Author Topic: Assyrian women and food!!!!  (Read 1996 times)

Offline BeLLaMaFIa

• Ultimate AVNer
  • *good times w/ the bestest friends*
    • http://www.assyriaonline.com/gallery/bellamafia
Assyrian women and food!!!!
« on: June 07, 2007, 09:41:07 PM »
i know most of u can feel my pain.. almost every woman in my family, starting w/ my grandmother to my aunts to my uncles' wives blah blah blah feel the need to shove food at u every second of the day..i dont like eating "big" meals at night so i may have a bowl of cereal or whatever, my g'ma thinks im dying of starvation cuz cereal isn't fulling so she'll warm up food and bring it to me..and no matter how many times i tell her i'm not hungry she'll come in w/something else, like fruit or chips or something that i wouldnt eat anyways!!  :blowup: or my aunt, everytime i go to her house (i usually would've ate somethign before leaving the house) she thinks im on this strict diet cuz i barely touch her food.. and then she gets offended.. and if u tell them ur full they think ur lying cuz "nkhapet".. i had a bowl of masta w/ doritos  :blush2: earlier and my gma felt the need to bring me bushala.. when its so freakin hot!! who wants to eat hot food when ur suffocating.. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!  :ban:

anybody else?  :blush2:

I :2hearts: Zina!!!!

Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.

Offline peachy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Assyrian women and food!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 09:42:29 PM »
Yes yes and yes....

Khena they are loving you with food..

Offline halfchaldo

• I want to gain a strength I know is within me.
    • My myspace page: PM me if you want the info to add me, it's set to private.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 11:15:52 PM »
I always feel like my relatives (not just the women but the men too) are trying to make me fat, lol.

They always make me food, put a ton on the dish/bowl, and keep refilling it after I'm finished and I tell them I'm full.  It's like this every time I go to someone's house..plus my dad does it too.

What ticks me off is he kept thinking (if he still doesn't think it) that I was anorexic...i'm like I eat, how can i be anorexic?  :ban:
My mom was skinnier than me when she was my age...and I've always been skinny so idk y my dad thinks these things.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;
Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;
Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over.

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 11:15:52 PM »

Offline Ashuriena

• Ultimate Member
  • I have a crocodile in my pants.
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 11:22:12 PM »
ALL Middle Eastern people are like that. One time I was at my family friend's house (they're Armenian), and the mom put half a chicken on my plate. LITERALLY...HALF of a chicken. She did that to my friend too and she forced us to eat it. We couldn't! Hahaha!

My mom does that to me and then she says, "basa khool" and I don't even eat 1/4 of what she puts on my plate. Then, she complains that I'm fat. Hahahaha!
I find out who sprayed it, and I'm puttin' you under the pavement. No Buddhist priest, Catholic or Baptist pastor can save him. I'm far from religious, but I got beliefs. So, I put canary yellow diamonds on my Jesus piece. - Game

Offline baklawa

• Golden Member
  • No puppets allowed
    • Assyrian Aid Society of America
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 12:11:14 AM »
My mom does that to me and then she says, "basa khool" and I don't even eat 1/4 of what she puts on my plate. Then, she complains that I'm fat. Hahahaha!

That's the women in my family. Oh, and God help you if they find out you are actually dieting -- they make it their mission to give you even more food.  Then when I've gulped it down, they'll make some reference to my ishta and start a lecture about how I should lose weight  :ranting: Not recently though -- ever since I started responding back with observations about all the wrinkles on their face  :mrgreen:
"January 2010, the nail in the coffin, the day Zowaa will die." Hilarious prediction posted by "chaldean."
March 2010: Zowaa wins 3 out of 5 seats in the Iraqi Parliament!

Offline AssyrianPrince21

• Special Member
    • http://www.assyriaonline.com/gallery/assyrianprince?page=1
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 12:16:10 AM »
i know most of u can feel my pain.. almost every woman in my family, starting w/ my grandmother to my aunts to my uncles' wives blah blah blah feel the need to shove food at u every second of the day..i dont like eating "big" meals at night so i may have a bowl of cereal or whatever, my g'ma thinks im dying of starvation cuz cereal isn't fulling so she'll warm up food and bring it to me..and no matter how many times i tell her i'm not hungry she'll come in w/something else, like fruit or chips or something that i wouldnt eat anyways!!  :blowup: or my aunt, everytime i go to her house (i usually would've ate somethign before leaving the house) she thinks im on this strict diet cuz i barely touch her food.. and then she gets offended.. and if u tell them ur full they think ur lying cuz "nkhapet".. i had a bowl of masta w/ doritos  :blush2: earlier and my gma felt the need to bring me bushala.. when its so freakin hot!! who wants to eat hot food when ur suffocating.. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!  :ban:

anybody else?  :blush2:

U guys call it bushala too!??!??!?! :whaa:

I thought we were the only khoorifeh ones that called it that....cuz everyone else in the world calls it girdoo.... lol... :kicking:

Offline Hookah

• Bears suck!!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 12:16:39 AM »
That's how my aunts are.  So now I just tell them that I've just eaten mcdonald's before I got there and aren't hungry.  Of course then I get the whole, fast food is garbage lecture (which always includes the well-known fact that the mexicans that work at fast food joints don't wash their hands).  But its easier to sit through that than eat three pounds of left over bbq.

