Author Topic: Do you believe in EVOLUTION?  (Read 32555 times)

Offline babylonx

• Mid-Level Member
Do you believe in EVOLUTION?
« on: January 05, 2006, 06:36:28 PM »
Do people here believe in evolution? Especially the Christians. Do you believe that other beings lived and died before Adam? Do you think humans evolved from apes who evolved from other creatures leading back to bacteria? If you do then explain please.

Offline RadRides

• Special Member
  • bar-b-que-nin king
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 07:39:21 PM »
here's a teaser:  do we know when adam and eve were created?

Genesis:

20 And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky." 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth." 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

Offline Uneek

re
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 10:45:18 PM »
God created eveyrthing before he created adam and eve coz it says in the bible, read Genesis chapter one. i dont believe that human used to be apes and they adapted to the blah blah and blah blah
 :mrgreen:
Im not good at explaining through writing  :ban: sorry  :bangin:
What you think about me is your opinion, what you know about me is what people say, and what you think you know about me isn’t me at all.
Author: I DUNNO!

Offline BD

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 11:23:33 PM »
I dont know!

Us humans act a lot like monkeys...

Some humans even look at monkeys. Just look at south east asian people.

Offline RadRides

• Special Member
  • bar-b-que-nin king
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 11:24:21 PM »
Quote from: BD
I dont know!

not to mention most assyrian men resemble primates :bangin:

Offline babylonx

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 12:19:41 AM »
Quote from: RadRides

Genesis:

20 And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky." 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth." 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

But it does say there was no death before Adam sinned, therefore Adam lived with the Dinasaures. According to Evolution the dinasaures were extinct millions of years before humans evolved Im guessing Adam including the earth are probably around 6,000 years old.

Offline RadRides

• Special Member
  • bar-b-que-nin king
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 12:22:19 AM »
Quote from: babylonx

Genesis:

But it does say there was no death before Adam sinned, therefore Adam lived with the Dinasaures. According to Evolution the dinasaures were extinct millions of years before humans evolved Im guessing Adam including the earth are probably around 10,000 years old.

true, but humans in their times did live for hundreds if not thousands of years.  im sure there are many verses that include their ages.  also look at the geneology of adamn until jesus, it's a rather long list.

Offline babylonx

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 02:01:10 AM »

Genesis:

But it does say there was no death before Adam sinned, therefore Adam lived with the Dinasaures. According to Evolution the dinasaures were extinct millions of years before humans evolved Im guessing Adam including the earth are probably around 10,000 years old.

true, but humans in their times did live for hundreds if not thousands of years.  im sure there are many verses that include their ages.  also look at the geneology of adamn until jesus, it's a rather long list.

Yes, I think the ages of Jesus's ancestors and their ages are used to come up with that theory...

Offline BroonitBeita

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2006, 03:16:12 AM »
dont believe in evolution. i dont believe God used evolution to create, God spoke and it happened. i believe the world is around 8000 years old.

there are some really cool Christian institutions that promote the Creationist point of view (i.e. reality).
Check out answersingenesis.com, just one of many.

Offline BroonitBeita

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 07:11:44 AM »
I dont beleieve GOD just spoke and it happened... thats a fairytale....I strongly beleieve in Evolution to a certain extent.....

oh no, i dont know where to begin. maybe i shouldnt.

question: what does "strongly believe in Evolution to a certain extent" mean?

question: if evolution is true, and animals were around before man, did they die? cause i thought death (of all sorts) came through sin.  so, there is a dilema, God's word says no death before the "transgression".  big problem.

question: is not God powerful enough to create with His Word?

and if Genesis is a fairytale, why did Jesus quote from it many times, was He fooling us when He quoted creation from Genesis? or did He believe the myth Himself? which opens a big can of worms with either way you answer.

the literal account of Creation. six days, litereal days.

the science we so put our hopes in is extremely flawed, especially carbon dating. Please visit www.answersingenesis.com and other litereal creationist sites. (you dont have to)

just a reminder, in the other thread, you strongly claim that we need to have scipture and scripture ONLY as the basis of our faith and now you say that that same Word is a fairytale. im confused :blink:

Offline babylonx

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 02:31:02 PM »
Quote from: Senalko

To beleieve that the World is 8000 years old is Fairly naive, my dear friend Broonit, especially when its been sceientifically proven that the age of the Earth extends alot Older than that....

