Author Topic: Fusion of Assyriska and Syrianska - Your opinions??  (Read 8391 times)

Offline AlexSuryoyo

Fusion of Assyriska and Syrianska - Your opinions??
« on: December 15, 2010, 05:57:02 PM »
As you know, we have 2 great teams in Sweden but the proverb "unity is strength" tells us that we can be stronger together. It can be very benefic for our economy, players, teams, more fans together, size of the team, become a bigger club in the Swedish league and maybe one day in uefa and champions league.

Do you think that our rivalry is too big to accomplish something of this magnitude?? Do you think it's a good idea and if not, why not??

I am Aramean

I am Assyrian

I am Chaldean

I am Mesopotamian

I AM BETH NAHRIN !!!!

Offline Hanuni

• Mid-Level Member
Re: Fusion of Assyriska and Syrianska - Your opinions??
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 06:02:21 PM »
The boards of both teams have had these discussions two times before. I hope sometime in the future we will merge :)
“Their enemies had realized their national potential long before the Assyrians themselves. The enemy was not afraid of good farmers, good parents, good church-going parishioners...the enemy was afraid of Assyrians wrapped in nationhood.”

-Mount Semele, Ivan Kakovitch

Offline Free_Assyria

• Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 06:06:22 PM »
I hope we never merge and give in to a fake made up identity i hope we always stay Assyrian and that’s it.
I want nothing to do with these radicals they have no respect for Swedish people or Assyrian people.
The day Assyriska stops being an Assyrian team I will mark that date as a very dark day in our history.
"The World has no glory without the Assyrians"

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 06:06:22 PM »

Offline AlexSuryoyo

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 06:09:49 PM »
Yes I heard something about that but no more, so if you have more informations, it'll be great.

From my point of view, it can be very positive for the teams but also for our people because it'll be the first fusion or step to unity between suryoye-othuroye or Arameans(syriacs) and Assyrians and it can be the beginning of a new era for our people  :)

But I have the impression that the fans are more pessimists, they hate each other no???
I am Aramean

I am Assyrian

I am Chaldean

I am Mesopotamian

I AM BETH NAHRIN !!!!

Offline AlexSuryoyo

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 06:12:22 PM »
I hope we never merge and give in to a fake made up identity i hope we always stay Assyrian and that’s it.
I want nothing to do with these radicals they have no respect for Swedish people or Assyrian people.
The day Assyriska stops being an Assyrian team I will mark that date as a very dark day in our history.

I expected this kind of reaction from an Assyriska fan but the name can be half assyrian half syriac and we are one people, do you think that it's wrong to unite us under several names??
I am Aramean

I am Assyrian

I am Chaldean

I am Mesopotamian

I AM BETH NAHRIN !!!!

Offline Assyrian_Man

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 06:35:25 PM »

I expected this kind of reaction from an Assyriska fan but the name can be half assyrian half syriac and we are one people, do you think that it's wrong to unite us under several names??

Oh please, I'm very familiar with the Syrianska fans "want" of unity. Last derby of Superettan 2009, Syrianskas homegame, they shouted "F****ng Muslims!" to the Assyrians. Just to make sure you understand the depth of that, there is nothing in the world the Syriacs hate more than Muslims.  In the same game, one guy asked me rudely where I was from (I was working as a public host), I told him I was an Assyrian from Iraq. That made him go nuts, he was climbing the net and spitting at me at the same time.

I've given up completely on Syriacs, even my Syriac friends never mention a single thing that even gives me the slightest hope of a good future for our people (one going pretty far when he, completely convinced, told me that Assyrians have never existed, they are just a recent historical creation. I was so surprised and shocked I remained silent for a good while). If Syriacs want to call themselves Arameans, let them. Our lives are too short to adress them when we have other more important problems in e.g. our home countries.

Offline Free_Assyria

• Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 06:55:01 PM »
•   They burnt our flag and displayed it on youtube
•   They burnt down our club
•   They killed our top player and his brother

why would I want to unit with these people? We have nothing in common. Thing is they are all about hate, they are more anti-Assyrian then pro-aramean, they engage in destruction of what we build more then they help their own cause.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 07:23:04 PM by Free_Assyria »

Offline AlexSuryoyo

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 06:58:20 PM »
Oh please, I'm very familiar with the Syrianska fans "want" of unity. Last derby of Superettan 2009, Syrianskas homegame, they shouted "F****ng Muslims!" to the Assyrians. Just to make sure you understand the depth of that, there is nothing in the world the Syriacs hate more than Muslims.  In the same game, one guy asked me rudely where I was from (I was working as a public host), I told him I was an Assyrian from Iraq. That made him go nuts, he was climbing the net and spitting at me at the same time.

