Poll

Are you more religious than nationalistic?

Yes I feel I’m more religious that nationalistic
No I feel I’m more nationalistic than religious
I’m as much religious as I'm nationalistic
I’m neither nationalistic nor religious

Author Topic: Are you more religious than nationalistic?  (Read 13770 times)

Offline Claridy

• Mid-Level Member
Re: Are you more religious than nationalistic?
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2006, 09:47:56 PM »
The Assyrian Empire came to an inevitable downfall prior to the Assyrian people accepting the Christian faith.

The Assyrians accepted the God of Isreal way before Christ.  Remember Jonah?  He went into Nineveh before the fall and they repented.  They had no excuse, they knew who the God of Isreal was.  They had heard through past generations.

Even when our people choose religion above everything they didn't get a country.
God doesn't give countries ...  people fight and die for countries. Look at Israel it took a lot of palestinian (and jewish) blood to establish that country.
If you don't fight you don't get a country and if there is a war God shouldn't support a side cause God shouldn't support killing.

True, God has also given us a brain.  We are to use it.  Look at the history of the Isrealites.  When they chose God first, they won!  When they decided to take things into their own hands, they lost!  You still have to fight for it, but the question is, are you putting God first and trusting him?  There is a huge difference.

It is also inaccurate to claim G-d takes away and gives countries according to their faith and how "good" they are, like Clairdy suggested by claiming we were so "proud" G-d punished us.  That's religious blackmail.

If you see it as being punished, then that's your definition.  How about discipline?  If we continue on saying that we are nationalistic with no God, like I said before, just study history.  We aren't going to get no where.  When people repent and put God first, then you win.  That's how it works in life too. 

God bless you all
"Apologetics only leads the "horse" to the water. Only the Holy Spirit can make him drink."

"Judgement Day is not going to be so much God chasing down errant sinners and throwing them into hell, but rather God simply giving men what they have already chosen beforehand - either an eternity of the darkness they spent their lives hiding in or an eternity of the Light they spent their lives seeking out. -unknown"

Offline Angel2

• Special Member
  • 6/14/08
Re: Are you more religious than nationalistic?
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2006, 10:05:34 PM »
The Assyrian Empire came to an inevitable downfall prior to the Assyrian people accepting the Christian faith.

The Assyrians accepted the God of Isreal way before Christ.  Remember Jonah?  He went into Nineveh before the fall and they repented.  They had no excuse, they knew who the God of Isreal was.  They had heard through past generations.

Even when our people choose religion above everything they didn't get a country.
God doesn't give countries ...  people fight and die for countries. Look at Israel it took a lot of palestinian (and jewish) blood to establish that country.
If you don't fight you don't get a country and if there is a war God shouldn't support a side cause God shouldn't support killing.

True, God has also given us a brain.  We are to use it.  Look at the history of the Isrealites.  When they chose God first, they won!  When they decided to take things into their own hands, they lost!  You still have to fight for it, but the question is, are you putting God first and trusting him?  There is a huge difference.

It is also inaccurate to claim G-d takes away and gives countries according to their faith and how "good" they are, like Clairdy suggested by claiming we were so "proud" G-d punished us.  That's religious blackmail.

If you see it as being punished, then that's your definition.  How about discipline?  If we continue on saying that we are nationalistic with no God, like I said before, just study history.  We aren't going to get no where.  When people repent and put God first, then you win.  That's how it works in life too. 

God bless you all

great points Claridy

"May the Lord Bless You & continually fill your heart with His Love. May He give you victory in every trial you face.....As you are blessed of the Lord, may you become a blessing in return to all those who share your life."   Audrey Jeanne Roberts

Religious Perspective…what do you think?

Started by KeKwAnTa_MaRiAnBoard Culture & History

Replies: 7
Views: 1582
Last post December 08, 2005, 06:05:47 PM
by Blue
Religious question, help me

Started by BraTeiLBoard Culture & History

Replies: 46
Views: 7507
Last post February 10, 2006, 07:02:18 PM
by Crocodile Bani
USCIRF to Rice: US Must Address Threats to Religious Minorities in Iraq

Started by GGBWBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 4
Views: 984
Last post September 07, 2007, 07:49:33 AM
by Free_Assyria
Do I need permission to dislike someone in the religious or political arena?

Started by AFOBoard Culture & History

Replies: 1
Views: 918
Last post June 21, 2006, 05:26:02 PM
by Salem
Did you adopt your parents' political and/or religious views?

Started by ThinkerBoard Culture & History

Replies: 9
Views: 1389
Last post August 19, 2006, 01:02:28 AM
by Cookie
Templates: 4: index (default), Ads (default), Display (default), SimTopics (default).
Sub templates: 12: init, html_above, adsheaders_above, body_above, adsindex_above, simtopics_above, main, simtopics_below, adsindex_below, body_below, adsheaders_below, html_below.
Language files: 8: index+Modifications.english (default), index+Modifications.english-utf8 (default), markItUp.english (default), markItUp.english-utf8 (default), SimTopics.english (default), SimTopics.english-utf8 (default), Ads.english (default), Ads.english-utf8 (default).
Style sheets: 0: .
Files included: 30 - 964KB. (show)
Queries used: 31.

[Show Queries]