Bro, I'm surprised you out of all people would say that. Every single age testing method used in today's science is flawed. The earth has never been scientifically proven to be that old, its been theoritically proven to be that old.

I dont beleieve GOD just spoke and it happened... thats a fairytale....I strongly beleieve in Evolution to a certain extent.....

The Ten Commandments
 1And God spoke all these words, saying,
 2"I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
 3"You shall have no other gods before me.
 4"You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, 6but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.
 7"You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.
 8"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, 10but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. 11For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

The only thing that God wrote with his own fingers is the Ten Commandments, and with his own finger God wrote For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Unless your calling God a liar or deceiver, then what he said is true!

Deep Analysis of Geneis has enough evidence to back up my theory that GOD could have easily chosen Evolution for his Creation to proceed.. Remeber Time is very irrelavant to GOD.... its us humans who put the dates on and tried to predict How old the earth was....

In Genesis, it says that there was no death before Adam and that all the beasts ate herbs. I find it hard to believe that animals lived, ate eachother and died millions of years before Adam finally decided to evolve out of a monkey.

Appes and Monkeys did exist before humans... that is a Fact backed up Scientifically and Biblically.....

Biblically apes existed 1 day before man did.....
Science has nothing to offer...everything is based on theories.

The time Frame between GOD creating the Animals and then us Can be anything from a year to millions of years.......

According the God, it was one day! Unless God is trying to deceive us or lie to us.

How GOD created the universe ( Time wise) is a mystery, GOD works in an amazing way... he gives us everything we need to know BUT he doesnt give us everything we want to know....

He specifically used the word day which is "yom" in hebrew or "yoma" in aramaic. He could've easily said month, year, or millions of years. God easily opened the sea for Moses, destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, etc. you think he can't create the world in one day?

for the Christian, it all goes back to how u interpert Gensis....my study of it strongly makes me beleieve that GOD didnt create the World literally as it was Written.. there is a hidden meaning behind it all, and i feel that one Day GOD will reveal it all, in fact GOD has already revealed to us some of those mysteries...

I guess you don't think God is powerful enough. I believe when God says something, then its true. Jesus commanded demons to come out of people, the blind to see, the dead to rise, the sick to be healed simply by speaking. I believe matter and time instantly obey every word that God says.

Science is GOD's Work, if scientists Can prove that the earth is millions of years old, then perhaps we should take notice and think what GOD is showing us here :)

Science IS gods work and I never said science was wrong. But everything related to evolution and the earth's age is based on flawed theories, there are rewards of up to $1,000,000 being offered for whoever can SCIENTIFICALLY not theoritically prove that evolution did take place.

How long does it take for bones to fossilize? Millions of years right?

Well heres a fossilized pickle!

Human fossilized hand found with fossilized dinasaur bones from the Cretaceaus period which was 65-144 MILLION years ago.

Offline babylonx

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2006, 02:35:23 PM »

at the end of the day, this is a theological issue... GOD works in mysterious ways... Wether he created the world in 6 Literal days or 6 billion years Makes no difference to the core of our Faith Which is Accepting Jesus Christ as the Sole Savior to all humanity :)

I agree with what you say here. My point is I dont think none of us have 100% proof. But to believe otherwise that science has proved something then you are wrong, because all the scientific evidence that deals with this issue is based on flawed theories. Therefore evolution/scientific age of the earth, etc are all like a religion since they are based on theories just like ours.

Offline Phiruel

• moi
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2006, 12:11:30 PM »
I dont know!

I think we all act like monkeys. Nothing wrong with that, probably because we still have a lot of genes which are the same.
Monkeys are beautiful creauture and I don´t mind the thought that we evolved from them

If I have to choose from all the theories about how human got on earth then evolution makes most sense.
... Assyria is where I am from ...

