrocities.

lets learn a little bit from those around us. God Bless Zowaa, our only democratically elected voice in Iraq (remember kurdistan is still in iraq) and all those who continue to fight for our rights in the homeland. 

Offline dlty01

• Keep Churches out of Politics
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2006, 10:26:17 AM »
When was the last time the kurds had a state??? Does anyone know when it was the first time they were mentioned in history???

I know it's of topic but just quick question

Quick and admittedly biased history of Kurds, although I have read the book she references - basically, they claim a history of about 5000 years, but no historian backs this claim.  More correct is about 1,000 years of history:

http://www.zindamagazine.com/html/archives/2006/05.24.06/index_wed.php#assyriaadvocate
"Why am I an Assyrian?  Because my parents were.  Additionally, I am an Assyrian because I feel it a sacred destiny to be one.  One is an Assyrian not only because of the accident of birth.  The will to be an Assyrian involves more than being the child of Assyrian parents."

- David Barsum Perley

Offline ISay

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2006, 11:04:32 AM »
i know you were just giving us all a simile but i dont think comparing our people to animals helps.

It may not help us get our homeland.  But I still like the simile, don't you?  :)
I admire the lions.  They are strong, fearless, and will fight to the death to protect their family.  If we were to liken our people to an animal (with all due respect of course), what better animal to choose from than a lion, who so happens to make up part of the body of the Assyrian Winged Bull?

Offline mr. tamiz

• "Cleans you're whole house and everything in it"
    • HG Mar Bawai
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2006, 04:49:10 PM »
When was the last time we actually had a Recognised Country? some dates would be appreciated!!!!

almost spot on driv3r:

The Babylonian king Nabopolassar, along with Cyaxares the Mede, finally destroyed Nineveh in 612 BC, and Assyria fell.  The assyrians had conquered many peoples, and though aquiring land they also seemed to make numerous enemies.  the armies and provinces were exhausted and could not fend of the babylonians in their final attack...

so its been a good 2600 years since assyria...lol...it would indeed take a miracle to get it back!

Offline Nina

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2006, 02:05:35 PM »

Hyenas is more like it.
ASSYRIA not a mere name but a state of mind,existence,history and identity

Templates: 4: index (default), Ads (default), Display (default), SimTopics (default).
Sub templates: 12: init, html_above, adsheaders_above, body_above, adsindex_above, simtopics_above, main, simtopics_below, adsindex_below, body_below, adsheaders_below, html_below.
Language files: 8: index+Modifications.english (default), index+Modifications.english-utf8 (default), markItUp.english (default), markItUp.english-utf8 (default), SimTopics.english (default), SimTopics.english-utf8 (default), Ads.english (default), Ads.english-utf8 (default).
Style sheets: 0: .
Files included: 29 - 939KB. (show)
Queries used: 25.

[Show Queries]