Author Topic: Assyria was not evil  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Asshur

Assyria was not evil
« on: February 13, 2015, 12:44:44 PM »

I am Ashurbanipal, the great king, the mighty king, king of the universe, king of Assyria, king of the four quarters of the world; offspring of the loins of Esarhaddon, king of Assyria, viceroy of Babylon, king of Sumer and Akkad; grandson of Sennacherib, king of the universe, king of Assyria.

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Re: Assyria was not evil
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 01:39:20 PM »
I have so much to say about this, but I will instead just ask you to refer to this discussion here:

http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/showthread.php/1768-Assyrians-the-Lords-of-the-Massacres-The-bloodiest-ancient-civilization

If Assyrians were evil, they were no different from every other empire back then. We had no UN or any human rights tribunal to go by.

It is funny how these accusations made against our history and ancestors are often by those who hate us. While those who appreciate Assyrian history, do mention all the great things about Assyrian history and civilisation. We have too many great contributions to worry about any cruel things Assyrian soldiers did, something every army does till this day, even those who claim to be the most humane and respectful of human rights.

ASHOOR
-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline Asshur

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 03:05:00 PM »
I have so much to say about this, but I will instead just ask you to refer to this discussion here:

http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/showthread.php/1768-Assyrians-the-Lords-of-the-Massacres-The-bloodiest-ancient-civilization

If Assyrians were evil, they were no different from every other empire back then. We had no UN or any human rights tribunal to go by.

It is funny how these accusations made against our history and ancestors are often by those who hate us. While those who appreciate Assyrian history, do mention all the great things about Assyrian history and civilisation. We have too many great contributions to worry about any cruel things Assyrian soldiers did, something every army does till this day, even those who claim to be the most humane and respectful of human rights.

ASHOOR
People see us Assyrians as major blood spilling machines, but they just don't see what we provided to the world, everything from the first philosophy and first university to math,warefare and culture...
I am Ashurbanipal, the great king, the mighty king, king of the universe, king of Assyria, king of the four quarters of the world; offspring of the loins of Esarhaddon, king of Assyria, viceroy of Babylon, king of Sumer and Akkad; grandson of Sennacherib, king of the universe, king of Assyria.

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 03:05:00 PM »

Offline Gate_Of_Inanna

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 10:19:35 AM »
The only people who think Assyria is evil are the people who refer to the USA as Babylon - uneducated Christian fundamentalists and uneducated Zionists, Jews and Muslims. One single trip through the old testament and you can see how blatant lies that don't match up to archaeological finds are written with hyperbole that idiots seem to take seriously. The myth of Assyrian ultra-violence was carried on by the Greeks and later Romans, who rooted their monotheistic expansion (Christianity) in the Hebrew Torah. Rome essentially fell in the East to a third Abrahamic religion who used the Torah as a point of reference - Islam. At the fall of Babylon, Cyrus' Persia had already began to spread heavy propaganda against all offshoots of Akkadian civilisation. So, with no real voice to defend itself, Assyro-Babylonia's history was written by four of its greatest foes (some by pure association, but with influence) - Persia, the Jews, the Romans, and the Muslims. Islam survived the centuries, Rome via the Vatican survived the centuries, and the Jews survived the centuries to keep the malicious myths alive. Assyria and Babylonia have had no voice since Belshazzar's defeat, and history never favours such a huge fallen empire.

Add to this the general retarded nature of confused American Christians and you get wild conspiracy theories linking Assyria to Nazi Germany and all kinds of other rubbish. The best thing to do is ignore it, because unless you have a chemical weapon that targets a specific retard gene in morons, you can't stop the anti-Assyrian propaganda. It has been pushed for almost 3 millennia.
Law #21, Code of Ur-Nammu: "If someone severed the nose of another man with a copper knife, he must pay two-thirds of a mina of silver"

Only 32 laws.. am I the only one who is wondering how common nose amputation in Sumeria was?

Offline Cascade

• Many waters cannot quench love.
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 02:51:50 AM »
Most civilizations were "evil" and violent back in the day anyway. The Aztecs, Romans, Celts. The Assyrians weren't any worse or better.

Heck, Nazi Germany was foul and this wasn't even 80 years ago...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 02:58:56 AM by Neon »
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Offline Brata_Shleeta

• www.AssyrianVoice.net
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 09:25:20 AM »
I love the fact that im assyrian and im 100% patriotic.  :biggrin:
but theres good n bad in every nation.

Assyrians were evil back then.

They were good at times, and bad at times.

When were they bad? heres some history, before even Jesus's time. They did bad things and were a godless nation, thats why God disliked them for some time. thank God some of us are alive now though :)

1. Isaiah 52:4  For thus says the Lord God: “My people went down at the first into Egypt to sojourn there, and the Assyrian oppressed them for nothing.
2. Isaiah 31:8   “And the Assyrian shall fall by a sword, not of man; and a sword, not of man, shall devour him; and he shall flee from the sword, and his young men shall be put to forced labor.
3. Isaiah 10:5-6  'Ah, Assyria, the rod of my anger; the staff in their hands is my fury! Against a godless nation I send him, and against the people of my wrath I command him, to take spoil and seize plunder, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets. '
4. Zechariah 10:11  He shall pass through the sea of troubles and strike down the waves of the sea, and all the depths of the Nile shall be dried up. The pride of Assyria shall be laid low, and the scepter of Egypt shall depart.
5. Jeremiah 50:17 “Israel is a hunted sheep driven away by lions. First the king of Assyria devoured him, and now at last Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon has gnawed his bones.
6. Zephaniah 2:13-15  And he will stretch out his hand against the north and destroy Assyria, and he will make Nineveh a desolation, a dry waste like the desert. Herds shall lie down in her midst, all kinds of beasts; even the owl and the hedgehog shall lodge in her capitals; a voice shall hoot in the window; devastation will be on the threshold; for her cedar work will be laid bare. This is the exultant city that lived securely, that said in her heart, “I am, and there is no one else.” What a desolation she has become, a lair for wild beasts! Everyone who passes by her hisses and shakes his fist.

