Author Topic: First Person Who Requested Autonomy For Assyrians Killed By Kurds  (Read 4571 times)

Offline Moneer Cherie

• Assyrian Music MP3
Sargis Aghajan’s lies are revealed

Rabbie Yonadam Kanna (ADM)
Recently, the Assyrian parliamentarian in Iraq, Yonadam Kanna, visited Sweden and lectured on a couple of occasions about the situation in Iraq. Yonadam Kanna is also the vice chairman of the parliamentarian commission which is looking over Iraq’s new constitution. He is also the secretary-general of the Assyrian Democratic Movement, ADM, which is the largest Assyrian party in Iraq. ADM got about 85 % of our people’s votes at the latest elections in Iraq.

Besides the general chaos in the country, Kanna spoke specifically about the Assyrian political rights and ADM’s view on Assyrian autonomy in the Nineveh plain. According to Yonadam Kanna, the corruption in Iraq is so extensive that it is a great obstacle for the country’s development towards democracy and security.

But the most astonishing disclosure made by Kanna’s lecture is the scam behind Sargis Aghajan’s demands for autonomy for the Assyrians in Iraq.

Sarkis Aghajan
The Kurdish party KDP’s marionette Sargis Aghajan has claimed that he has requested autonomy for the Assyrians in the Nineveh plain. But in reality he has been deceiving his own people. According to Yonadam Kanna, such an application for autonomy has never reached the new commission that is looking over Iraq’s new constitution. Instead, the application has been handed over to a Kurdish politician in the Nineveh province and got stuck there.
The Kurdish politician is a good friend of Sargis Aghajan. If or when this document will be handed over to the constitution commission is completely uncertain, according to Kanna.Further on, Kanna says, three written requests from our people’s different organizations have been sent to the commission. One of them is from the Syriac Orthodox Patriarch Zakka Iwas, who requests that the name “Suryani” be included, the other two are from the ADO and the ADM, both giving their views on the content of the constitution.

The Martyr Yeshoh (Esho) Majid Hedaya
The first person who requested autonomy for the Assyrians was Isho Majid Hadaye, leader for the Independent Syriac Assembly. In a letter to the Iraqi parliament on October 31st, 2006, Hadaye requested that the Assyrians/Syriacs and Chaldeans should have a self-rule in the Ninveh plain. Majid Hadaye’s request disturbed the Kurdish leadership. On November 23rd, 2006, Isho Majid Hadaye was murdered by Kurdish death squads belonging to the Kurdish parties KDP and PUK.

Another statement that Aghajan & Co are spreading through their errand-boys, some of whom are currently in Sweden, is that Yonadam Kanna in an interview said that he is against autonomy for our people. Kanna denied this statement, but said that an autonomy based on race or religion does not serve our people’s purpose.

“This is what I said in the interview and I am still saying today”, added Kanna in his answer.

The conclusion is that the Kurdish parties try to use Aghajan & Co as tools to expand their provincial borders on the cost of our Nation’s interest. The Kurds’ strategy is to do all they can to marginalize the Assyrian representatives who are not submitting the Kurdish demands.

ESNA
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 03:03:04 PM by steve2007 »

Offline Alucard

Re: First Person Who Requested Autonomy For Assyrians Killed By Kurds
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 03:31:09 PM »
If we set up an Assyrian state, we must have death penalty for traitors, and Sarkis Aghajan should be the first Assyrian to be condemned for treason and subsequently executed.

Offline Rumtaya

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 03:40:32 PM »
nother statement that Aghajan & Co are spreading through their errand-boys, some of whom are currently in Sweden, is that Yonadam Kanna in an interview said that he is against autonomy for our people. Kanna denied this statement, but said that an autonomy based on race or religion does not serve our people’s purpose.

I think it isnt even allowed to build up an area for one ethnic group alone, aint that so?

