Author Topic: 3 Assyrian Women Found Dead in Chicago Apartments  (Read 1239 times)

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
3 Assyrian Women Found Dead in Chicago Apartments
« on: February 18, 2007, 01:08:12 PM »
3 Women Found Dead in Chicago Apartments

The Associated Press

CHICAGO | Three women were found bludgeoned to death with a hammer in two apartments on the city's far North Side, and police had a suspect in custody Sunday.

Officers found the bodies after they were called to a domestic dispute Saturday morning.

They also found a man hitting himself on the head with a blunt object, apparently trying to kill himself, police spokeswoman Monique Bond said. The 56-year-old man was hospitalized in police custody and was in fair condition early Sunday, authorities said.

No charges had been filed by early Sunday.

Police Officer Hector Alfaro said investigators learned that the suspect had quarreled with his wife and her stepsister at their home, had apparently bludgeoned them and then went around the corner to his in-laws' house, where he apparently attacked his mother-in-law.

Authorities did not release the name of the victims, but neighbors and friends identified two of the women as Karmin Khooshabeh, 44, and her stepsister, Karolin Khooshabeh, 40. They said the third victim was their 60-year-old mother.

Karmin Khooshabeh was the arrested man's wife, said Robert Estrepaniance, who is Karolin Khooshabeh's neighbor and former husband. The couple had been having marital problems, he said.

Estrepaniance said the family was Assyrian Christian, a minority group in Iran, Iraq, Turkey and Syria. He said he and his former wife had fled Iran in 1995, fearing persecution for their faith. Her parents came to the United States about four years ago, and the family arranged for Karmin Khooshabeh and her husband to immigrate about three months ago, he said.

Chicago's Assyrian community - about 100,000 - is one of the largest in the country.

-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline manuel50

Re: 3 Assyrian Women Found Dead in Chicago Apartments
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 01:15:34 PM »
Thats really sad......sad........
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"  Voltaire

Offline Donya

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 01:46:24 PM »
How sad.. Devestating :ban:

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 01:46:24 PM »

Offline shamirum

• Golden Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 02:22:11 PM »
This was already posted in the Current Affairs forum, three hours earlier.

http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=19814.0

Offline Ashuriena

• Ultimate Member
  • I have a crocodile in my pants.
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 02:27:15 PM »
That's crazy!!!

Yesterday, they found my neighbor dead in her apartment, but they don't know how she died. :blink:
I find out who sprayed it, and I'm puttin' you under the pavement. No Buddhist priest, Catholic or Baptist pastor can save him. I'm far from religious, but I got beliefs. So, I put canary yellow diamonds on my Jesus piece. - Game

Offline BuNzZz

• Special Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 03:04:10 PM »
Thats so sad...my mom knows the family too :blink:

Offline shamirum

• Golden Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 03:37:56 PM »
My mom *thinks* she knows the family, but I doubt it. We used to live on that street (two blocks north) before we moved into our house in the dreaded suburbs and I'd seriously be in shock if it happened so close to me, just because nothing like that ever really happened in that neighborhood. Well, I only remember about that Pakistani guy who attempted to bludgeon his wife to death outside of a store on Devon...

I'm not shocked that something like this happened in our community; Assyrians are human just like everyone else, and he isn't the first Assyrian man to kill family members. Like this lady I know said on the news "They seemed nice," well, they always seem nice. Most potential murderers don't walk around with signs on their backs.

Allah menyikhloo en meeteh, this was such a terrible way for anyone to die, especially at the hands of a loved one. May they rest in peace.

Offline Atoreta Brata

• You leave me breathless :)
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 03:39:13 PM »
AWWW ALAHA MANIKHLON  :2hearts:
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^###############^^
^^^##### Jesus #####^^
^^^###############^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^####^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^###^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^##^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^#^^^^^^^^^^^

Offline Valantina

• Ultimate AVNer
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 03:41:49 PM »
So sad, R I P :(

Offline BeLLaMaFIa

• Ultimate AVNer
  • *good times w/ the bestest friends*
    • http://www.assyriaonline.com/gallery/bellamafia
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2007, 03:50:32 PM »
yeah they live like 2 minutes from my house.. my friend lives seconds away!! they said the blocks were polluted w/ cops,fbi, firetrucks and ambulances yesterday afternoon.. sooo messed up!! and how he said "i'm almost finished" while he tried killing himself /w the hammer..freakin sheedana!!! :ban:

may the 3 women r.i.p :sleep:
I :2hearts: Zina!!!!

Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.

Offline *M*

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2007, 04:01:40 PM »
We use to live on Winona, it's like 1 and a half blocks from where that happened.  I called Dennis and asked him if he knew them, and he's not sure either.  What a shame, we're now killing each other?  Isn't what's happening in Iraq enough?  R.I.P. 

I read in the newspaper that her sister just came here about 3 months ago, and the wife was helping them financially get back on their feet.  How sad...

Offline BeLLaMaFIa

• Ultimate AVNer
  • *good times w/ the bestest friends*
    • http://www.assyriaonline.com/gallery/bellamafia
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 04:03:16 PM »
We use to live on Winona, it's like 1 and a half blocks from where that happened.  I called Dennis and asked him if he knew them, and he's not sure either.  What a shame, we're now killing each other?  Isn't what's happening in Iraq enough?  R.I.P. 

I read in the newspaper that her sister just came here about 3 months ago, and the wife was helping them financially get back on their feet.  How sad...

yeah they said the sister helped him come to this country.. how messed up is that!?!?!  :blink:
I :2hearts: Zina!!!!

Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.

Offline Lovemoon

• Ultimate Member
    • http://www.Lovemoon.com  <--- fake website lol
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2007, 04:29:55 PM »
That's really sad, alahaa manekhlon.
"No matter how ugly you think you are, that special someone that loves you believes you are the most beautiful and irresistable thing on earth and nothing can ever change that."
Leh Parshelan eatateh,o' lazeh shimma d' Matwateh , Kolan eawakh m kha baba o mkhda yima akhonwateh.
العراقي ذهب.....العراقية الماس...العراقي وفه ..العراقيةاحساس...رغم كل الضروف يبقون احسن ناس

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2007, 05:57:00 PM »
This was already posted in the Current Affairs forum, three hours earlier.

http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=19814.0

No disrespect to 'Chaldean' who posted this, but again I repeat: people here are still not making a good use of their titles.

His title for this breaking news was: "North Side hammer attack kills 3 in family"

-Where is North Side?
-People die everyday, and why should people care (unless we know they are Assyrian)

It has got 15 views and 0 replies.

Look at my title. It reflect reality and grabs your attention to read it and reply, and generates enough views. It is not like a contest lol, but khena if you are going to post something, do it in a way that will get as many people reading it as possible.

Shareh Chaldean I am really coming hard on him, sorry bro  :blush2:

ASHOOR
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 06:05:35 PM by ASHOOR »
-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline carro

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2007, 06:40:38 PM »
jareeeh, so many ppl are going crazy now days

Alaha manikhlon

Offline atourina

• I Am The Best :)
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 09:21:07 AM »
ohh man.. allah manikhloon... :rose::rose::rose:

i hope that man rots in hell, assyrian or not, he doesnt deserve anything better than hell

**Mean Girls Club**

Offline shamirum

• Golden Member
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 09:44:11 PM »
No disrespect to 'Chaldean' who posted this, but again I repeat: people here are still not making a good use of their titles.

His title for this breaking news was: "North Side hammer attack kills 3 in family"

-Where is North Side?
-People die everyday, and why should people care (unless we know they are Assyrian)

It has got 15 views and 0 replies.

Look at my title. It reflect reality and grabs your attention to read it and reply, and generates enough views. It is not like a contest lol, but khena if you are going to post something, do it in a way that will get as many people reading it as possible.

Shareh Chaldean I am really coming hard on him, sorry bro  :blush2:

ASHOOR

No, actually, it is a contest around here, everything is. :dry:

Anyway, I think a lot of people on the forums use terribly unimaginative titles.

By the way, I care when anyone dies.

They have now released the alleged murderer's name and the name of his mother-in-law. They keep mentioning some video he recorded with his camera phone that shows him confessing and saying he was provoked because he was disrespected and because the women told him he wasn't a man. In the apartment where he killed his mother-in-law, a child (her grandson I believe) was sleeping in a nearby room and didn't wake up to what was happening. The more details come out, the sadder this story becomes...

