Author Topic: An Assyrian Internet in Cafe is not Allowed to have 'Ashur' as a Name!  (Read 1465 times)

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
This tells you what a joke Kurds are when it comes to democracy and their claims to being a democratic nation and people.

An Assyrian guy in Barwar wanted to open his internet cafe.  Everything was ready to go, and the only thing outstanding was a name for the business. The guy had one and only one name in his mind 'Ashur Internet Cafe'

So he went to the local business lisencing office to get the name. When he talked to the officials in the office, he was suprised to find out that he wouldn't be able to use that name. So when he asked for a reason, they basically told him 'if you want to open the business, come up with another name, you just won't be allowed to open a store with such a name...'

Then he realized this was merely for political reasons: Kurds are trying everything they can to quash our name.

The guy had to come up with a second different name. He went with 'Barwar Internet Cafe' which got approved right away.

This tells you what a joke this new 'democracy' really is.

ASHOOR

-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
Re: An Assyrian Internet in Cafe is not Allowed to have 'Ashur' as a Name!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 12:51:39 AM »
Really? I thought the Kurds were democratic and they have freedom of speech and they are more tolerant then the Arabs and Turks.

Besides don’t we have a minister in the Kurdish government?  :bangin:

The outcome of this war has only replaced the baathist regime to the Kurdish regime.

Same sh1t different smell.
 :ranting:
"The World has no glory without the Assyrians"

Offline Salem

• Special Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 06:07:39 AM »

Kurds are trying everything they can to quash our name

You summed it there quite nicely.

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 06:07:39 AM »

Offline dlty01

• Keep Churches out of Politics
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 01:57:29 PM »
There isn't a single ethnic group in the Middle East who has tried to squash the name "Assyrian" - Arabs, Kurds, Jews, Persians, Turks, even some Assyrians.  They....simply...hate it. 
"Why am I an Assyrian?  Because my parents were.  Additionally, I am an Assyrian because I feel it a sacred destiny to be one.  One is an Assyrian not only because of the accident of birth.  The will to be an Assyrian involves more than being the child of Assyrian parents."

- David Barsum Perley

Offline Rumtaya

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 03:48:22 PM »
Why do they all want to squash it?

Come on, they aren´t fearing a 3 million nation or?
Are they afraid of that Assyrians will conquer all their states and kill them?

That is really strange!

Never mind akhnen ewekh Arye, hijkha lamse majemle puman

Offline dlty01

• Keep Churches out of Politics
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 05:23:34 PM »
I don't know Rumtaya, it is a question that boggles me.  The only conclusion I can draw is that we have indigenous land rights that they all squat on, and don't want to connect us to the ancient assyrians, and would rather refer to us as "milletteh" by our religious affiliations "chaldayeh, soorayeh, syrianayeh", etc.
"Why am I an Assyrian?  Because my parents were.  Additionally, I am an Assyrian because I feel it a sacred destiny to be one.  One is an Assyrian not only because of the accident of birth.  The will to be an Assyrian involves more than being the child of Assyrian parents."

- David Barsum Perley

Offline ISay

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 08:06:50 PM »
Why do they all want to squash it?

Come on, they aren´t fearing a 3 million nation or?
Are they afraid of that Assyrians will conquer all their states and kill them?

That is really strange!

Never mind akhnen ewekh Arye, hijkha lamse majemle puman

Well with the Arabs, Kurds, Turks, and Persians the main reason being is this.  If they were to officially recognize us as a separate ethnic/national group of people, the world would be pressured to carve out a homeland for us in the middle east which would take away from "their" land.  How could the Christians have their own country in the Muslim dominated middle east!?  After all, just look at what they are doing to Israel, the Jewish homeland.  However, by refering to us by our religious denominations, we would be viewed, nationalistically speaking, as one and the same with the majority of the inhabitants of those lands; the only difference being our religious beliefs.  This way, even in a "democratic" society in those Muslim dominated lands, they would remain the majority and rule.  Clever of them, ay?

Why some Jews are against the 'Assyrian' identity??  We would'nt be taking away from their land.  Maybe some of them still resent us because of what we did to them some 2700 years ago.  I'm not sure.

Why would some Assyrians be against this identity?  That is inexcusable.

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 06:12:22 AM »

akhnen ewekh Arye, hijkha lamse majemle puman

:wavetowel:

I love that song I play it really loud in my car but unfortunately it makes me speed.
Could you imagine what the average Australian thinks of me when they see a crazy Middle Eastern man singing a patriotic song with the windows down and doing 100km/hr in a 50 zone.
"The World has no glory without the Assyrians"

Offline Nina

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 12:35:19 AM »
They want to obliterate every thing Assyrian beginning with the name but not ending there because every nation is identified by its history, heritage, language,culture and legacy. Assyria and the Assyrians have all those components being the indigenous people of the land today called Iraq.

Media is a powerful medium and we should use it to our advantage in order to eliminate the attempts on the Assyrian identity and its indigenous historical roots.
ASSYRIA not a mere name but a state of mind,existence,history and identity

Offline sydneydude

• Mid-Level Member
  • making no mistakes determines certain victory
    • http://myspace.com/peteresho
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 01:44:29 AM »
we're no longer Assyrians, we are Christian Kurds...we have been sold out but those who we trusted to protect us!!!

Offline CandyMan

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 01:49:10 PM »
This tells you what a joke Kurds are when it comes to democracy and their claims to being a democratic nation and people.

An Assyrian guy in Barwar wanted to open his internet cafe.  Everything was ready to go, and the only thing outstanding was a name for the business. The guy had one and only one name in his mind 'Ashur Internet Cafe'

So he went to the local business lisencing office to get the name. When he talked to the officials in the office, he was suprised to find out that he wouldn't be able to use that name. So when he asked for a reason, they basically told him 'if you want to open the business, come up with another name, you just won't be allowed to open a store with such a name...'

Then he realized this was merely for political reasons: Kurds are trying everything they can to quash our name.

The guy had to come up with a second different name. He went with 'Barwar Internet Cafe' which got approved right away.

This tells you what a joke this new 'democracy' really is.

ASHOOR

Heres a bigger joke Ashoor.

Isreal and the US claim to want democracy yet when the Palistinian people DEMOCRATICALLY elected Hamas as their new government, the US immidiatly critisized them and cut of aid.

Simply put, its democracy the way they want it.

But its ok because we have Sarkis Aghajan working for the Assyrians and Mar Dinkha working for the Assyrians as well. We'll be fine...

Assyrian Idol is Finally here (Ashur, Evin, Sargon as Judges

Started by ASHOORBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 44
Views: 4375
Last post February 01, 2006, 06:15:31 PM
by xprince ninox
Nov 25th - Assyrian Aid Society presents ASHUR SARGIS in hamilton

Started by NinaraBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 10
Views: 555
Last post November 14, 2006, 01:20:11 AM
by Assyria