Havent thought about it / Not an issue
3 (4.2%)
Ill marry whoever treats me better
4 (5.6%)
Ill follow love wherever it leads me
26 (36.6%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: December 22, 2005, 11:31:04 AM

Author Topic: Would you marry a Non-Assyrian?  (Read 31759 times)

JohnSydney

Would you marry a Non-Assyrian?
« on: November 22, 2005, 11:31:04 AM »
Like my other polls, i aim to get 100 votes. 'Have you had sex?' post reached 96 and my thanks go out to all who voted.

These results can then be used by myself for articles/statistics. So plz vote honestly and accurately.

Offline Enki

• Ron Paul 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 11:32:18 AM »
Nope! I'm  late for a bank appointment so I cant explain why in detail! I'll do that tonight!

Must be an Assyrian girl :)
"If you don't want to be criticized, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing!"

Offline Hauleen

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 11:34:19 AM »
of course i will

that's not an issue at all... it's good to mix with other cultures.. makes it more exciting! :2hearts:

Offline AssyrianBookTa

• Special Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 11:37:59 AM »
I would marry who ever i fall in love with.
 Now that doesnt mean i will fall in love with a koumaya or what not. I pick and choose what cultures i date and i dont really date anyone that is not within the Mediterranean culture.
I'd marry a Greek if i had no luck in finding an Assyrian. I would also make it a point that ALL my kids will learn to speak assyrian,(and read if possible) know all their family members.(cuz my family is huge) I want them to grow up with being able to speak both languages and respect both.
R.I.P. Dr. Ronny George and Lina Yaakubova

JohnSydney

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 11:41:41 AM »
but maria lets be honest here ok....at the end of the day u can marry me la....so kheena no need for greek...aussies have fetta cheese too

Offline AssyrianBookTa

• Special Member
Re: .
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 11:43:19 AM »
Quote from: JohnSydney
but maria lets be honest here ok....at the end of the day u can marry me la....so kheena no need for greek...aussies have fetta cheese too

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm fetta!!!
i'd def. marry a guy that can cook ;) cuz the combination would be awesome.

JohnSydney

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 11:54:52 AM »
ok cool, but im gona have to break the news to ur cuzn here, hope she takes it well

ok that was a stupid joke

Offline MXJSPH

• Special Member
    • Civilised Violence
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 12:41:49 PM »
It's not really an issue. Well, it is, but I dont think it is.. :)
"What is love? What is creation? What is longing? What is a star? Thus asks the last man, and he blinks. The earth has become small, and on it hops the last man, who makes everything small"

Friedrich Nietzsche

civilisedviolence.wordpress.com

Offline _diesel_

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 01:17:40 PM »
I would prefer a girl who isn't Assyrian... Assyrian girls are too confrontational and antagonistic. I enjoy tranquility in my life :)

Sheik Abdul Bin Fallafel

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005, 01:22:39 PM »
I don't agree with diesel 100% but I can see where he is coming from. However I wouldn't say Assyrian girls are just like that but Assyrians in general.

Personally I'd marry anyone that is capable of embracing my culture and the moral structure which our culture is SUPPOSED to have, in my opinion.

Offline _diesel_

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2005, 01:26:57 PM »
I don't agree with diesel 100%
 :lol: that's only because you're afraid of the confrontation that my comment might spark  :blowup:

Offline MXJSPH

• Special Member
    • Civilised Violence
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2005, 01:29:02 PM »
I enjoy tranquility in my life

If you want tranquility in your life, I advise you to go live as a hermit in the countryside or something.