I've given up completely on Syriacs, even my Syriac friends never mention a single thing that even gives me the slightest hope of a good future for our people (one going pretty far when he, completely convinced, told me that Assyrians have never existed, they are just a recent historical creation. I was so surprised and shocked I remained silent for a good while). If Syriacs want to call themselves Arameans, let them. Our lives are too short to adress them when we have other more important problems in e.g. our home countries.

I didn't want to defend the Syrianska fans, I know that the 2 fans group hate each other. It's just that there are more Assyriska fans on this forum so I want to know their opinions about this topic and I definitely do not want to side with one or the other about it  (I don't know if this sentence is right :oops:).

It's just a debate, to see if you think that it's a good idea or not, obviously, it's still pretty hot debate  :bash:
I am Aramean

I am Assyrian

I am Chaldean

I am Mesopotamian

I AM BETH NAHRIN !!!!

Offline Assyrian_Man

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 07:01:16 PM »
•   They killed our top play and his brother

They would I want to unit with this people? We have nothing in common. Thing is they are all about hate, they are more anti-Assyrian then pro-aramean, they engage in destruction of what we build more then they help their own cause.

Oh, forgot to mention that in the same game, 10 baboons stole an Assyrian scarf and tried to light it, 30 metres away from AFF's entrance to the long away section. Apparently though, cavemen are more skilled in producing fire than those.

Offline AlexSuryoyo

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 07:02:22 PM »
•   They killed our top play and his brother

They would I want to unit with this people? We have nothing in common. Thing is they are all about hate, they are more anti-Assyrian then pro-aramean, they engage in destruction of what we build more then they help their own cause.

Are syrianska fans really responsible for these acts?? (it's just a question, I don't know the answer, I'm not from Sweden)

About the flag, do you have the video???

« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 07:04:10 PM by AlexSuryoyo »
I am Aramean

I am Assyrian

I am Chaldean

I am Mesopotamian

I AM BETH NAHRIN !!!!

Offline davidb

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 07:04:02 PM »
Are syrianska fans really responsible for these acts?? (it's just a question, and don't know the answer)

About the flag, do you have the video???

How about the Assyriska club house that got burnt down? Who do you think was responsible for that?

Offline Free_Assyria

• Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 07:06:18 PM »

I only speak the truth :)

Offline AlexSuryoyo

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 07:09:10 PM »
How about the Assyriska club house that got burnt down? Who do you think was responsible for that?

If the responsibles are Syriacs-Arameans, don't generalize all the Syriacs, I don't think that the majority approves such acts, so avoid stereotypes.

I am Aramean

I am Assyrian

I am Chaldean

I am Mesopotamian

I AM BETH NAHRIN !!!!

Offline AlexSuryoyo

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 07:14:03 PM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ETT8JHc8FDI

I only speak the truth :)

i think it's more about rivalry (teams) than Assyrians vs Syriacs and if you read the comments, we can read that the majority say that we are one people and disapproved this acts and the author is a kurd :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 07:15:34 PM by AlexSuryoyo »
I am Aramean

I am Assyrian

I am Chaldean

I am Mesopotamian

I AM BETH NAHRIN !!!!

Offline Assyrian_Man

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2010, 07:14:48 PM »
I didn't want to defend the Syrianska fans, I know that the 2 fans group hate each other. It's just that there are more Assyriska fans on this forum so I want to know their opinions about this topic and I definitely do not want to side with one or the other about it  (I don't know if this sentence is right :oops:).

It's just a debate, to see if you think that it's a good idea or not, obviously, it's still pretty hot debate  :bash:

I find it extremely hard to imagine unity. Before the previously stated game, I was pretty much a neutral Assyrian, and considered Syrianska FC as my second team. Don't take my words wrong, I don't hate Syriacs. I just can't be bothered anymore. I just hope that things will not get worse if (I deeply hope not) and when Dalkurd joins our division.

By the way, Free_Assyria, the assault of Gabriel Awrohum should be added to the list... and wasn't the club house attacked once again later?

Offline Free_Assyria

• Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 07:17:06 PM »
the list just keeps growing.

Offline Assyrian_Man

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 07:21:41 PM »
If the responsibles are Syriacs-Arameans, don't generalize all the Syriacs, I don't think that the majority approves such acts, so avoid stereotypes.

Are you familiar with Mar Benjamin of SOC in Sweden?

Offline AlexSuryoyo

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 07:24:45 PM »
Come on guys, they're just hooligans, every club has them in all the countries and all the teams. The vast majority are neutral and just want to enjoy the games. So let's focus on the topic: bad or good idea?? (without regard to extremists or hooligans)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 07:26:10 PM by AlexSuryoyo »
I am Aramean

I am Assyrian

I am Chaldean

I am Mesopotamian

I AM BETH NAHRIN !!!!