Offline AssyrianPrince21

• Special Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 12:19:18 AM »
That's how my aunts are.  So now I just tell them that I've just eaten mcdonald's before I got there and aren't hungry.  Of course then I get the whole, fast food is garbage lecture (which always includes the well-known fact that the mexicans that work at fast food joints don't wash their hands).  But its easier to sit through that than eat three pounds of left over bbq.

Not only is fast food "garbage"......but do u guys ever get the lecture of how.... "if you would have gave me that 10 dollars u spent.... i could have cooked you anything u wanted" ........  :ranting:

Offline baklawa

• Golden Member
  • No puppets allowed
    • Assyrian Aid Society of America
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 12:19:40 AM »

I thought we were the only khoorifeh ones that called it that....cuz everyone else in the world calls it girdoo.... lol... :kicking:

Girdoo and bushala are two different things -- bushala is thinner and has peppers, celery and other herbs in it.  Girdoo is made with masta and rice (and lots of butter  :2hearts:)

That's how my aunts are.  So now I just tell them that I've just eaten mcdonald's before I got there and aren't hungry.  Of course then I get the whole, fast food is garbage lecture (which always includes the well-known fact that the mexicans that work at fast food joints don't wash their hands). But its easier to sit through that than eat three pounds of left over bbq.

OMG -- I thought my mom was the only one who used that line!  My brother and I would beg like crazy to get something from the ice-cream man, and then she would use that line about how he would never wash his hands!! 
"January 2010, the nail in the coffin, the day Zowaa will die." Hilarious prediction posted by "chaldean."
March 2010: Zowaa wins 3 out of 5 seats in the Iraqi Parliament!

Offline AssyrianPrince21

• Special Member
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 12:21:24 AM »
Girdoo and bushala are two different things -- bushala is thinner and has peppers, celery and other herbs in it.

We call Girdoo ...Bushala.....

Believe me...i know the difference between the two....but we just call it that... i have no idea why... :whaa: ....

Offline R O B I N

• Ultimate Member
  • I LOVE CARRO
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 12:22:17 AM »
EVERYTIME I GO TO GRANMA

i tell her i just had foood and i am not hungry but no u are lieing and you must have something  :bangin:

so i have learned whenever i know i am going there i go on empty stomach  :loool:
"Jesus, Please come in, forgive me my sins, fill me with your love and give me your gift of eternal life. Amen"

Offline Hookah

• Bears suck!!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 12:23:23 AM »
Bushala is a generic name for any slimy soup-like substance that old assyrian women try to pass off as food.  Girdo is its own specific dish.

Offline Renee

• Summer lovin', had me a blast
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 12:54:40 AM »
Girdoo and bushala are two different things -- bushala is thinner and has peppers, celery and other herbs in it.  Girdoo is made with masta and rice (and lots of butter  :2hearts:)

See for the runny one we say bushalit gillaleh and just plain bushala for the other one.

Ok so here's a story when Assyrians do the opposite of what uz are all talking about... a cousin of a cousin of mine took the Assyrian 'la khilee qam atinwah' line to an extreem. He slept over his cousins house and his aunty told him to come eat breakfast in the morning and he's like 'la len kpeena, khilwahleh timil(qoodmeh?)'

Jareh he only gets fed once a week.

My aunts and that aren't that bad but my grandmothers are typical that's why I don't let them pour me food, I make my mum do it  :lmao:

Offline GodismyJudge

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 04:37:46 AM »

Not only is fast food "garbage"......but do u guys ever get the lecture of how.... "if you would have gave me that 10 dollars u spent.... i could have cooked you anything u wanted" ........  :ranting:

Very often. Sometimes my mom makes things I don't like and then I order a pizza or get some fries or something. Then she says the same thing.

My mom always think I am sick If I don't eat that much. And I have an aunt ( actually my mothers aunt) who always put the food in your mouth! She always says Ha buslibano kduglat ( which means besliwa you eat it!). And not only with food also with Candy and other stuff.

Always these old women who force you to eat. Brrrr.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 04:38:05 AM by GodismyJudge »
I am an Assyrian today, tomorrow, forever, and I am proud of it.