Well Sarkis Aghajan, baayin sharkine rabi sargis for beein a honest man...pfffffffffffffffffffffffffff those people dont have any dignity...
man since I got called a dreamer I am somehow afraid to right things like those...... :unsure:

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 03:40:32 PM »

Offline kur_16

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 03:48:17 PM »
Kurdish death squads??? :blink: :blink: :giggle: :giggle: :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Offline jonadona

• Golden Member
  • The town is back that way!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 04:02:56 PM »
Mukhabarat didn't exist either, they were made up to scare people, right?
turbulence is a fluid regime characterized by chaotic, stochastic property changes.

Offline kur_16

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 04:17:41 PM »
Mukhabarat didn't exist either, they were made up to scare people, right?

there is no death squads in kurdistan, you maybe mean ASAYESH (anti terror organisation) but they only kill terrorist and islamist, they also help mossad to spy on iran

Offline GGBW

• Special Member
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 04:20:55 PM »

there is no death squads in kurdistan, you maybe mean ASAYESH (anti terror organisation) but they only kill terrorist and islamist, they also help mossad to spy on iran

:no3:

Especially, especially, ESPECIALLY not the Asayesh.

What do you think, we have no family and friends there who tell us what these people do?  You think we don't know what the ASAYESH does?

Go to Iraq, Kur.  Stand in front of a squad of the Asayesh.  Tell them Mullah Mustafa was a terrorist and so is his dictator of a son.  Tell them the KDP is nothing more than  a gang of thugs. 

I know young men who have done this.  Guess what happened to them.

Offline kur_16

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 04:39:27 PM »
kurds are the only one who is not against an autonom region for you, why would they kill him? make no sense, sadr have death squads, maybe they killed him

Offline GGBW

• Special Member
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 06:20:59 PM »
kurds are the only one who is not against an autonom region for you, why would they kill him? make no sense, sadr have death squads, maybe they killed him

Sure they are.  They refuse to guarantee it in their constitution.

The world doesn't run on "promises".

Offline Alucard

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 06:33:10 PM »

Excuse me sir, but would you please show me reliable sources where your Kurdish leaders are in strong support of an Assyrian state/autonomy? Thanks.

Offline kur_16

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 07:10:24 PM »
Excuse me sir, but would you please show me reliable sources where your Kurdish leaders are in strong support of an Assyrian state/autonomy? Thanks.

i never said in strong support, i said not against :)

"on February 24, 2006, Dr. Mohammad Ihsan, Minister of Human Rights in the Kurdistan Regional Government of Iraq stated "We don't mind Iraqi Christians concentrating anywhere they wish, and establishing a new province for themselves in the Nineveh plain, and bringing together Iraqi Christians from all over the world and their return to their houses and towns."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minority_politics_in_Iraq

“It is their right to have their rights recognized and fixed in the Kurdistan Regional Constitution, including their right to autonomy in Nineveh plain,” Iraqi Kurdistan Prime Minister Nechirvan Barzani said in a December 6 press conference. “This is our permanent policy.”

http://www.ekurd.net/mismas/articles/misc2006/12/government888.htm

Offline Aga

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 08:31:22 PM »
well I dont believe that kurds will do such great thing for assyrians,what I believe is that they are saying this just to make sure that christians of Mousal Plain votes for KRG, ones they got christians voters the kurds will not bring more attion to them,not political, what more I belive is that kurds will increase kurdish puplation more than ever, and especially kurdish muslims so the region will remain being kurdish.

Kur_ if that true what says in your kurdish site why kurds havent send to iraqi assembly and iraqi goverment? as one of this guys said that the proposition for assyrians region stuck hands of kurds, this one make sense.

Dont forget that kurds are struggling to make sure that this regions fate into krg, why should they give away and especially when kurds are majority of this area?

Offline GGBW

• Special Member
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 08:32:06 PM »

"on February 24, 2006, Dr. Mohammad Ihsan, Minister of Human Rights in the Kurdistan Regional Government of Iraq stated "We don't mind Iraqi Christians concentrating anywhere they wish, and establishing a new province for themselves in the Nineveh plain, and bringing together Iraqi Christians from all over the world and their return to their houses and towns."

“It is their right to have their rights recognized and fixed in the Kurdistan Regional Constitution, including their right to autonomy in Nineveh plain,” Iraqi Kurdistan Prime Minister Nechirvan Barzani said in a December 6 press conference. “This is our permanent policy.”