Confrontations occur in any relationship.
"What is love? What is creation? What is longing? What is a star? Thus asks the last man, and he blinks. The earth has become small, and on it hops the last man, who makes everything small"

Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline _diesel_

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2005, 01:37:48 PM »
I'm seeking the type of relationship where my wife won't break balls over something stupid/trivial. Confrontations exist in every relationship, true. But assyrian women (and middle eastern women in general... lebanese women would also be a good example) like to concentrate on trivial things just to spice up the day with a bit of confrontation. It's like they're living an episode of The Young And The Restless. Ideally, my wife would only break my balls if i screw up in something  :biggrin: [/i]

Offline atourina

• I Am The Best :)
  • Ultimate AVNer
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2005, 01:41:32 PM »
Yes why not, they are human too

thats what i picked..

i'd prefer an assyrian.. but if that doesnt happen.. then im not gonna make a big deal about it.. mind u.. i've never actually dated an assyrian guy b4... stupid london assyrians  :2guns:

**Mean Girls Club**

Offline MXJSPH

• Special Member
    • Civilised Violence
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2005, 01:44:34 PM »
That just comes down to how petty the person is. If they are petty, they are going to ***** about useless trivial things like you said. This measures the richness of their character..

Remember that petty people exist in every race or colour blah blah, you are just greatly familiar with middle-easterners, hence your perspective.

Bottom line is dont get with an idiot, unless you are yourself an idiot as well... :mellow:

Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline _diesel_

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2005, 02:00:30 PM »
MJay, I can't disagree with you. You're probably right that I have more experience with middle eastern girls and that's why i have this view. But no I'm not an idiot. Wanna hook up?

Offline MXJSPH

• Special Member
    • Civilised Violence
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2005, 02:01:38 PM »
I don't swing that way. :mellow:

Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline _diesel_

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2005, 02:25:40 PM »
I should've checked out that myspace link first huh...  :bangin:

Offline babylonx

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2005, 02:30:13 PM »
Only Assyrian/Chaldean.......if i cant find a good one here.....then im gonna go visit Balad El-Nahren!

Offline BAGHDADDY

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2005, 02:32:10 PM »
if you limit yourself to 1 thing...all you are doing is missing out on other possabilities.

Offline Nore

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2005, 02:34:14 PM »
Quote from: AssyrianBookTa
 Now that doesnt mean i will fall in love with a koumaya or what not. I pick and choose what cultures i date and i dont really date anyone that is not within the Mediterranean culture.
I'd marry a Greek if i had no luck in finding an Assyrian. I would also make it a point that ALL my kids will learn to speak assyrian,(and read if possible) know all their family members.(cuz my family is huge) I want them to grow up with being able to speak both languages and respect both.

I think she said it best...

Personally Assyrian would ideally be my choice, but since it really is difficult to find any, I wouldn't completely strike out any non-Assyrian. And like Bookta said, you choose the cultures you date within...regardless of which culture it is I think it's so imperative that the children embrace and understand both.

Offline Joy

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2005, 02:38:21 PM »
I can never ever imagine myself with any guy other than (chaldean/assyrian) IRaqi. and there r plenty of them in where I live  :angelnot:
Who I am is who I wanted to be!

Offline BAGHDADDY

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2005, 02:46:18 PM »
Quote from: LaDyMiDeAsT
Quote from: Joy
I can never ever imagine myself with any guy other than (chaldean/assyrian) IRaqi. and there r plenty of them in where I live :angelnot:

And where is that?

omg cloutier SUCKS

kma sanineh

Offline Winged Bull

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2005, 03:42:42 PM »
Assyrian all the way.  Not having to hassle re: religious and cultural and family issues is key - piece of mind seeing how the day to day is tough enough, la?

And besides - rather than work through ALLLLLL that, PLUS finding a good nakhreta, I'd rather spend my time finding a good Assyrian girl to marry.

I don't find it limiting at all.  My culture and people are precious and at a premium right now - we, or at least me, need to keep it together for the sake of the next generation.  And yes, I've walked from wonderful non-Assyrians, not even expanding on the relationship, only because I need to keep it whole.

Sorry for my nationalistic views, but LOVE SHMOVE!

Offline Nore

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2005, 03:44:14 PM »
Nick I think its easier for the guys  :mrgreen:

Offline AssyrianBookTa

• Special Member
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2005, 03:55:06 PM »
Quote from: Nore
Nick I think its easier for the guys  :mrgreen:

ya thats because they can fly back home if they dont find what they like here.
us girls are too picky and want someone we actually know!