Edit: I removed the man's name because I keep getting different spellings of it; not sure which is right.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 09:47:30 PM by shamirum »

Offline BuNzZz

• Special Member
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 09:46:34 PM »
Im weird and passed by last night cause they had the address on the news...and we saw flowers outside the mother in laws place.

Offline baklawa

• Golden Member
  • No puppets allowed
    • Assyrian Aid Society of America
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 12:46:06 PM »
Here's an update:

Murders blamed on 'theme of disrespect'

February 20, 2007
BY SCOTT FORNEK Staff Reporter
A 55-year-old refugee from Iran beat his wife, sister-in-law and mother-in-law to death with a three-pound hammer one by one after they questioned his masculinity, prosecutors said Monday.

" 'I do the job,' " Daryoush Ebrahimi told police who arrived at the murder scene, according to Assistant Cook County State's Attorney Sanju Oommen. "He said the women had disrespected him and said that he was not a man."

The West Rogers Park resident was ordered held without bond Monday for the triple homicide, which police said was premeditated and occurred over a five-hour period Saturday.

Hands cuffed behind his back, Ebrahimi wore a filmy white hospital gown in court. What appeared to be a self-inflicted hammer wound was visible on his bald head. He was beating himself on the head with the hammer when police arrived to find the three dead bodies, police said.

Investigators are still seeking a precise motive in the slaying of Ebrahimi's 44-year-old wife, Karmin Koshabeh, and her sister, Karolin Khooshabeh, 40, in the couples' second-floor apartment, and the death of his mother-in-law, Ileshvah Eyvazimooshabad, 60, in her apartment across the street -- beyond what authorities called "a recurring theme of disrespect."

All three victims were bludgeoned and stabbed.

Ebrahimi is Assyrian, but came here on refugee status from Iran Nov. 29, said Commander David Sobczyk. He graduated from college in Iran and was an engineer who owned his own company before coming to this country, his lawyer said. He was to start a job Monday as a mechanical engineer in northwest Indiana.

He has four children -- 31, 28, 26 and 17.

"January 2010, the nail in the coffin, the day Zowaa will die." Hilarious prediction posted by "chaldean."
March 2010: Zowaa wins 3 out of 5 seats in the Iraqi Parliament!

Offline Dalida

• Golden Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007, 02:08:00 PM »
Typical for an assyrian/chaldean whatever you want to call us, to say he was being disrespected when all they do is disrespect their partners. They want to be the kings of the house,but they act like little girls.
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
-Mother Teresa

Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane. -Phillip ****

Offline ChooChoo83

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2007, 05:36:43 AM »
alaha manikhlon

thats my husband cousin's inlaws

Offline atourina

• I Am The Best :)
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2007, 08:26:17 AM »
alaha manikhlon

thats my husband cousin's inlaws

awwww man!  ill keep your family in my prayers  :bigarmhug:

**Mean Girls Club**

Offline Nanette

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2007, 09:08:52 AM »
DISRESPECT LOOL
he's going to see what disrespect is in a jail cell...i so hope he drops the soap like 3572389457823 times.
rip to the unnecessary victims

Offline lightforce

• Broncos kick ass!!!
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2007, 09:45:07 AM »
My cousin his mom was a friend of the lady who died.  Very sad, I think the funeral is today. My mom and her are going.

Offline 2pac

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2007, 04:46:39 AM »
what a shedana  :ban: may the 3 women RIP :rose:
I've learned that the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person

Fundraiser for a dead Chicago Assyrian man

Started by ASHOORBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 5
Views: 1747
Last post September 15, 2012, 11:40:29 AM
by atourina
Chicago - Assyrian American Scholarship Foundation Party 3/11/06

Started by rumrumBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 20
Views: 1630
Last post March 10, 2006, 10:28:17 AM
by rumrum
12 Miners Have been Found Alive: One is Dead!

Started by ASHOORBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 1
Views: 1061
Last post January 04, 2006, 03:39:40 AM
by L33tKevin
Total Assyrian dead since the war....

Started by chaldeanBoard Culture & History

Replies: 10
Views: 1892
Last post January 14, 2006, 07:50:46 AM
by carro
Assyrian Voice has a New Sponsor: Chicago Limo Service