That's all?  They have said more than that.  Much more than that.

But then they send KDP representatives to D.C. to lobby against the Nineveh Plains Resolution.

They will not put it in the KRG Constitution.

Again, the world doesn't run on promises.  Kurds know that lesson - how many times were you "promised" you own land?

Would you fall for it again?

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 08:40:57 PM »
And people have the nerve to say Kurds are not our enemies.
"The World has no glory without the Assyrians"

Offline Aga

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 08:43:26 PM »
thats true what you are saying dear waleeta

Offline Alucard

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 12:59:43 AM »

Action speaks louder than words...

Offline assyrian87

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2007, 09:30:32 PM »
The only thing I hate is that some church leaders are agianst this and SOME PEOPLE EAT THAT UP! How could you agree with a leader that says, no we dont need self-rule. I guess the 2600 years under the rule of others has done so much for us. Lets still stay under the muslims because they have been treating us soooooooo well. If Mr. Kanna said such a thing he would be in exile in Africa but a church leader can get away with this. I am sick of people like Dinkha who hide behinde the cross because they know how strong believers we are but NO MORE. Thats why I and so many youth no longer listen to church leaders when it comes to politics, we go to church to pray not to do politics. Like the recent boycott of Mar Meelis, to hell with what he says, im going to support anybody I want if I see that they are doing good work. Why, he wants us to give more money to the churches so that he can buy cars over $100,000 while my brothers are dying in Iraq, HELL NO! Zowaa is not perfect, it has bad apples like every other organization but once they are caught, they are OUT! Not church leaders, they have a "get out of trouble card" that they use all the time. It is said to see the only bishop that actually was doing good to unite our people, help those in Iraq, preach true Christianity was kicked out. People have given me at least 10 different reason why Mar Bawai got kicked out, all that I have proven false, like he was stealing money, stealing churches, making our church go under the Catholic church, and many more. If the church synods were filled with people like him, the churches would not be have all this divisions between them and in Assyria. Oh and dont forget that it was the church leaders that dressed up Sargis Aghajan with medals while he was making Assyrians that did not support the KDP starve to death and builidng $10million churches, do we need them right now while our people are in so much need.

And poor Mr.Kanna does all this work, risks his life, and get no appreciation. So I just want to say, God Bless Mr. Kanna and I hope he successed and shows people how Zowaa is the hope of Assyria.

Offline kaz

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2007, 09:51:17 PM »
**** Sargis Aghajan ... that mo fu is trader!!! :ranting:

Offline kur_16

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2007, 10:08:38 PM »
**** Sargis Aghajan ... that mo fu is trader!!! :ranting:

i know exactly what you mean, we have 50 assimilaitet kurds in turkish AKP party
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 10:11:58 PM by kur_16 »

Offline Iraqi_Irani_Al-Farabi

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2007, 12:56:35 PM »
Kurdish death squads??? :blink: :blink: :giggle: :giggle: :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Apologetics are lame...
'The known is finite, the unkown infinite; intellectually we stand on an islet in the midst of an illimitable ocean of inexplicability. Our business in every generation is to reclaim a little more land.' - T.H. Huxley

Offline Moneer Cherie

• Assyrian Music MP3
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2007, 09:09:16 AM »
The only thing I hate is that some church leaders are agianst this and SOME PEOPLE EAT THAT UP! How could you agree with a leader that says, no we dont need self-rule. I guess the 2600 years under the rule of others has done so much for us. Lets still stay under the muslims because they have been treating us soooooooo well. If Mr. Kanna said such a thing he would be in exile in Africa but a church leader can get away with this. I am sick of people like Dinkha who hide behinde the cross because they know how strong believers we are but NO MORE. Thats why I and so many youth no longer listen to church leaders when it comes to politics, we go to church to pray not to do politics. Like the recent boycott of Mar Meelis, to hell with what he says, im going to support anybody I want if I see that they are doing good work. Why, he wants us to give more money to the churches so that he can buy cars over $100,000 while my brothers are dying in Iraq, HELL NO! Zowaa is not perfect, it has bad apples like every other organization but once they are caught, they are OUT! Not church leaders, they have a "get out of trouble card" that they use all the time. It is said to see the only bishop that actually was doing good to unite our people, help those in Iraq, preach true Christianity was kicked out. People have given me at least 10 different reason why Mar Bawai got kicked out, all that I have proven false, like he was stealing money, stealing churches, making our church go under the Catholic church, and many more. If the church synods were filled with people like him, the churches would not be have all this divisions between them and in Assyria. Oh and dont forget that it was the church leaders that dressed up Sargis Aghajan with medals while he was making Assyrians that did not support the KDP starve to death and builidng $10million churches, do we need them right now while our people are in so much need.