Offline Winged Bull

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2005, 03:56:49 PM »
I don't doubt it.  We got WAY more top shelf girls to pick from than the pieces of work you guys get to pick from.  I mean, look around at the various functions.

However, I'm not being fair to some of the awesome cats out there that too are looking for someone wonderful to be with....

but most of these dudes are half-fa*s anyways. it ain't limited to Assyrians either - I find that guys, in general, have forgotten how to be men.

Offline Double A

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2005, 03:56:59 PM »
Virgin

Offline Winged Bull

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2005, 03:58:59 PM »
Actually Bookta, I prefer to know my significant other too.  I want to know what I'm getting, but being able to communicate and actually HANG with that person is key.

That being said, unfortunately, I don't have like 12 girls that I can pick from back home in Hakkari or Nocheyeh that are waiting to make me a proud papa!

Offline Enki

• Ron Paul 2012
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2005, 04:03:49 PM »
Well I personally wouldn't mind goin back to Syria to find a wife! Why not? They're all very respectable women who know how to.....i wont get into that my ass will be raped on this site by the feminists!
 :ban:
"If you don't want to be criticized, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing!"

Offline carro

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2005, 04:46:05 PM »
Quote from: AssyrianBookTa
I'd marry a Greek if i had no luck in finding an Assyrian. I would also make it a point that ALL my kids will learn to speak assyrian I want them to grow up with being able to speak both languages and respect both.

i agree with her  :mrgreen:

Offline Lidia

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2005, 04:47:02 PM »
Whatever happens, happens....fall in love with an assyrian-good..fall in luv with someone else- will take a lotta of discussion with the family but in the end its still good. cant really decided on this before uve ever been faced with the problem....lastly of course we should all try to marry assyrians...i might've been brainwashed by parents but i cant imagine my kids not being assyrian...

Offline petervocals

• Assyrian Aid
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2005, 05:21:25 PM »
assyrianbookta put it best                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         :bigarmhug:
Please read the announcement

Offline _diesel_

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2005, 05:29:08 PM »
I find that very few assyrian women are educated and its like they're waiting for a man to marry them so that they can be taken care of financially. Who's with me?

Offline Nore

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2005, 05:33:08 PM »
I think that may have been true, but it is a trend that is changing

Would you marry a non-assyrian???

Started by MarboushBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 124
Views: 17011
Last post March 11, 2006, 05:58:00 PM
by Phiruel
Assyrian: East meets West

Started by PhiruelBoard Assyrian Language Center

Replies: 536
Views: 108013
Last post February 26, 2015, 06:42:45 PM
by babyloniad
Assyrian Voice Yearbook 2005!

Started by ASHOORBoard Classic Threads

Replies: 213
Views: 40158
Last post November 20, 2006, 08:54:14 AM
by atourina
Kurdish Minister Has No Objection to Assyrian Christian Administrative Area

Started by AudaciousBoard Culture & History

Replies: 5
Views: 2673
Last post February 27, 2006, 11:45:05 PM
by Enki
best ASsYriAN singeR

Started by KrayZBoard Music & Arts

Replies: 31
Views: 9009
Last post July 29, 2016, 09:35:26 PM
by Cascade
Templates: 4: index (default), Ads (default), Display (default), SimTopics (default).
Sub templates: 12: init, html_above, adsheaders_above, body_above, adsindex_above, simtopics_above, main, simtopics_below, adsindex_below, body_below, adsheaders_below, html_below.
Language files: 8: index+Modifications.english (default), index+Modifications.english-utf8 (default), markItUp.english (default), markItUp.english-utf8 (default), SimTopics.english (default), SimTopics.english-utf8 (default), Ads.english (default), Ads.english-utf8 (default).
Style sheets: 0: .
Files included: 28 - 912KB. (show)
Queries used: 26.

[Show Queries]