Offline AssyrianPrincess07

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2006, 04:14:52 PM »
i believe whatever is written in the bible

Offline babylonx

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2006, 04:55:26 PM »
Sorry Fadi... i have ran out of time to respond to your reply as i am moving away and wont have Access to AVN for a while :(

May the Lord Bless u and give u the Wisdom and faith to carry on, in finding the Truth, the Great Truth of Our Lord and Savior Jesus christ :)

Are you serious man? Come back soon bro, the serious discussion/history and politics forums won't be the same without you. LOL

Anyways take care man, God bless!

Offline babylonx

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2006, 05:03:27 PM »
Quote from: eanna
I dont know!

I think we all act like monkeys. Nothing wrong with that, probably because we still have a lot of genes which are the same.
Monkeys are beautiful creauture and I don´t mind the thought that we evolved from them

If I have to choose from all the theories about how human got on earth then evolution makes most sense.

According to evolution, the WHOLE universe came from a dot as small as this one ----> ' . ' After this dot exploded and created the universe, somekind of primordial soup rained down on the earth's rocks and the rocks became alive! Your telling me that makes sense?? LOL. God created the earth people, stop being ignorant and trying to ignore what is obvious. Just cause you choose to think your grandfather is a monkey who was born from a frog that was born from a rock, it doesn't mean you won't stand infront of God on judgement day! Atleast do some research and then come to a conclusion instead of just agreeing with the theory that best fits your life style

Offline Phiruel

• moi
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2006, 06:13:12 PM »
I don´t believe in judgement day ......
... Assyria is where I am from ...

Offline vanity_fair

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2006, 06:33:28 PM »

According to evolution, the WHOLE universe came from a dot as small as this one ----> ' . ' After this dot exploded and created the universe, somekind of primordial soup rained down on the earth's rocks and the rocks became alive! Your telling me that makes sense?? LOL. God created the earth people, stop being ignorant and trying to ignore what is obvious. Just cause you choose to think your grandfather is a monkey who was born from a frog that was born from a rock, it doesn't mean you won't stand infront of God on judgement day! Atleast do some research and then come to a conclusion instead of just agreeing with the theory that best fits your life style

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  of, babylonx, you slay me.

Offline shoemaker

• Special Member
  • Dont look at me.
    • http://www.TOUFFFF.com/org
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2006, 06:42:42 PM »
there was a huge article about this in National Geographic and the bottom line is that "Evolution" is a fact. Darwins theory is correct. But, even Darwin couldnt explain where the first form of life came from. Only that life evolves.

So this first form of life could very have been created by god.

For you guys that believe the story in genesis, how do you explain it? How did the story get passed on? And how did 2 people that had 2 sons populate the world?

I hate everyone on this forum, including you...

Offline Senan

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2006, 06:57:01 PM »
Quote from: shoemaker
there was a huge article about this in National Geographic and the bottom line is that "Evolution" is a fact. Darwins theory is correct. But, even Darwin couldnt explain where the first form of life came from. Only that life evolves.

For you guys that believe the story in genesis, how do you explain it? How did the story get passed on? And how did 2 people that had 2 sons populate the world?

the bible only mentions two sons.. yet u think adam and eve, living close to 1000 years, only had two sons.. come on, use some common sense.. adam and eve had nutin else to do but to reproduce.. and the only reason those two sons were mentioned was becuase one killed the other, there is a deep meaning behind that.  The book of genesis was written to give us a basic understanding of the creation of the world, not to question Gods abilities and how he does his work.  

I read once, that if u trace everyone DNA, it traces back to one man and one woman.. i dont remember exactly what the article was.. but i will post more about it...

Offline vanity_fair

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2006, 07:02:32 PM »
Quote from: Malka_shomana

the bible only mentions two sons.. yet u think adam and eve, living close to 1000 years, only had two sons.. come on, use some common sense..

:blink:  :mellow:  :huh:

common sense would lead me to believe that they couldn't have lived for 1000 years...

Offline shoemaker

• Special Member
  • Dont look at me.
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2006, 07:05:56 PM »
how do you guys explain dinosours?

Offline vanity_fair

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2006, 07:08:51 PM »

um, they were AWESOME!  duh.