The book of NAHUM is a oracle concerning ninwe. u can read if u like.
In other places God said 'Woe to ninwe' or 'Ah, assyria, the rod of my anger...'

:biggrin: some assyrian was angry at me and said how do you like the jews! they did bad things to us!
well hellooooo what about ancient assyrians, some of them used to do bad things to israel. i dont know who did what first though. God did try to save us many times, he had mercy. like Jonah and the Whale, sent him to ninwe, and the whole of ninwe repented and wore sackcloth and fasted & blablabla

I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
- Esho Msheekha/Yeshua/Jesus - John 14:6 -

Offline Cascade

• Many waters cannot quench love.
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 09:26:50 AM »
I love the fact that im assyrian and im 100% patriotic.  :biggrin:
but theres good n bad in every nation.

Assyrians were evil back then.

They were good at times, and bad at times.

When were they bad? heres some history, before even Jesus's time. They did bad things and were a godless nation, thats why God disliked them for some time. thank God some of us are alive now though :)

1. Isaiah 52:4  For thus says the Lord God: “My people went down at the first into Egypt to sojourn there, and the Assyrian oppressed them for nothing.
2. Isaiah 31:8   “And the Assyrian shall fall by a sword, not of man; and a sword, not of man, shall devour him; and he shall flee from the sword, and his young men shall be put to forced labor.
3. Isaiah 10:5-6  'Ah, Assyria, the rod of my anger; the staff in their hands is my fury! Against a godless nation I send him, and against the people of my wrath I command him, to take spoil and seize plunder, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets. '
4. Zechariah 10:11  He shall pass through the sea of troubles and strike down the waves of the sea, and all the depths of the Nile shall be dried up. The pride of Assyria shall be laid low, and the scepter of Egypt shall depart.
5. Jeremiah 50:17 “Israel is a hunted sheep driven away by lions. First the king of Assyria devoured him, and now at last Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon has gnawed his bones.
6. Zephaniah 2:13-15  And he will stretch out his hand against the north and destroy Assyria, and he will make Nineveh a desolation, a dry waste like the desert. Herds shall lie down in her midst, all kinds of beasts; even the owl and the hedgehog shall lodge in her capitals; a voice shall hoot in the window; devastation will be on the threshold; for her cedar work will be laid bare. This is the exultant city that lived securely, that said in her heart, “I am, and there is no one else.” What a desolation she has become, a lair for wild beasts! Everyone who passes by her hisses and shakes his fist.

The book of NAHUM is a oracle concerning ninwe. u can read if u like.
In other places God said 'Woe to ninwe' or 'Ah, assyria, the rod of my anger...'

:biggrin: some assyrian was angry at me and said how do you like the jews! they did bad things to us!
well hellooooo what about ancient assyrians, some of them used to do bad things to israel. i dont know who did what first though. God did try to save us many times, he had mercy. like Jonah and the Whale, sent him to ninwe, and the whole of ninwe repented and wore sackcloth and fasted & blablabla
Don't forget, the old testament was biased - after all the Jews (who were our enemies) wrote it. They over-sensationalized the atrocities of Assyrians. I'm pretty sure our gods would've said the same thing about Israel back in the day.
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin

Assyria Just Experienced its Worst Soccer Week in History

Started by ASHOORBoard Sports

Replies: 4
Views: 1349
Last post June 04, 2009, 04:11:27 AM
by jonadona
Assyria

Started by ReneeBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 86
Views: 13920
Last post May 05, 2014, 10:20:23 AM
by mrzurnaci
Assyria: The Islamic Republic of Iraq?

Started by MalekthaA2RETABoard Culture & History

Replies: 10
Views: 2348
Last post December 10, 2005, 01:29:21 AM
by babylonx
The Evil Strawberry !

Started by .CaNdLe.Board Jokes and Games

Replies: 0
Views: 818
Last post December 06, 2005, 03:05:17 AM
by .CaNdLe.
The Assyria project

Started by DaggoBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 10
Views: 917
Last post December 07, 2006, 11:13:35 AM
by atourina
Templates: 4: index (default), Ads (default), Display (default), SimTopics (default).
Sub templates: 12: init, html_above, adsheaders_above, body_above, adsindex_above, simtopics_above, main, simtopics_below, adsindex_below, body_below, adsheaders_below, html_below.
Language files: 10: index+Modifications.english (default), index+Modifications.english-utf8 (default), markItUp.english (default), markItUp.english-utf8 (default), SimTopics.english (default), SimTopics.english-utf8 (default), Ads.english (default), Ads.english-utf8 (default), Aeva.english (default), Aeva.english-utf8 (default).
Style sheets: 0: .
Files included: 29 - 977KB. (show)
Queries used: 25.

[Show Queries]