And poor Mr.Kanna does all this work, risks his life, and get no appreciation. So I just want to say, God Bless Mr. Kanna and I hope he successed and shows people how Zowaa is the hope of Assyria.

I see that your opinions are all based on attacking one church and its leaders. What do you know about the other sides? I am not sure that you actually know what the other churches say about these matters? Or even about the word Assyrian, I give you an example that (a church), few of their religious and political leaders on many occasions in Iraq said that the word Assyrian is a dirty and shameful and will never allow 'our people' to be attached to this evil (biblical) name?
So, it amazes me that there are still people like you who agree with the Bawai war-tactic under the falsehood of (unity)? Can I steal your home and call it unity? What would the other side give to Bawai and us if we gave them our property? Nineveh?

Do you read Arabic? This LINK IS RECOMANDED FOR YOU, SO you See what Mar Georges of the Assyrian Church of the East said recently:

http://www.ankawa.com/forum/index.php/topic,154042.msg2941239.html#msg2941239
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 10:51:08 AM by steve2007 »

Offline AssyrianKing92

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2007, 03:08:39 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its MAR.Dinkha not Dinkha and he is the head of our church which you go to too OK!!

Offline Salem

• Special Member
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2007, 01:22:11 AM »
If we set up an Assyrian state, we must have death penalty for traitors, and Sarkis Aghajan should be the first Assyrian to be condemned for treason and subsequently executed.

Remind us not to give you any decision making authority if and when we have some sort of an autonomous region.

We never manage to unite because we are too emotional to look beyond our differences and therefore unable to focus on our similarities and common beliefs but would rather dwell on the differences.

TIL: An Assyrian girl was killed by Kurds in Nahla in 1999, Assyrians retaliated

Started by Assyrian NationalistBoard Serious Topics and Discussions

Replies: 20
Views: 2145
Last post January 18, 2018, 12:55:08 AM
by mrzurnaci
Kurds and Assyrians have ALWAYS lived in Peace.........?????

Started by Senator_DanaviBoard Culture & History

Replies: 61
Views: 10198
Last post May 23, 2006, 01:40:45 AM
by Nuray
7 Assyrians killed 1 Church bombed in the past 3 weeks alone in Iraq

Started by chaldeanBoard Culture & History

Replies: 4
Views: 1659
Last post June 20, 2006, 06:01:56 AM
by Salem
Kurds claim indigeneity, kick assyrians out and claim oil as "theirs"

Started by GGBWBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 13
Views: 3531
Last post September 16, 2007, 11:41:35 AM
by Damail
At Least 12 People Killed (Possibly Assyrians)in Baghdad's Tal Mhamad Area

Started by DiklatBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 8
Views: 1709
Last post October 04, 2006, 07:31:29 PM
by Free_Assyria
Templates: 4: index (default), Ads (default), Display (default), SimTopics (default).
Sub templates: 12: init, html_above, adsheaders_above, body_above, adsindex_above, simtopics_above, main, simtopics_below, adsindex_below, body_below, adsheaders_below, html_below.
Language files: 8: index+Modifications.english (default), index+Modifications.english-utf8 (default), markItUp.english (default), markItUp.english-utf8 (default), SimTopics.english (default), SimTopics.english-utf8 (default), Ads.english (default), Ads.english-utf8 (default).
Style sheets: 0: .
Files included: 28 - 912KB. (show)
Queries used: 24.

[Show Queries]