Author Topic: Best political system for Assyrians?  (Read 5662 times)

Offline john11121

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
Re: Best political system for Assyrians?
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2017, 12:26:38 AM »
3 would be best. a multi cultural, libertarian-ish society. you have your own property and you can be WHATEVER culture you want, on your own property.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 12:39:34 AM by john11121 »

Offline Cascade

• Many waters cannot quench love.
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2017, 11:06:13 PM »
3 would be best. a multi cultural, libertarian-ish society. you have your own property and you can be WHATEVER culture you want, on your own property.
That will be good, yes. But let's hope we won't be extremely liberal where people can identify as toothpicks.
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2017, 08:05:25 PM »
That will be good, yes. But let's hope we won't be extremely liberal where people can identify as toothpicks.

or better, why not an honest to god mix of authoritarianism and libertarianism? Something similar to Singapore.

"If all the 300 (top civil servants and political elite) were to crash in one jumbo jet, then Singapore will disintegrate."
~On how Singapore cannot afford the luxury of multiparty politics, 1975. Lee Kuan Yew.

Future Assyria will require a political elite. Etain was right to say that a democratic Assyria will not likely survive in the Middle East.
A political elite can best decide what actually is right assuming they have a sense of reality. Singapore was originally anti-Natalist, favoring lowering the birth rate but then they switched positions to becoming pro-natalist and favored increasing birth rates.

a government is supposed to be the brain of the country, just like a brain, governments regulate according to

Neon, you should definitely read the ideas Lee Kuan Yew had, the guy even saw what kind of religion Islam was...

"I have to speak candidly to be of value, but I do not want to offend the Muslim community... I think we were progressing very nicely until the surge of Islam came, and if you asked me for my observations, the other communities have easier integration – friends, inter-marriages and so on – than Muslims... I would say, today, we can integrate all religions and races, except Islam."

from his book 'Lee Kuan Yew: Hard Truths to Keep Singapore Going' (Asia One, March 08 2011 [28])

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2017, 08:05:25 PM »

Offline Cascade

• Many waters cannot quench love.
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2017, 09:44:36 PM »
Neon, you should definitely read the ideas Lee Kuan Yew had, the guy even saw what kind of religion Islam was...

"I have to speak candidly to be of value, but I do not want to offend the Muslim community... I think we were progressing very nicely until the surge of Islam came, and if you asked me for my observations, the other communities have easier integration – friends, inter-marriages and so on – than Muslims... I would say, today, we can integrate all religions and races, except Islam."

from his book 'Lee Kuan Yew: Hard Truths to Keep Singapore Going' (Asia One, March 08 2011 [28])

I couldn't have said it better.

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Syria: Assyrians ask for historical and political recognition

Started by BlocknessBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 101
Views: 13182
Last post December 13, 2007, 12:54:49 PM
by Alucard
Assyrians: First to Implement Sophisticated Spy System?

Started by ASHOORBoard Culture & History

Replies: 3
Views: 955
Last post July 08, 2010, 09:27:50 PM
by Lovemoon
Assyrians For Truth & Jusice Program Today

Started by sydneydudeBoard Culture & History

Replies: 87
Views: 14209
Last post March 01, 2006, 08:10:50 PM
by Senator_Danavi
Ethnic Cleansing of Assyrians Continues in Iraq

Started by Free_AssyriaBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 0
Views: 1328
Last post March 01, 2007, 04:07:56 PM
by Free_Assyria
Assyrians in North America have an Accent. Those in Australia & Europe don't!

Started by ASHOORBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 44
Views: 8634
Last post June 13, 2015, 12:25:15 AM
by Cascade
Templates: 4: index (default), Ads (default), Display (default), SimTopics (default).
Sub templates: 12: init, html_above, adsheaders_above, body_above, adsindex_above, simtopics_above, main, simtopics_below, adsindex_below, body_below, adsheaders_below, html_below.
Language files: 4: index+Modifications.english (default), markItUp.english (default), SimTopics.english (default), Ads.english (default).
Style sheets: 0: .
Files included: 25 - 865KB. (show)
Queries used: 25.

[Show Queries]