Author Topic: Language in our country  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Neta1991

Re: Language in our country
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2017, 05:47:15 PM »
It is Assyrian for short.

I didnt understand that

Offline Cascade

• Many waters cannot quench love.
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2017, 08:46:54 PM »
I didnt understand that
Assyrian Neo-Aramaic can always be "Assyrian" for short. You don't have to say "I speak Assyrian Neo-Aramaic". You can just say "I speak Assyrian".
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Offline Neta1991

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2017, 04:07:29 PM »
I who speak western assyrian, what should l call my language? assyrian or syriac or something else? if l call it assyrian then they think l speak the eastern dialect, thats why l am wondering this.

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2017, 04:07:29 PM »

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2017, 07:19:23 PM »
I who speak western assyrian, what should l call my language? assyrian or syriac or something else? if l call it assyrian then they think l speak the eastern dialect, thats why l am wondering this.
just call it western Syriac?

Offline Cascade

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2017, 11:34:56 PM »
Turoyo.

Isn't it generally called that?
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Offline Neta1991

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2017, 09:30:34 AM »
Is serto modern Western Assyrian talking language (turoyo)that has been written down, and madenhoyo modern talking language of the eastern assyrians that also has been written down?

Offline Cascade

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2017, 08:45:05 PM »
Is serto modern Western Assyrian talking language (turoyo)that has been written down, and madenhoyo modern talking language of the eastern assyrians that also has been written down?
Yes. Although we also use estrangelo too. Not sure if westerners use it too in addition to Serto?

Offline Neta1991

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2017, 11:48:42 PM »
I think that probably it will be both west and east assyrian that kids will learn, but the east dialect will be the talking language. While this is good because then we Western Assyrians dont need to learn east assyrian to talk to future assyrians and we wont be afraid of losing our turoyo language in the future. In the future probably east and west will be used all the time and like today we might use loanwords in our countries language, we will Do the same with east and west dialects which will make it develop together. And when it comes to tv, probably they will Do the same as suroyo tv, which means use both dialects. This is about our future language in our country.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 11:49:49 PM by Neta1991 »

Offline Neta1991

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2017, 12:01:51 PM »
I am trying to learn west assyrian now, Do you think its possible to have both languages learned in our country? My language is west assyrian and l cant speak very good that language but l think we will be learning west and east assyrian in our country.

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2017, 03:39:56 AM »
I am trying to learn west assyrian now, Do you think its possible to have both languages learned in our country? My language is west assyrian and l cant speak very good that language but l think we will be learning west and east assyrian in our country.
or like what happened to Assyrians who lived in Hakkari and went to Iraq because Seyfo, the dialects will just merge... The only way to understand dialects is for our kids to listen and hear them.

which country would you like to visit...?

Started by carroBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 24
Views: 2274
Last post February 26, 2006, 03:54:20 PM
by Nuray
help with language!!

Started by LudikristenBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 1
Views: 492
Last post February 27, 2006, 06:38:25 PM
by ASHOOR
Help with language

Started by LudikristenBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 19
Views: 2480
Last post June 10, 2006, 08:36:58 PM
by Ludikristen
Watch the movie about Jesus in any language...

Started by SenanBoard Culture & History

Replies: 7
Views: 1654
Last post January 12, 2006, 08:55:31 PM
by babylonx
How's The Weather in your country or state or province

Started by QURDAYABoard Chit Chat

Replies: 35
Views: 2486
Last post March 14, 2017, 10:07:08 AM
by atourina