Author Topic: What did you do after Highschool?  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Assyrian Nationalist

• hurr durr
What did you do after Highschool?
« on: February 06, 2016, 10:17:24 PM »
Did you go to university? Tafe? or did you just start working after highschool?

Offline Cascade

• Many waters cannot quench love.
Re: What did you do after Highschool?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 11:01:35 PM »
TAFE and work.
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Offline Cascade

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 12:19:33 AM »
What are you studying at Tafe?
Business Admin
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 12:19:33 AM »

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 02:03:56 PM »
Domanic, would nice to explain with TAFE means, since most people here are probably not from Australia.

Personally, I took a year off, then one year of college then university where I got my degree. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't take that one year off, it was a waste of time.

ASHOOR
-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 02:26:45 PM »
I took a year off, worked a bit as a bank teller, then went to college.

Offline Neta1991

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 08:28:38 PM »
I dont see myself as Assyrian, sorry. I see myself as Syriac. I just cant see myself as just that. I havent graduated yet from university. I study history there.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 08:30:21 PM by Neta1991 »

Offline Cascade

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 08:33:10 PM »
Domanic, would nice to explain with TAFE means, since most people here are probably not from Australia.

Personally, I took a year off, then one year of college then university where I got my degree. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't take that one year off, it was a waste of time.

ASHOOR
Interesting. What did you do in university? What did you get a degree on?

Offline Googoo

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 02:09:41 PM »
Took a year out and did community service then went to Cambridge - Chemical/Process Engineering.

Offline Assyrian Nationalist

• hurr durr
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 03:47:49 PM »
Took a year out and did community service then went to Cambridge - Chemical/Process Engineering.

University of Cambridge? wow.. Nice. :)

Offline ins001

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 12:52:18 AM »
very notable alumni

Offline Googoo

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2016, 01:38:58 AM »
University of Cambridge? wow.. Nice. :)

Yep, but I really disliked it so I wanted to move to a different university. It was 2012 at that time so I was looking through the rankings for Chemical Engineering because I didn't want to stomp down to a university that isn't ranked highly afterall, I worked so hard to achieve the grades I got in high school. So, Cambridge was 1st, Imperial 2nd and Loughborough was 3rd - I wasn't sure if I should go to Loughborough or Imperial, Imperial is very good and I know a couple of people who went there and I knew one classmate who went to Loughborough. So, I visited both of them and Imperial's campus is based in london so it was scattered and the city was too busy for me to live in, courses were also of a 100% exam and I hated that so much so I picked Loughborough.

Back to Cambridge, it was too academic and I was expecting it to be more technical since it's an Engineering major, everyone around me was smart but pretty much bookworms, professors were not helpful at all and gave all their attention to researchers (msc or phd) and I barely had any social life. The educational system is really weird in some courses for instance, you would get a 100% exam (as if you're in highschool) and you get tested only based on that ONE EXAM so throughout the whole semester, no matter how hard you focus on that course (studying, attending etc) nothing is counted but that one exam at the very end. So, let's assume you got sick on the day of the exam and performed poorly then Sorry dude, you and your luck! It's very weird because even in high school we get assessed on several thing such as, reports, assignments, quizzes, mid terms but it wasn't like that for Cambridge and most british universities.

I picked Engineering because I love maths and Science, being concise and getting straight to the point when writing reports etc but Cambridge and whoever attended that university for their undergraduate were quite the opposite! First year students would make Maths and Science sound like English literature (going around the bush) and their reports were like writing proper essays. That's my experience but, many loved their undergraduate experience so people do differ.

I know a couple of students who loved/love their postgrad over there though. My cousin is a researcher right now in process system engineering and she absolutely loves it. It makes sense since it's more technical at that stage.

Offline Cascade

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2017, 11:42:10 PM »
I dont see myself as Assyrian, sorry. I see myself as Syriac. I just cant see myself as just that. I havent graduated yet from university. I study history there.
Have you changed your mind now? :)

My Highschool is in a Crisis (James Cardinal Mcguigan)

Started by ASHOORBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 38
Views: 6530
Last post November 18, 2005, 02:42:55 AM
by Enki
Second Semester of Highschool Started Today...

Started by xNarcoticKissesxBoard Students & Scholars

Replies: 15
Views: 4006
Last post February 26, 2007, 08:21:26 PM
by JooJee