Offline AlexSuryoyo

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 07:25:44 PM »
Are you familiar with Mar Benjamin of SOC in Sweden?

Yes, why??
I am Aramean

I am Assyrian

I am Chaldean

I am Mesopotamian

I AM BETH NAHRIN !!!!

Offline Free_Assyria

• Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 07:34:56 PM »
Come on guys, they're just hooligans, every club has them in all the countries and all the teams. The vast majority are neutral and just want to enjoy the games. So let's focus on the topic: bad or good idea?? (without regard to extremists or hooligans)

Ok “hooligans” aside it’s a bad idea because I don’t want to give up the Assyrian name and flag it’s not negotiable it’s who I am.

Offline AlexSuryoyo

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 07:36:49 PM »
I also want to add that a lot of Assyrian-Syriac players have played in the 2 teams and love the 2 teams  :bigarmhug:, am I wrong??
I am Aramean

I am Assyrian

I am Chaldean

I am Mesopotamian

I AM BETH NAHRIN !!!!

Offline Assyrian_Man

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2010, 07:37:06 PM »
Come on guys, they're just hooligans, every club has them in all the countries. The vast majority are neutral and just want to enjoy the games. So let's focus on the topic: bad or good idea?? (without regard to extremists or hooligans)

Bad: What are we gonna be named? What are we gonna shout during the games? Etc.
Good: Will make it more peaceful in Södertälje between Assyrians and Syriacs. Bigger team, more money, more fans - and last but not least, euphoric feeling of unification. But then again, we will never get there, and if we do, the name conflict will prevail, history, politics, churches, everything will pierce the football team and divide the two fractions into two teams again.

He was invited to the ACOE commemoration and mourning of the martyrs of Iraq. He didn't even leave a reply (needless to say that he didn't show up, but still clarifying that part to you). Shows just how much respect he has for those who prefer the Assyrian name and considering he's influential and all... But okay. Sure, it's just a bunch of hooligans.

Offline Free_Assyria

• Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2010, 07:40:55 PM »
Not all these incidents are linked to Syrian FC fans, also in trying to unify you will most likely discourage people on both sides you will be left with no team.
Not even Hardcore “Chaldeans” are this bad.

Offline AlexSuryoyo

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2010, 07:46:16 PM »
Bad: What are we gonna be named? What are we gonna shout during the games? Etc.
Good: Will make it more peaceful in Södertälje between Assyrians and Syriacs. Bigger team, more money, more fans - and last but not least, euphoric feeling of unification. But then again, we will never get there, and if we do, the name conflict will prevail, history, politics, churches, everything will pierce the football team and divide the two fractions into two teams again.

He was invited to the ACOE commemoration and mourning of the martyrs of Iraq. He didn't even leave a reply (needless to say that he didn't show up, but still clarifying that part to you). Shows just how much respect he has for those who prefer the Assyrian name and considering he's influential and all... But okay. Sure, it's just a bunch of hooligans.

Ok there more than just a group of hooligans but not the majority, Syriacs consider Assyrians like East-Suryoye, so how can we hate our brothers ??
About the topic, there are a lot of advantages but a lot of problems too. The name and the difficulty to form a homogeneous group are the biggest (what about Assyrianska FF??  :lmao:).

What are we gonna shout during the games? ==> Assyriska fans shout Suryoye too, no???
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 07:50:02 PM by AlexSuryoyo »
I am Aramean

I am Assyrian

I am Chaldean

I am Mesopotamian

I AM BETH NAHRIN !!!!

Offline Assyrian_Man

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2010, 07:51:36 PM »
Ok there more than just a group of hooligans but not the majority, Syriacs consider Assyrians like East-Suryoye, so how can we hate our brothers ??
About the topic, there are a lot of advantages but a lot of problems too. The name and the difficulty to form a homogeneous group are the biggest (what about Assyrianska FF??  :lmao:).

East-Suryoye, also Suraye. Please direct the first question of yours to them, not me.
I'd actually settle with Suryoyo FC, because the Aramaic-Syriacs think it proves their Aramean ancestry whereas it doesn't.

Wow, this thread is sucking up all of my time. I've got an exam early tomorrow morning...