Offline Renee

• Summer lovin', had me a blast
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2006, 07:08:56 PM »

Genesis:

But it does say there was no death before Adam sinned, therefore Adam lived with the Dinasaures. According to Evolution the dinasaures were extinct millions of years before humans evolved X Im guessing Adam including the earth are probably around 6,000 years old.

6,000 years? Are you serious? aaaaaaaaahahahahaha...you're talking about fossils and carbondating them, I know Aboriginals (indigenous people of Australia) have been found to have inhabited this land in excess of 40,000 years ago...this is an evolved form of human.

Personally I believe in Genesis and evolution. I think God made the creatures and Man and allowed them to adapt to their environment. So I think evolution takes place within a said species, NOT from one species to another. There are different theories of evolution and like i posted a few months ago, some Australian archeologists have discovered what they believe to be a different form of human living at the same time as the ancestors of modern humans. It's still in he early stages, but if they get to dig more (there's a political battel trying to stop them) and their findings are further supported, then the most prominent theory of evolution, i.e. that we evolved from apes and apes from amphibians ro whatever, will be left highly unsupported.

In relation to shoemakers comments about the two sons. They are the only one's spoken about, that doesn't mean Eve didn't have daughters. The bible only tells of the story of Cain and Abel. In Genesis 4...where we are introduced to Cain and Abel, we are also told that Cain lay with his wife (refer to Genesis 4: 17 onwards). They predomenantly speak of the sons that are born to establish the bloodline. They only ever speak about men, who fathered which son.

Daughteres were simply not mentioned.

Offline babylonx

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2006, 07:10:15 PM »

Bro, do you or the national geographic have 100% reliable evidence to prove this?

I agree that life was created by God!

The story of Genesis explains itself! Also its based on faith, its in the bible not in the science books. Unlike evolution which is in the science textbooks, yet it requires more faith to believe in than the story of creation.

How did the story get passed on?

I don't care how it was passed on, but it was verified by God when he wrote the 10 commandments and many other times by Jesus and his disciples!

And how did 2 people that had 2 sons populate the world?

How do you explain rocks coming to life and populating the whole world? But anyways, Adam lived almost 1000 years, imagine how many children he had if he impregnated his wife every year....

Offline babylonx

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2006, 07:12:56 PM »
Quote from: vanity_fair
Quote from: Malka_shomana

the bible only mentions two sons.. yet u think adam and eve, living close to 1000 years, only had two sons.. come on, use some common sense..

:blink:  :mellow:  :huh:

common sense would lead me to believe that they couldn't have lived for 1000 years...

So its common sense to say your descended from a frog but not a man who lived 1000 years? LOL

Offline babylonx

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2006, 07:15:15 PM »

They were big lizards who died during the flood! Do you want more info on them, then i'll be glad to copy and paste 10 pages for you lol

Offline babylonx

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2006, 07:15:53 PM »
Quote from: vanity_fair

um, they were AWESOME!  duh.

Straight up they were, I wish they didn't all die. :(

Offline shoemaker

• Special Member
  • Dont look at me.
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2006, 07:16:36 PM »
babylon, you show me your facts, then i'll show you mine.  :mrgreen:

Offline babylonx

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2006, 07:18:50 PM »
babylon, you show me your facts, then i'll show you mine.  :mrgreen:

Please go to my Big Bang Theory post in this forum, I posted everything there. Im too lazy to repost everything. If you don't agree with something, reply there please.

Offline babylonx

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2006, 07:19:32 PM »
Quote from: Renee

Genesis:

But it does say there was no death before Adam sinned, therefore Adam lived with the Dinasaures. According to Evolution the dinasaures were extinct millions of years before humans evolved X Im guessing Adam including the earth are probably around 6,000 years old.

6,000 years? Are you serious? aaaaaaaaahahahahaha...you're talking about fossils and carbondating them, I know Aboriginals (indigenous people of Australia) have been found to have inhabited this land in excess of 40,000 years ago...this is an evolved form of human.

