Author Topic: Very nice article about our ppl in Iraq  (Read 595 times)

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
Very nice article about our ppl in Iraq
« on: December 18, 2010, 08:22:18 AM »
http://jhvonline.com/assyrians-in-iraq-face-a-stark-choice-convert-die-or-leave-p10247-96.htm

I especially like this part:

“More important than local police forces, what we are trying to achieve is the implementation of Article 125 in the Iraqi Constitution that allows for the implementation of a local administrative unit,” said Dr. Abbo. “This would allow minorities to administer their local affairs. We’d like to see the development of an administrative unit in the Nineveh Plain, the area where the greatest number of Assyrians still lives.
“Even if things quiet down, the opportunities for the next generation of Assyrian children may not be there. We’re finished as a community in Baghdad, at least for several generations. The only alternative I see is to create an Assyrian center in the Nineveh Plain. We’re not talking about autonomy or an independent state, but a place that is sustainable with a growing economy. We could sustain a community in such a place.

The Rights of Assyrians -UN Declaration
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDtB12aA8I

The existence of the Assyrian Nation & Nationality is a fact
http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=36862.0

̈I´m not interested in helping our ppl because I´m nationalistic, I´m interested because our ppl NEED help!

Offline khayaatour

• lova dat
Re: Very nice article about our ppl in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 11:01:43 AM »
http://jhvonline.com/assyrians-in-iraq-face-a-stark-choice-convert-die-or-leave-p10247-96.htm

I especially like this part:

“More important than local police forces, what we are trying to achieve is the implementation of Article 125 in the Iraqi Constitution that allows for the implementation of a local administrative unit,” said Dr. Abbo. “This would allow minorities to administer their local affairs. We’d like to see the development of an administrative unit in the Nineveh Plain, the area where the greatest number of Assyrians still lives.
“Even if things quiet down, the opportunities for the next generation of Assyrian children may not be there. We’re finished as a community in Baghdad, at least for several generations. The only alternative I see is to create an Assyrian center in the Nineveh Plain. We’re not talking about autonomy or an independent state, but a place that is sustainable with a growing economy. We could sustain a community in such a place.

How good is this? does this mean we will get an Assyrian region under Iraqi government? or Kurdish one?

what did our politicians get alone together in their meeting in Arbil?

Offline ASHUR

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 12:20:46 PM »
GREAT WORK AANC!!!!!!  :yourock:
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 12:20:46 PM »

A nice article about AKitu/new year

Started by PhiruelBoard Culture & History

Replies: 0
Views: 787
Last post March 30, 2006, 08:23:32 AM
by Phiruel
"A New Genocide? Cleansing Iraq of Christians" Article in Barnabas Fund Magazine

Started by Johnny_GBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 1
Views: 1337
Last post November 03, 2006, 10:46:41 AM
by MalekthaA2RETA
Article in "The Catholic Herald" about the plight of our people in Iraq

Started by Johnny_GBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 5
Views: 1391
Last post April 02, 2007, 05:12:48 PM
by Rumtaya
Beautiful Article About Cardinal Emmanuel Delly Reviving Christianity in Iraq

Started by Shams Al HurriyahBoard Religion and Spirituality

Replies: 3
Views: 911
Last post November 24, 2007, 11:52:13 AM
by John_5_24
This Nice Hotel is in Erbil, Iraq (With Pictures)

Started by ASHOORBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 20
Views: 1174
Last post November 12, 2008, 06:52:58 AM
by Merengues