Offline Free_Assyria

• Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2010, 07:52:45 PM »
The only hope i see to this problem Chaldean and Syriac alike is education.
The more these people question things that don’t make sense about their identity the more
they will realise that they are Assyrian. AVN is full of people who use to call themselves “Chaldean” “Syriac” “Arab” “Suryoye” etc etc

Offline AlexSuryoyo

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2010, 07:58:32 PM »
East-Suryoye, also Suraye. Please direct the first question of yours to them, not me.
I'd actually settle with Suryoyo FC, because the Aramaic-Syriacs think it proves their Aramean ancestry whereas it doesn't.

Wow, this thread is sucking up all of my time. I've got an exam early tomorrow morning...

Suryoyo Fc  :wavetowel:

Bro good luck for your exam, you're not alone, I also have an exam tomorrow  :)

And to answer to the question we do not hate Assyrians, we just say that there are East-Suryoye just like us whatever they call themselves (you can hear this in a lot of debates on Suryoyo Sat, malfono Assad Assad too)
I am Aramean

I am Assyrian

I am Chaldean

I am Mesopotamian

I AM BETH NAHRIN !!!!

Offline davidb

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2010, 08:01:20 PM »
About the topic, there are a lot of advantages but a lot of problems too. The name and the difficulty to form a homogeneous group are the biggest (what about Assyrianska FF??  :lmao:).

What are we gonna shout during the games? ==> Assyriska fans shout Suryoye too, no???

I'm pretty sure that's an insult to the many 'West-Suryoye' who consider themselves as Assyrians. 95% of Assyriska fans in sweden are from the Syrian Church, so why would you consider them to be Madenhoye?

Offline AlexSuryoyo

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2010, 08:11:29 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's an insult to the many 'West-Suryoye' who consider themselves as Assyrians. 95% of Assyriska fans in sweden are from the Syrian Church, so why would you consider them to be Madenhoye?

They consider Assyrians just like Suryoye (West or East Suryoye, mistake on my part  :imsorry:) and why be East-Suryoye would be an insult  :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 08:15:15 PM by AlexSuryoyo »
I am Aramean

I am Assyrian

I am Chaldean

I am Mesopotamian

I AM BETH NAHRIN !!!!

Offline Assyrian_Man

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2010, 08:11:55 PM »
Suryoyo Fc  :wavetowel:

Bro good luck for your exam, you're not alone, I also have an exam tomorrow  :)

And to answer to the question we do not hate Assyrians, we just say that there are East-Suryoye just like us whatever they call themselves (you can hear this in a lot of debates on Suryoyo Sat, malfono Assad Assad too)

Thank you, wish you the same.

Create the facebookpage now already and I'll be quick to join. Goodnight for today.

@davidb: He means they're seeing us as East-Suryoye (and obviously both themselves, the Arameans, and Syriac Assyrians as West-Suryoye).

Offline davidb

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2010, 08:20:00 PM »
Thank you, wish you the same.

Create the facebookpage now already and I'll be quick to join. Goodnight for today.

@davidb: He means they're seeing us as East-Suryoye (and obviously both themselves, the Arameans, and Syriac Assyrians as West-Suryoye).

I know that, but he didn't say that.

Offline Assyrian_Man

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2010, 08:23:25 PM »
I know that, but he didn't say that.
:loool: Man, be more inclusive. We have a good chance of converting this one.

Offline davidb

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2010, 08:25:00 PM »
They consider Assyrians just like Suryoye (West or East Suryoye, mistake on my part  :imsorry:) and why be East-Suryoye would be an insult  :)

What I am saying is, the Assyrians from the Syrian Church are just as much Assyrians as the Assyrians from the Church of the East. One is not more Assyrian than the other. We are both equally Assyrian! So it's wrong to consider Assyrians as 'East-Syrians', because you have 'West-Syrian' Assyrians.

Offline Nahroyo

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2010, 08:54:16 PM »
It should be clarified that it wasn't arameans who killed Assyriska's top player and his brother, it was a rival gang that his youngest brother had a fight with.

Offline Free_Assyria

• Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2010, 09:45:06 PM »
It should be clarified that it wasn't arameans who killed Assyriska's top player and his brother, it was a rival gang that his youngest brother had a fight with.

What nationality was the guy that pulled the trigger?

Assyriska - Syrianska 0:1 - Derby, Pictures

Started by xxSanhoxxBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 8
Views: 2084
Last post June 05, 2009, 05:45:15 AM
by Aga
Assyriska + Syrianska, 2 assyrian teams in sweden.

Started by tihe-othurBoard Sports

Replies: 10
Views: 2584
Last post October 23, 2005, 01:44:54 PM
by tihe-othur
Assyriska FF vs Syrianska FC

Started by davidbBoard Sports

Replies: 27
Views: 6612
Last post June 03, 2009, 06:19:11 PM
by Free_Assyria
The Strangest Football Derby in the World: Assyriska FF v. Syrianska FC