Offline SweeTy

• Special Member
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2007, 06:16:23 AM »
tell me about it  :ban:

every1 i knw is on my case u look lyk ur gnna break into peices just coz i dnt eat as much as fat ladies do dsnt mean im anorexic  :ranting:

i just got told off by my aunt telln me i look lyk sum1 that just got up frm the grave lyk wot the....... :confused:

Offline Atoreta Brata

• You leave me breathless :)
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 08:28:43 AM »
I DONT LIKE WHEN I GO OVER MY COUSINS OR SOME ARKHE AND WHEN WE EAT THEY GOES EAT MORE UR SO SMALL IM LIKE NO ITS OK LEN KPENTA OFFF  :blink:

WHIT MY FAMILY I DONT HAVE THAT PROBLEM LOOOL  :baby:
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^###############^^
^^^##### Jesus #####^^
^^^###############^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^###^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^##^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^#^^^^^^^^^^^

Offline atourina

• I Am The Best :)
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 08:54:53 AM »
 :loool: @ kevin... my mom does that all the time too... not just with rice, but with salads and stuff too  :ban:

my grandma (God rest her soul).. did that ALLLLLLLLLLL the time... even when i'd bring friends home.. she'd make them eat.. even after i told her a million times they werent hungry (she didnt understand english).. so yeah..

bushala and girdoo are 2 wayy different things :blink:

girdoo is rice and yougurt or whatever it is.. and bushala is more like a think masta soup.. i think... im not sure how my mom makes it.. but yeah, totally different things

**Mean Girls Club**

Offline assyrian_dude

• Special Member
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007, 09:40:13 AM »

i got that lecture before too don :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

but ever since living on my own for a year and still surviving....everyone backed away from me about my eating habits  :football:

Offline AssyrianPrince21

• Special Member
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 10:15:26 AM »
ok everyone..... I KNOW the difference btwn bushala and girdo....im just saying...... that we call girdo ...bushala...... why? ...idk...just cuz we do......  :bangin:

Offline atourina

• I Am The Best :)
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 10:33:09 AM »
maybe its cuz u guys are weirdos  :blush2:  seeing how theres a biggggggggg difference between them  :razz:

**Mean Girls Club**

Offline Merengues

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2007, 10:37:02 AM »
When ever i visited my semi-cousins house his mum would always force me to eat even if i said no she would be like ok and ten mins later there would be liek drinks and sandwiches made for me lol, there was no getting out of his house without eating  :lmao:

Offline carro

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 10:43:09 AM »
i didnt know girdo is bushala cause that's what i call it and i love bushala/girdo , in the winter not now in the summer :loool:

i think every assyrian is like that  :giggle:

Offline ASHUR

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 02:10:30 PM »
They do say the way to a mans HEART IS THROUGH HIS STOMACH! 

I guess that's why only the women are complaining!!  Ladies, you know how much us Assyrian men love food.  Regardless of the time of day it is!
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Offline Valantina

• Ultimate AVNer
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 03:13:56 PM »
I really don't like people telling me to eat, eat, eat and literally push food down my throat. Especialy when someone touches my plate & add more food, i just loose my appitite and not eat at all.  :crazy:

My mother in law does that all the time, everytime i am there all she does is serve food. I tell her 100 times, I've already eaten please dont force me to eat, but she would take it the wrong way and say you don't like my food, or you dont feel comfortable eating here or are you trying to be a skeleton!!
Doesn't matter how many times i explain to her, "i hate ppl touching my food"! she will never ever get it. 
So i learnt that when i am there and she adds food to my plate, i just smile and say thank you. I just play with my food with the spoon, untill she goes to get water, i put all that food on her plate!  :angelnot: lol (i did that only twice)

As for my mum & grandma, most of the time they would think there is somthing wrong with me for being the only skinny one in the family. lol.

Once my grandma was sitting next to me and she started counting my spine bones  :lol: ... She said to me, "see i told you, you are not healthy with all those bones sticking out from your back!"
  :blink:

Offline Atoreta Brata

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 05:01:24 PM »
LOOL VALA MY SIS IS LIKE THIS TO PPL GOES MAN UR SICK OR WAT IM LIKE NO SHE DONT EAT THAT MUCH ENA AT NIGHT WOW SHE EAT SO MUCH OF SHE NEVER GET FAT LOL  :blink: :blush2:
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^###############^^
^^^##### Jesus #####^^
^^^###############^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^###^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^##^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^#^^^^^^^^^^^

Offline Valantina

• Ultimate AVNer
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2007, 05:03:31 PM »
LOOL VALA MY SIS IS LIKE THIS TO PPL GOES MAN UR SICK OR WAT IM LIKE NO SHE DONT EAT THAT MUCH ENA AT NIGHT WOW SHE EAT SO MUCH OF SHE NEVER GET FAT LOL  :blink: :blush2:
:giggle:

I eat a lot too, but most of the time i burn it off!
Also i cant eat one big fat meal at once, i break it into 4 meals a day.
So people think i don't eat, but the reality is i eat a lot!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 05:03:48 PM by Valantina »

