Author Topic: respect for your family  (Read 1051 times)

Offline BraTeiL

• Mid-Level Member
  • Benjamin!
respect for your family
« on: January 17, 2006, 06:02:55 PM »
hello,

everybody knows respect for your family is important and i think everyone has this, but how do you show your respect or your love to your family ( parents, brothers and sisters)?

Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.

Offline Phiruel

• moi
respect for your family
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 06:41:08 PM »
Respect for the family is one of the most important things in my life.... For me life means nothing without a family and I am blessed to have a wonderful family.

I have them always in my heart and whenever I have a change I try to show them how much I am thankfull for their love and all they have done for me. Like buying  my sister flowers and spending lots of time with my niece and nephews and organise family days where we all go bowling or suprise parties ....

I love the saturdays when we all have a dinner together and stay up all night and talk about everything and nothing ( Imagine how full the house is I have 4 brothers + 3 sisters + a lot of nieces/nephews +brothers in law/sister in law)  :mrgreen:

I never argue with my brothers and sisters .... They are older then me and I respect their opinion and views.
They never tell me what to do but give me advice about what they think is best and mostly I follow their advice because  they are always right :mrgreen:

Ahw I love my family  :bigarmhug:
... Assyria is where I am from ...

Offline Uneek

re
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 09:33:06 PM »
my answer is "i dunno"  :blink: ill try to explain anyway
my family is not your usual assyrian family lol i cant live without them though  :mrgreen:
i have only 2 brothers and i muck around with them, swear at them, beg them to take me with them to clubs etc. but im always there for them if they ever need anything and they do the same.
my mum, world's number 1 mum and all my friends are jealous bcoz i got a mum like her. i love her so much, i obey her (most of the time lol) and do whatever she tells me, i always make her proud, spend hell lots of time with her  :mrgreen: she's like my bestfriend  :mrgreen: i love my mummy  :2hearts:  and my bros as well  :mrgreen:

does that show them that i respect them?
i dunno, im lost :ban:
What you think about me is your opinion, what you know about me is what people say, and what you think you know about me isn’t me at all.
Author: I DUNNO!

Assyrian Voice Forum

re
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 09:33:06 PM »

Offline Crocodile Bani

• Special Member
  • Formerly Moja Moja
    • Bani Pera
respect for your family
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 05:47:46 AM »
Never ever shame your family.  That is the best respect you can give your family.  It will reflect onto you too.

As for respecting parents, be the best person you can plus what I mentioned above.

I hope I make sense.
Back in Darwin for the 2nd time in my life.  Originally from Sydney (Fairfield area), lived in Vanuatu, Japan (twice), Thailand and Darwin once previously.  Western Sydney Wanderers fan as well as Parramatta Eels.  Veteran of 3 World Cups (*1994, 2006 and 2010).

Offline BraTeiL

• Mid-Level Member
  • Benjamin!
respect for your family
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 09:36:27 AM »
hey guys, thank you for your beautifull responds...

you are right moja moja, don't letting my family ever getting ashamed for me is one of the ways i show my respect for them..

i love my mom so much, i can not imagine doing something she get hurt after everything she sacrificied for us...my family isn't open in showing feeling towards eachother, but i do, i always tell them how much they mean for me and how blessed i am with them in my life...

and having a loving family behind you makes you such a strong person in the society, because you know they will never let you fall NO MATTER WHAT!

:2hearts:  :2hearts:  :2hearts:
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.

Offline KeKwAnTa_MaRiAn

• Mid-Level Member
respect for your family
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 04:47:20 PM »
i love my family.

I don't agree with many things, but i let it go and get along because of everything they have done for me!
my dad always tells me lol..."when i am talking to you, even if you don't like what i say, just listen, later on after am done, its your choice of what you want to do!" lol..i love him...

yes..i think it is typical of an Assyrian family not to show love around the house...but you get used to it and evantually know they love you with all they have....

and as some of you mentioned, the best way to show your family respect and love is to not make them feel ashamed of you..not to fail them!
Nothing to put here!

Confessions of a "Family Boss"

Started by BLUEICEBoard Jokes and Games

Replies: 14
Views: 1993
Last post November 22, 2005, 09:10:29 PM
by BLUEICE
Popular Assyrian Family Names!

Started by ASHOORBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 51
Views: 4548
Last post January 02, 2006, 01:00:57 AM
by ASHOOR
AVN MAFIA FAMILY OF THE YEAR!!!

Started by BLUEICEBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 42
Views: 2394
Last post January 04, 2006, 01:30:26 PM
by BLUEICE
Would u donate an organ to ur family member?

Started by JohnSydneyBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 18
Views: 2266
Last post February 01, 2006, 11:06:12 PM
by Valantina
Some of my family passed away.............

Started by CAMPPAINBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 25
Views: 1380
Last post February 23, 2006, 02:33:54 AM
by Angel2