Personally I believe in Genesis and evolution. I think God made the creatures and Man and allowed them to adapt to their environment. So I think evolution takes place within a said species, NOT from one species to another. There are different theories of evolution and like i posted a few months ago, some Australian archeologists have discovered what they believe to be a different form of human living at the same time as the ancestors of modern humans. It's still in he early stages, but if they get to dig more (there's a political battel trying to stop them) and their findings are further supported, then the most prominent theory of evolution, i.e. that we evolved from apes and apes from amphibians ro whatever, will be left highly unsupported.

In relation to shoemakers comments about the two sons. They are the only one's spoken about, that doesn't mean Eve didn't have daughters. The bible only tells of the story of Cain and Abel. In Genesis 4...where we are introduced to Cain and Abel, we are also told that Cain lay with his wife (refer to Genesis 4: 17 onwards). They predomenantly speak of the sons that are born to establish the bloodline. They only ever speak about men, who fathered which son.

Daughteres were simply not mentioned.

Do you believe Adam was the first man created? Or he evolved from other things?

Offline Renee

• Summer lovin', had me a blast
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2006, 07:22:13 PM »
First man created....I believe evolution takes place WITHIN a species, not from one species to another

Offline shoemaker

• Special Member
  • Dont look at me.
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2006, 07:24:02 PM »
i'm not saying that i believe in the big bang theory. I'm jusst saying that its a proven fact that all life on earth has evolved, and will continue to evolve. Evolution is a fact now.

There was another thread about this and in that thread i posted som links that show you the skeleton of a python. Pythons are one of many snakes that still have minor hip bones from the time they had legs.

not to mention all the fossils they have of humans.

and yeah, dinosours were awesome. but if i am not mistaken, they were around thousands and thousands of years before man. If that is the case, how in the genesis story accurate?

Offline babylonx

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2006, 07:25:32 PM »
Quote from: Renee
First man created....I believe evolution takes place WITHIN a species, not from one species to another

Please explain yourself better cause I'm confused. Please list what you believe in and how the world was created, including the estimated time span.

Also, if your saying that dinasaurs evolve to crocodiles, then I agree!

Offline babylonx

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2006, 07:28:23 PM »
i'm not saying that i believe in the big bang theory. I'm jusst saying that its a proven fact that all life on earth has evolved, and will continue to evolve. Evolution is a fact now.

There was another thread about this and in that thread i posted som links that show you the skeleton of a python. Pythons are one of many snakes that still have minor hip bones from the time they had legs.

not to mention all the fossils they have of humans.

and yeah, dinosours were awesome. but if i am not mistaken, they were around thousands and thousands of years before man. If that is the case, how in the genesis story accurate?

Yes, a dog can evolve into a wolf, or lizard to snake, but turtle to lion is a different story. As for the fossils, please go to my big bang thread, I posted everything there, I even posted a pic of human hand fossiles with dinasaur fossils!

Evolution????

Started by nat2leeBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 24
Views: 3408
Last post October 31, 2005, 12:00:57 PM
by Hauleen
Underworld Evolution Review

Started by RadRidesBoard Music & Arts

Replies: 5
Views: 1170
Last post February 13, 2006, 04:12:54 PM
by assyrian_dude
Man ecology and evolution is messed up!

Started by Borat_RespekBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 3
Views: 386
Last post August 10, 2006, 11:28:12 AM
by Angel2
Dove Evolution (Amazing Commercial)

Started by shamirumBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 13
Views: 841
Last post November 01, 2006, 04:49:22 AM
by shamirum
Ciara- The evolution (2006)

Started by NiNiBoard English

Replies: 0
Views: 1128
Last post December 04, 2006, 04:33:15 PM
by NiNi
Templates: 4: index (default), Ads (default), Display (default), SimTopics (default).
Sub templates: 12: init, html_above, adsheaders_above, body_above, adsindex_above, simtopics_above, main, simtopics_below, adsindex_below, body_below, adsheaders_below, html_below.
Language files: 4: index+Modifications.english (default), markItUp.english (default), SimTopics.english (default), Ads.english (default).
Style sheets: 0: .
Files included: 25 - 865KB. (show)
Queries used: 23.

[Show Queries]