Offline Atoreta Brata

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2007, 05:11:49 PM »
YEA ENA U HAVE A NICE BODY I WANT IT  :blush2:
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^###############^^
^^^##### Jesus #####^^
^^^###############^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^###^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^##^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^#^^^^^^^^^^^

Offline BeLLaMaFIa

• Ultimate AVNer
  • *good times w/ the bestest friends*
    • http://www.assyriaonline.com/gallery/bellamafia
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2007, 05:39:58 PM »
haha u guys are funny..  :razz:

Lol... it's just annoying whenever my mom pours me some riza.  I tell her just one scoop of the riza, instead she pours me 4 scoops of Riza.
because really, you're not suppose to have a large portion of rice on your plate. It's like a mountain on my plate whenever she pours me riza, without me looking.

omg i hate that!!! it's like why ask me how much i want if ur gonna put the amount u desire anyways :blowup:

don thanks for confusing everybody w/ ur messed up assyrian dishe vocabulary lol.. but yeah bushala is the soupy one and girdu is the heavy masta and rizza one.. ur fam's just weird for calling them both the same thing  :mrgreen:

:bigarmhug:

lmao! my mom does that to my bro all the time cuz he eats out every day.. or the best one where she tells him she can make him chinese food or burritos for free.. yeah i don't think so  :giggle:

:loool: @ kevin... my mom does that all the time too... not just with rice, but with salads and stuff too  :ban:

my grandma (God rest her soul).. did that ALLLLLLLLLLL the time... even when i'd bring friends home.. she'd make them eat.. even after i told her a million times they werent hungry (she didnt understand english).. so yeah..

one-- kevin never posted  :razz: two- my g'ma does that all the time!! to my friends or my bro's g/f.. it's so freakin annoying..she keeps telling me to give them something to drink or eat when we just came from dinner or whatever..and then she'll bring it in herself to make it even worse ..  :ban:

They do say the way to a mans HEART IS THROUGH HIS STOMACH! 

I guess that's why only the women are complaining!!  Ladies, you know how much us Assyrian men love food.  Regardless of the time of day it is!
i saw men complain too  :razz:

I've already eaten please dont force me to eat, but she would take it the wrong way and say you don't like my food, or you dont feel comfortable eating here or are you trying to be a skeleton!!
yup that's what i get all the time.. that i hate their food or i'm too shy to get up and serve myself.. only if htey knew how often i stuff my face hahaha..  or they tell me i'm on a diet only when i come to their house when i dont believe in diets to being w/!!!  :loool:

I :2hearts: Zina!!!!

Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.

Offline IrisKhanem

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2007, 10:18:04 PM »
wow, i have the total opposite problem. They'll always ask if i'm hungry and if i actually do want something, it's like they're all eyeing me to see "kmah masyah deshah".... :(

then they proceed to call my arse "toorane't himalaya"  :imsorry:
crack is whack

Offline SweeTy

• Special Member
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2007, 11:47:50 PM »
why wont they leave u alone lyk ******* u say u dnt wanna eat back offf ur not hungry funkn assyrians ouffttttttt  :chair:

« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 11:50:35 PM by SweeTy »

Offline Valantina

• Ultimate AVNer
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2007, 12:16:03 AM »
why wont they leave u alone lyk ******* u say u dnt wanna eat back offf ur not hungry funkn assyrians ouffttttttt  :chair:

You got some serious issues there  :loool:
Just don't eat wai
  :mrgreen:

Offline SweeTy

• Special Member
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2007, 12:20:20 AM »

You got some serious issues there  :loool:
Just don't eat wai
  :mrgreen:

im not the 1 with the issues... they are they wont get off my back god assyrians just coz they dnt see u pigging out all the tym they assume ur an anoxeric  :ban:

Offline Valantina

• Ultimate AVNer
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2007, 12:22:39 AM »
im not the 1 with the issues... they are they wont get off my back god assyrians just coz they dnt see u pigging out all the tym they assume ur an anoxeric  :ban:
  :lmao: (sorry but thats funny)

Well just pretend you are eating and its not worth it to take it to the heart!

Offline SweeTy

• Special Member
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2007, 12:25:52 AM »
  :lmao: (sorry but thats funny)

Well just pretend you are eating and its not worth it to take it to the heart!

:loool: u dnt have 2 tell me

omg just coz i aint a fat lady always eating dsnt mean im one of the sick 1s  :ban:

pretend yeh with them around me 24/7 ouffff

worst assyrian food

Started by SlitUrAnklesBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 161
Views: 6266
Last post January 15, 2006, 04:43:05 PM
by Atoreta Brata
Favorite Assyrian Food

Started by NintendomasterBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 76
Views: 7682
Last post October 21, 2005, 04:26:39 AM