Author Topic: Ultimate Brand New Syriac Alaph Bet chart (Teaches ALL Writing styles east+west)  (Read 2753 times)

Online mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
a HUGE improvement over my 3 older ones.

This puts Estrangela, Serto, and Madnkhaya writing styles into 1 chart AND teaches you how to use each style's vowel systems!

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Great job!

Ashoor
-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Online mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
Great job!

Ashoor

ASHOOR, can u sticky this?

Assyrian Voice Forum

Online mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
Can someone translate all the Latin/English characters and words in the chart to Arabic and Swedish? I'd like to be able to make this more available for Assyrians that can't read English or Latin letters.

Offline Kebabsås

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
Can someone translate all the Latin/English characters and words in the chart to Arabic and Swedish? I'd like to be able to make this more available for Assyrians that can't read English or Latin letters.
**** is this chart
cyka bläääät

Online mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
**** is this chart

It's a Sureth chart I made -_- and it needs translating for other Assyrians around the world.

Online mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
Nobody wants to help translate it?

I need the following translations:

Arabic
Swedish
Dutch
Russian
Hebrew
French
German
Armenian
Farsi
Greek
Turkish
and Spanish

To help with this, I uploaded a blank version of the Syriac Diagram chart for editing - http://assyrianic.deviantart.com/art/Syriac-Diagram-Chart-Editable-505516300

I'm also going to require translations for the Syriac Braille Chart too - http://assyrianic.deviantart.com/art/Cuneiform-Braille-for-the-Syriac-Language-493410338 Same languages as listed too.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 01:19:53 PM by mrzurnaci »

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Zurnaci, first of all, great job on developing and constantly updating this chart.

I can do the Arabic translation if I ever get time. Can you just clarify what exactly you need translated or is it everything in the chart?

p.s: it is now a sticky so more people can see it.
-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Online mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
Zurnaci, first of all, great job on developing and constantly updating this chart.

I can do the Arabic translation if I ever get time. Can you just clarify what exactly you need translated or is it everything in the chart?

p.s: it is now a sticky so more people can see it.

All I need is the English and Latin-lettered parts translated, basically anything and EVERYTHING that's NOT in Syriac/Sureth. including my name, name of the letters, and so on.

Offline AssyrianHistorian

• assyrian voice
great job, i downloaded it and will print it out :)

Offline Brata_Shleeta

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
a HUGE improvement over my 3 older ones.

This puts Estrangela, Serto, and Madnkhaya writing styles into 1 chart AND teaches you how to use each style's vowel systems!

Thanks for this !!!
I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
- Esho Msheekha/Yeshua/Jesus - John 14:6 -

Online Etain

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
It's interesting.After practicing Arabic or Syriac scripts, you start to think right to left. It  messes up your sense of direction a little bit.

Offline Asshur

I have a question regarding the pronounciation of the letter ܥ , why do the east Assyrians pronounce it as A when there is already Alap? I draw the conclusion that the right pronunciation of the letter ܥ is https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cd/Voiced_pharyngeal_fricative.ogg and not A , since Aramaic is a west Semitic language it simply makes sense that it would have this kind of sound in it's letter although Syriac is a east Aramaic dialect but that doesn't change the fact it's a west semitic language.

Please quote my comment if you find anything wrong with my statement.
I am Ashurbanipal, the great king, the mighty king, king of the universe, king of Assyria, king of the four quarters of the world; offspring of the loins of Esarhaddon, king of Assyria, viceroy of Babylon, king of Sumer and Akkad; grandson of Sennacherib, king of the universe, king of Assyria.

Online mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
I have a question regarding the pronounciation of the letter ܥ , why do the east Assyrians pronounce it as A when there is already Alap? I draw the conclusion that the right pronunciation of the letter ܥ is https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cd/Voiced_pharyngeal_fricative.ogg and not A , since Aramaic is a west Semitic language it simply makes sense that it would have this kind of sound in it's letter although Syriac is a east Aramaic dialect but that doesn't change the fact it's a west semitic language.

Please quote my comment if you find anything wrong with my statement.

if u remember, Assyrians spoke Akkadian before adopting Aramaic...

Akkadian, surprisingly, didn't have 'E and HHeth's original sound while it did have Teth and Sade...

Now just like Akkadian, Eastern Sureth dialects retain Teth and Sade but lost 'E and HHeth's original sounds...

Aramaic is West Semitic but Syriac is an Eastern/Mesopotamian dialect of Aramaic.

The loss of these sounds is likely due to our language eroding from the lack of prop standardization and the enforcing of that standardization from schools.

Offline Asshur

if u remember, Assyrians spoke Akkadian before adopting Aramaic...

Akkadian, surprisingly, didn't have 'E and HHeth's original sound while it did have Teth and Sade...

Now just like Akkadian, Eastern Sureth dialects retain Teth and Sade but lost 'E and HHeth's original sounds...

Aramaic is West Semitic but Syriac is an Eastern/Mesopotamian dialect of Aramaic.

The loss of these sounds is likely due to our language eroding from the lack of prop standardization and the enforcing of that standardization from schools.
Yes I agree on every point but I do not agree that the pronounciation of the Sureth Alphabet was affected by Akkadian which allegedelly triggered the ܚ to become Kheeth and the ܥ to become A. It's true that Syriac is an east semitic dialect of west semitic language, but that doesn't give a proper reason to make the 'E fall of or call the letter Heth for Kheth when we already have Kap with a dot under to make it kheth
I am Ashurbanipal, the great king, the mighty king, king of the universe, king of Assyria, king of the four quarters of the world; offspring of the loins of Esarhaddon, king of Assyria, viceroy of Babylon, king of Sumer and Akkad; grandson of Sennacherib, king of the universe, king of Assyria.

Online mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
Yes I agree on every point but I do not agree that the pronounciation of the Sureth Alphabet was affected by Akkadian which allegedelly triggered the ܚ to become Kheeth and the ܥ to become A. It's true that Syriac is an east semitic dialect of west semitic language, but that doesn't give a proper reason to make the 'E fall of or call the letter Heth for Kheth when we already have Kap with a dot under to make it kheth

I have one last theory that I thought up when I was showering (lol)

We likely lost these sounds because Eastern Assyrians had more contact with non-Arab/non-Semitic peoples (like Kurds, Armenians, Persians, Turks) that didn't have such sounds in their language.

Thus, we lost the HHeth and 'E sounds because we couldn't use them much, especially when we became a minority in our own native homeland.

Online mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube

To answer your question better than before.

'E sounds like "A" because, since it's unpronounced, all you hear is the vowel of the vowels that come before or after it.

Assyrian: East meets West

Started by PhiruelBoard Assyrian Language Center

Replies: 536
Views: 86484
Last post February 26, 2015, 06:42:45 PM
by babyloniad
"A Syrian Awakening: Alquosh and Urmia as Centers of Neo-Syriac Writing"

Started by AssyrianBahraBoard Culture & History

Replies: 8
Views: 2284
Last post October 15, 2008, 09:14:27 PM
by daniel