Author Topic: What does Mario Shabow need to do to get game time? Bassa Kheena!  (Read 132 times)

Offline Crocodile Bani

• Special Member
  • Formerly Moja Moja
    • Bani Pera
Like most Western Sydney Wanderers fans, I have been frustrated this season with their poor play.  As an Assyrian fan of the Western Sydney Wanderers, I am constantly being frustrated with the lack of game time given to young Assyrian, Mario Shabow.

I would understand if the team was doing well and the coach did not want to interrupt a winning team's cohesion.  But the team has been terrible.  On top of this, we have had Asian Champions League commitments, so it was important to use the squad during this very busy time, yet he has hardly been seen.

This season, he has not played a single minute of A-League but he got a 20 minute run in the Asian Champions League (against Urawa Reds).  That's right.  He is not good enough to play in a domestic league but good enough to play in the biggest competition on the Asian continent.  Is the coach serious? 

What does the boy need to do to get a run?  How long will the coach persist with an attacking combination which is just not working, while they have on their books the undisputed star of the future? 

I hope the boys do well tonight against FC Seoul and I hope Mario Shabow gets a run this weekend in the A-League, even if it is as a substitute.

Back in Darwin for the 2nd time in my life.  Originally from Sydney (Fairfield area), lived in Vanuatu, Japan (twice), Thailand and Darwin once previously.  Western Sydney Wanderers fan as well as Parramatta Eels.  Veteran of 3 World Cups (*1994, 2006 and 2010).

Offline J-ROK

• Mid-Level Member
Re: What does Mario Shabow need to do to get game time? Bassa Kheena!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 03:02:34 AM »
He needs to train with me to find his GINJA.. u know this bani

Offline Bronit Omta

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 10:04:12 AM »
He got released and signed with Newcastle Jets. Hopefully he gets more game time.

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 10:04:12 AM »

Offline Crocodile Bani

• Special Member
  • Formerly Moja Moja
    • Bani Pera
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 12:13:02 PM »
I know.  Sad really.  Mario Shabow was one of the people who attended the Wanderers first ever match against Nepean FC.  This was before they even had a team and they played the game using a team of trialists.  He is a Wanderer forever, only he will play against us next year.  The club is in his heart, unlike several other players who played this season and played with no heart at all.
Back in Darwin for the 2nd time in my life.  Originally from Sydney (Fairfield area), lived in Vanuatu, Japan (twice), Thailand and Darwin once previously.  Western Sydney Wanderers fan as well as Parramatta Eels.  Veteran of 3 World Cups (*1994, 2006 and 2010).

Funnest Game ever! (Good time killer)

Started by TheJuanBoard Jokes and Games

Replies: 4
Views: 549
Last post March 06, 2007, 07:16:06 PM
by Ashuriena
Mario Shabow, 17 years old

Started by AnidBoard Sports

Replies: 9
Views: 1042
Last post March 23, 2016, 09:47:37 AM
by Neon
This is gonna be one of the GREATEST movies of all-time.

Started by Borat_RespekBoard Music & Arts

Replies: 7
Views: 1275
Last post March 20, 2006, 04:51:20 PM
by shoemaker
Leafs Game on CBC on Tuesday?

Started by ASHOORBoard Sports

Replies: 22
Views: 2165
Last post December 28, 2005, 12:55:06 AM
by shoemaker
Sweden and Finland hockey game...